Kenpo X..perfect anti-Cathe KB workout!

jloewe

Cathlete
Cathe,

You know I love you like none other, but I have to confess there are days when the last thing I want to see is you...and just need a break from no-nonsense and I finally found it...Kenpo X from the P90X series is just the ticket for me..Tony Horton cracks me up, and gives me a great cardio workout!!

No "Krispy Kremes" here!!!

Thanks to a very special friend for turning me onto this!!

Oh, Jerry! Thanks for posting this! I do one kickbox workout per week (usually on Fridays) and have gotten a bit tired of my FAVE Cardio Kicks; I'm learning to love KP&C; and Kick Max, well let's just say you have to PAY me to do that one. This past Friday I did the kickbox cardio from the CTX set and all weekend I've been trying to NOT BUY anything new. Besides that, for Lent the kids and I have committed to not buying ANYTHING NEW that we don't need to LIVE! :D I have P90X and will do that one this week! Oh MAN! Like a new workout without breaking my Lenten promise! WOO HOO! :)

Gayle

I like this for a nice steady sweat workout when I have just a little less energy than usual. I have done it on days when I have tons of energy for a fantastic workout. I knwo that Tony annoys people but I think he is funny :) Great workout!

Cathe,

You know I love you like none other, but I have to confess there are days when the last thing I want to see is you...and just need a break from no-nonsense and I finally found it...Kenpo X

Yes, Tony serves up a lot of nonsense ;) I'll have to try Kenpo. It's been sitting on the shelf for a while.

I agree.. I love this workout.. I like it as that you can make it as hard or as easy as you want. This is one of my favorite P90x workouts too!

Lynn M.

Wow - I'm so in the minority. I found KenpoX so boring and not at all challenging. My new favorite kickboxing workout is the Kickbox option on 4Ds. If I don't have a lot of energy, I pop that one in, knowing that it's only 35 minutes. (kind of the "you can do anything for a minute" concept, but a little longer). I find that particular workout effective and quite energizing, and super-fun. If I want to extend it, I either do the pre-mix with bootcamp added on, or I just do it twice. Love it!!

Wow - I'm so in the minority. I found KenpoX so boring and not at all challenging.

I thought this too, and I wore weighted gloves. How are yous kicking up the intensity on this one?

If you have KenpoX+ (which is more cardio and intense) I think even Tony says something like thats Kenpo the way it was meant to be done and not so much punching drills (forgot the exact words, I haven't done the workout alot and it's been awhile).... but I'm pretty sure he was hinting that KenpoX was on the easy side.

Depending on my energy level and how much I put into the workout makes it a great workout for me. Some days when I have a lot of energy it feels a little slow, so I go at a faster pace than Tony and use wrist weights and add it extra jacks and "x" jumps. Other days when I'm not so energized it feels like the perfect pace. The first time I tried it I did not like it much, did not like all the punches at the beginning (ie. when do we get to kick?!) but after watching my HRM and seeing how high I can get my HR on punches alone it makes me work harder and now I really like it.

I thought this too, and I wore weighted gloves. How are yous kicking up the intensity on this one?

If you have KenpoX+ (which is more cardio and intense) I think even Tony says something like thats Kenpo the way it was meant to be done and not so much punching drills (forgot the exact words, I haven't done the workout alot and it's been awhile).... but I'm pretty sure he was hinting that KenpoX was on the easy side.

Compared to Cathe...having someone pierce bamboo into my fingernails would be easy!!

I do have KenpoX +...doing it this week, does look as if everything's bumped up a tad, a shorter workout than Kenpo X..you're right...Tony does say something to the effect that the first one was more about learning the moves/blocks/stances...still gave me a great sweat, though!

I love KenpoX also. That was one of my faves when doing the P90x rotation. But, after doing it so often I'm bored with it now. It'll sit for a awhile until I miss it & then I'll get into it again.

KenpoX+ was the one i found to be a bit boring...I absoultely hate when the workout has a repeat segment. I almost feel like it's a cop out to coming up w/a whole workout.

I love Tony's goofiness - I can see how he may be annoying to some, but I find it refreshing. I also love his warm ups & stretches. Wish X Stretch had a shorter option since I really like it but don't always have time for 1hr. stretch.

Tony does do the best warm up in Kenpo X. He thoroughly works on all the muscles that are needed for kickboxing, and I find myself being able to kick high from the start. Sometimes my back will bother me after a kickboxing workout but it never does after Kenpo X. It can take a little patience to get through, as it's about 10 minutes long, but it's so worth it.

I love Kenpo because it reminds me of the karate classes I took in college. No fancy choreo, just straight forward kicking and punching drills. It's a classic.

Hey J

I LOVE P90X Kenpo! Actually, P90X was the first DVD program I've ever tried. I lost 40lbs doing it. Of course diet had something to do with it too ;-)

When I first tried P90X Kenpo, I had a hard time with coordination of the Kicks and Punches. My wife thought it was easy cause she had done Cathe Kenpo. But after a while I really got into it. It's a self motivating workout..I like pretending to punch and kick people..he he he!

Kevin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.