kbgal -- Weight Watchers ?

DebD

Cathlete
Dear Chris,
Could you tell me what's involved with Weight Watchers on line. I was wondering if it is too time consuming. What do you think the pros or cons are instead of attending meetings.
Thanks,
Debbie

I'm not Chris, but I do WW online, and for me, it's much more convenient than going to meetings and writing everything in a paper journal and looking up points in a booklet. Everything is online - the journal, your weight chart, the points calculator, everything. There is even an online chat forum. If you feel like you need the group support of the meetings, that's the only thing you'll miss. I found when I was going to meetings, I'd just weigh in and then leave. Right now they're having a special $59.99 for three months, and then $14.99 a month thereafter.

I don't have anything to add from what actionwoman said, but I just wanted to say that I do WW online and I like it too. It's more convenient for me and I didn't always enjoy going to the meetings. But if you need the support group going to the meetings is great. I think even if you go to the meeting you can sign up for WW e-tools. But I don't know too much about that.

Thanks, I think I'll try it. Do you plan your meals in advance on a daily basis or weekly?

Hi, Debbie.

I think actionwoman just about covered everything. One thing not mentioned is the "panic button". It answers questions and offers advice for things like if you've used up all of your points for the day and you're still hungry, or if you've hit a weight-loss plateau. I really like WW online, because I don't have time to attend weekly meetings, thanks to my crazy schedule. The convenience is great! You pick which day of the week you'll "weigh-in", and on that day when you log on, it will ask you to enter your current weight. Your weight is charted on a graph, so you can view your progress.

I used the 3-month special they're offering for $59.95, which is cheaper than attending weekly meetings, too. It's been 4 weeks today -- 10 pounds down, 40 more to go!

I think they even offer a "diet buddy" program, but I haven't looked that far into it yet.

Good luck, Debbie! Let me know if you join.

Chris

I try to plan my meals the night before. One thing WW provides is their own 7-day meal plan that fits into your points. It changes every week.

Hi,
I was reading this weight watchers question and I also have been interested in the online meetings. I am a life time member and I do know that I have to go and weight in at a meeting before I can sign up for online. What I was wondering if there is a different cost for the online for life time members. I don't think I am over my goal weight I just haven't weighed in a long time. If anyone could be of help and answer this it would be much appreciated. I need to get back into better eating habits and weight watchers always did it for me. Like all of you I just don't have time to go to the meetings. Good luck to all of you. You will acheive your goals.
Thanks for your help.
Deb Harvey

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.