Kickboxing Everyday

mari27

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,
Hope and Pray all is well with you and your family.
My question is I know that I am supposed to crosstrain However I am hooked on kickboxing is it ok to do it everyday.
I alternate videos like cardiokicks or cxt kickbox, tae bo and powerstrike but I am hooked on this type of cardio.
I also throw in two treadmill workouts and 1 step but I still do kickboxing on those days also.
So how bad is it?
Thank You,
Marisol

RE: I'm not Cathe but . . .

Hi, Marisol! Obviously I'm not Cathe, but I thought I'd kick in my $.02 . . .

IMHO, and in the opinion of many exercise physiologists, it is not a good idea to do kickboxing every day. In fact most mainstream exercise physiologists recommend doing kickbox more than 3 times per week, mostly due to the significant risk of overuse injuries to the ankles, knees, low back and shoulder joints. It is good that you're including treadmill and step in your program; however, it is probably fairly risky to throw in a KB routine on top of it.

More generally speaking, it is always a good idea to cross-train to prevent body and brain boredom, and sometimes it's a little tough to omit your fave mode of exercise even for a day or two. However, overall that is the safest and most effective route to follow.

Again, just my $.02 -

Annette

RE: I'm not Cathe but . . . TYPO ALERT!

Hey again, Marisol! In my previous post I meant to say, ". . . most mainstream exercise physiologists recommend NOT doing kickboxing more than 3 times per week . . ."

just shows to go ya what happens when I try to be smart on a friday . . .

Annette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.