kick max or amy bento kickbox xtreme

jharris35

Cathlete
Which one should I buy? I'm ordering hi/lo xtreme, but I also want a kickbox video. This way I will have a more rounded collection. I have MIC but I don't like the hi/lo portion and I have Jillian Micheals cardio kickbox, its just okay.

Help if you can!!

:) Jenn

I saw another thread out here about Amy Bento's workout, saying that her form was so awful that they think they may have injured themselves doing it.

I'm a TaeBo fan, myself (the older Live and Get Ripped series). And Billy Blanks focuses quite a bit on using correct form to prevent injury.

Whichever workout you choose, that is definitely something to be very aware of.

If you don't have KPC, by Cathe, then this is the kickbox workout to be buying. Then, apparently the powerstrikes 1 & 2 are fabulous.

Clare

Collage video has a powerstrike DVD for purchase. I don't know which number is for sale. I am seriously considering it.

Cheryl

Between the two that you mentioned, I would buy Kickmax. I do like KPC a little more than KM but I wouldn't part with either.

Good luck,
jordan

Well, I know I'm in the minority here, and it is Cathe's forum afterall, but I much prefer Amy's Kickbox Xtreme. The music rocks and it's a whole lotta fun! Modify moves you aren't comfortable with and you'll be fine. There is a learning curve to it though.

KickMax, to me, had uninspired combos in the beginning. The pivots weren't do-able on my carpet. Then came the blasts, and if you didn't like the hi/lo on MIC, you probably won't like the blasts - too many were not kickboxing inspired - lots of jacks and plyos. The leg drills were okay, but kind of boring - kind of like doing floorwork standing up.

Sorry Kick Max lovers. This paled in comparison to Kick Punch Crunch, which I love!

Diane

I agree it pales in comparison. Kick Max is more of a Drill Max which Cathe obviously loves making. She's a cardio fiend, as she says so herself!

Clare

Neither. Kick Max wasn't one of Cathe's best kickboxing workouts - Kick, Punch & Crunch was way better. Although I don't have Amy's kickboxing workout, from what I've read on forums and from the clip I've watched, she displays poor form and it is poorly designed. My suggestion would be the longer cardio workouts in the Turbo Jam series by Beachbody.com.

>Neither. Kick Max wasn't one of Cathe's best kickboxing
>workouts - Kick, Punch & Crunch was way better. Although I
>don't have Amy's kickboxing workout, from what I've read on
>forums and from the clip I've watched, she displays poor form
>and it is poorly designed.

I agree (though I do have and use Amy's workout, and like her as an instructor and like the music, it takes quite a bit of modification to make it usable using good kickbox form).

I think KPC is one of the best kickboxing workouts out there (and there are some good premixes that combine it with Legs and Glutes), but I got rid of KM lickity split (though I love Cathe's form in it!)

I probably use KM the least of all my workout vids, and can't wait to do Amy's again. Whatever issues you may or may not have with form, Amy has the highest fun factor by far.
KPC is good, but I still think it gets monotonous. Amy is definitely up and coming and I can't wait to see what she comes up with next, as I see nothing but improvements coming from her material.

>Although I
>don't have Amy's kickboxing workout, from what I've read on
>forums and from the clip I've watched, she displays poor form
>and it is poorly designed.

I've made comments on other forums about KBX - and I have the workout. Amy's form is compromised because of poor sequencing - for instance, there are places where she is in an angled "fighter's stance" and leads with the arm in back. You just can't use good martial arts form the way it's presented. But Amy does a fantastic job with the variety and how it all goes to the music. You're not going to look "fierce", but you will have fun.

I read so many comments from people dissing the workout without even trying it. I just wanted to clarify.

Diane

Amy's kickbox ROCKS! All you need is to do it 2-3 times before you should have the sequences down. It is so much fun and even though its a long workout it flys by. LOVE IT!

i love amy bentos kickbox extreme. its dancy and fun its not a martial arts class and im not sure why people expect it to be, its some girl doing kickboxy dance fun yay. i modify the couple moves i dont like, big deal.

kick max is the only cathe i have out of almost 20 or so that i hated so much i gave it away. zero fun level. KPC is great fun, if you dont have that, get it

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.