kettlebell. monday.

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!!:):)

Jane::: How was the race?

workout posted on my blog.
Still not sure what to do.
I have been doing the c&p from the floor (dead) for my ladders. Now that I am doing the long clean, I am having a hard time with my 3rd press (mostly on the left, but once on the right) so I don't know if I should drop to the 30# and build up again, or continue with the 16kg and do push presses. I emailed the RKC guy and asked him, we'll see what he says. I personally am leaning toward using the 30# :p

Have a great day gals!!:cool:
bbl

Okay, the RKC answered already!:eek::eek:

He said I should alternate between the 30# and the 16kg. so that is what I will do!:)

Good morning!

I'm starting RoP today. My plan is to make Monday my heavy day since that seems to be when I'm the most "on" workout-wise. I'm planning to start with 12kg. We had great weather this weekend, so got in a lot of yard work...lotsa weeding and mulching.

Deanie - Wow! That's one responsive RKC! ;) You mentioned that he said your swing was "GS" style...what's that? It sounds like you really got the most out of a 1.5 hour session.

Jane - How was your race?

Melissa - Cool workout yesterday...straightforward and tough. :cool:

Have a good day!

Hi Everyone,

I had a busy weekend. It started off early with a 5K race. I did pretty good. I ran in my usual range but nothing spectacular. The race was mainly flat but had lots of twists and turns. I felt good in the beginning but hit the skids around the 2.5 mile mark. It was a beautiful morning so it was great to be out there and run.

Then I went to mom's house and helped her and my sister make a birthday cake for our other sister. It was fun. Mom is doing well but her hair keeps falling out. She is very interested in this process and is happy that she no longer has to shave her chin hairs!!! :D:D Mom always finds the silver lining.

Yesterday morning I ran 8 miles. It was a rough 8 miles but I got in done. I used my camelback and LOVED it. At least it felt a bit heavy in the beginning but of course it got lighter as I ran. I also like the fact that it has 2 other pockets for keys, cell phone, gels, etc. Then I came home and cleaned my messy house. :( It wasn't fun but the results were made me feel better! :)

This is my workout for today. I'm doing Lucky Sevens but with different exercises.
"Lucky Sevens"
7 exercises, 7 reps, 7 rounds.
I changed some of the exercises from the original

Swings 7r/7l
Squat Thrusts
KB Suitcase Deadlifts
Squat Jumps
Triple Crush
KB Thrusters 7r/7l
Walkouts

Deanie ~ Great feedback from the RKC! It's good that you have someone to go to for help.

Melissa ~ Great workout yesterday!

Gayle ~ Have fun tonight!!

Last edited:
Gayle, I don't get the difference between GS and Hardstyle swings either - are GS swings less explosive than HS? Here is a clip I found of someone demonstrating a GS swing. It seems to have less snap than I am used to seeing, and is more bent over.
That was a TOUGH workout yesterday. Lauren Brooks is freaking awesome!

Jane, LOL about the chin hairs!!! I am so happy you have a clean house! :D That is a WONDERFUL feeling. What is a camel back?

Deanie, don't you just feel awesome after seeing the RKC? It is exciting to improve things and even MORE awesome when he sees "that looks pretty good" :D:D:D I get what you are saying about the snatch being more of a V. Did you bring a notebook? I took so many notes. DH tried doing kbs a few times since we got home but he has since given up. His muscles are so tight that it's hard for him to do anything so instead of working at it he just gave up. :( It really is typical of him though, my motto is "Nothing worth having is easy" his is "I won't waste my time if it isn't easy." :eek: But that's why we are together. ;)
Don't you think the long cycle clean is so much harder?

I am taking a rest today because I am so unbelievably tired. I didn't sleep last night because I was afraid if I fell asleep I wouldn't wake up in time for the carpet cleaners to get here. Silly me! :eek:

I have to run, I will chat with you guys later! :D

Melissa

Hi again!

Gayle::: the GS swing is the same; but not as much backswing. I was only getting my arm up to my wrist between my legs, and it should be more up towards my elbow. Also, your back isn't as bent over - more straight. hope that makes sense:confused::confused: Have fun with RoP tonight!!!!!!!:):):):)

Jane::: Love the crazy 7's! Your mom rocks! and she's funny! I like that. I want to be her when I grow up!!;):) Happy birthday to your sister!

eta: that GS swing clip looks like the swing I'm doing now, before I didn't have such a good backswing!LOL

later

Last edited:
Don't you think the long cycle clean is so much harder?
Melissa

YES!!!!!!! I'm so glad you totally understand:)
my brother didn't get it (I thought maybe it was me).;)

no, I didn't take notes. I did bring a notebook, but never had time to write in it. When I got home I did write down everything I could remember, and later that night when I remembered stuff, I added that to the list too. Alot of what we did in the session was physical work where he adjusted me, so it was hard to write down about it afterwards.

I liked you workout yesterday. I bookmarked it, though my next few weeks are booked with RoP;):confused: I am going to practice swings on tuesdays; and tgu's on thursdays to build my lat strength.

Last edited:
Melissa ~ A camelback is a pack that you wear while running and it hold water. It has a straw so you can sip while running. It looks like a backpack. I need to bring water on my long runs and I hate having stuff around my waist. It worked really well.

Deanie ~ I want to be like mom when I grow up too!

I hate chin hairs!:confused:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.