ketTLEbell wedNESday

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Just getting the party started :)

I slept in today, will do my last 5X4 c&p's this afternoon after work.

later gators:cool:

Good morning gang!

Have a good workout, Deanie!

Here's what I did last night:

Buy in:
10x halos @ 12kg
3 Rounds
* 5x asst pull ups 30#
* 5x push ups

ETK: 15 minutes Swings @ 16kg
* Alternated 15x swings and 50 jump rope
* 11 rounds each, with some extra jump roping at the end.

Cash out: Foam roll and stretch

BBL for more personals!

Hi All,

I'm going for a 3 mile run this evening. Wow...that workout was tough yesterday. Those bear crawls are brutal. My shoulders and wrists were really sore last night. I feel better today though.

Mom is having her first chemo treatment today. I dropped her off and stayed for a little bit but mom kicked me out so she could sleep. I'm at work now and will go back and pick her up in a couple of hours. The nurse said the only side effect (aside from hair loss) should be fatigue. They give you meds for nausea. She has to have a port put in next week.

Deanie ~ Enjoy your workout this afternoon.

Hi to Gayle, Rhonda and Melissa!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good Afternoon

Had a late start getting started on my workout today!! This is why I prefer to workout in the morning....we had a surprise quick staff meeting after work! :eek: I still haven't eaten lunch!!! so here's my workout: http://jerseygirl4565.blogspot.com/

Jane::: GOOD LUCK to mom today!!!! Enjoy your run tonight and I'm glad your wrists/shoulder is feeling better!

Gayle:: You know I love your workout!:)

Melissa:: Hope your medium day went well!

waves to Rhonda!!!

off to have lunch!!!:eek::)

Jane - Good luck to mom! Have a great run! I'm seriously thinking about including bear crawls in something tonight.

Deanie - EAT! I'd be so wicked cranky right now without lunch. Great job on the snatches! :cool: What exactly do you have to do for the test?

Melissa - Nice workout yesterday! When do you see your RKC?

Hi Rhonda!

I'm doing TGU's tonight and some kind of cash out.

Gayle: The test day is on page 145 of ETK. It says you should test every 4ish weeks. I haven't tested before because I knew I couldn't press the 20kg. I think, maybe possibly, I can press it on the right side now. maybe. I'm pretty sure I can't on the left. As Melissa says, my left side is "wonky" ;) (love that word!) I have been following the kettlebell clean and press rules on page 146 throughout ETK, so I should have a good test day. After you test for the heavier bell you are supposed to wait 5 minutes and test the SSST. Theoretically, if you can press the new heavier weight kettlebell, the one formerly known as heavy, you should start your ladders over again and use the new heavier weight... the goal of etk for women is to press 1/4 of your body weight and pass the SSST with the 12kg. I'm thinking if I don't pass the SSST, I will come pretty close, and I will just make it a long term goal of mine to work towards this year.

I keep going back and forth with what I want to do next. From what I've read, SIM is very similar to Pavels RKC program/book my brother emailed me.... 2 exercises, supported by other exercises. The only problem with that is, there are no swings.... Really, I am so unsure what to do next, but I know I am ready to move on.....:confused::confused::confused:

I'd like to take a break from ETK, but pick it up again towards the end of the year with the same weights I'm using now; but swinging with Bertha.... I do really like this program. Because even if I could press the 20kg with one arm, I just don't see me doing a 5X5 with it.....wish I could have the 40# bell!!!

Deanie, GO FOR IT!!! You will do better than you think. :)
I decided that I am going to restart the program minimum when I "pass." I have been following Jordan (RKC Team Leader) from Average to Elite and he's totally convinced me that if I really want to be strong I need to master swings and TGUs. Well, he hasn't convinced me personally, but his viewers. Dude is awesome.
Hmmm, would you be interested in Convict Conditioning? Viking Warrior Conditioning? Spartacus Training? These have all piqued my interest. I am not too excited about Strength in Motion, I have to be honest with you. I liked it when I did it, but after ETK it just doesn't do it for me now. I don't know why!
BTW, I went completely vegan today. Not on purpose, it just happened. I just thought you'd like to know! :p

Anyone know: Is Anthony DiLuglio RKC, HKC, AKC...? I couldn't find certifications for him. Since I have really been following this program very closely - almost obsessively researching it - I noticed that his swing is very different from RKCs I've watched. He is still awesome, but his form is different. I went to his site and couldn't find a certification anywhere - did he just make up his own style of kettlebelling?

Gayle, are you dripping in sweat when you are done with that workout!? I think I am going to do that sometime, with some pushups thrown in - or Jane's Bear Crawls. How is Rascal these days? I haven't heard about him in a while. When does the backsplash go up?

Jane, the more I hear about your mom the more I like her. How did her chemo go? I wanted to run today with Lucy because it's so pretty out, but my body just wasn't having it. I was also low on time. :confused: Where does it run off to sometimes???

Rhonda, what's up?

Marcy, you still here?

Here's my workout:
http://fitmiss.tv/index.php/workinit/3-record/60-5282010
I am soooooo tired, and I am actually laying in bed as I type this. Neither Dan nor I slept last night. :( It's early bedtime tonight and then up and at 'em tomorrow! :D

See you guys later!

Melissa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.