Kickboxing with weights

Rockael

Cathlete
Cathe, What do you think about using weights or weighted gloves while doing kickboxing? And if you think this is beneficial. How heavy?
I find that if the movements are real quick, it may not be a good idea, unless the weight is light.
And where would you recommend purchasing weighted gloves?
Thanks Cathe.
Rocky

I ONLY do kickboxing with weighted gloves. I use 2lb hand weights, but 1lb handweights are the "norm" for women. I use Altus brand, they're still available online. LOVE them.

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

I recently got the Altus gloves as well, and I find that they are a great addition. The weights are just enough to keep my arms from flailing all around while punching. The thing that surprised me the most was how sore my arms were (in a good way) after the workout.

I love my 1# Iron Wear weighted gloves (I also have 2#, but don't use them often). The weight is heavy, flexible rubber, and it is evenly distributed between the back of the hand and the palm. I've tried several types of weighted gloves, and these are by far my favorite, and the only ones I use (and recommend).

>Kathryn where did you get your gloves?
>Thanks.
>Rocky

My first pair I got at Target (they no longer carry them). I've also picked up some at Reebok factory outlet (Ironwear sells their gloves under several brand names).

You can also get them here: http://ironwearfitness.com/ (they sometimes have sales for a better deal) and sometimes on the Reebok site.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.