Kanye West is such a jerk!

Kathryn - you have probably pieced it all together from the previous posts but if not, here is a rundown of the MTV VMAs (Video Music Awards):

1. Taylor Swift (for "You Belong With Me), Beyonce (for Single Ladies), and several others were up for the first award of the night - Best Female Video.
2. Taylor Swift won.
3. During her acceptance speech (really as soon as she started), Kanye West came up on stage, took the mic and said Beyonce's video and song were much better.

Much later that evening...

1. Beyonce is up for video of the year (again for Single Ladies).
2. Beyonce wins.
3. Beyonce says she remembers the emotions of winning when she was with Destiny's Child at the age of 17.
4. Beyonce calls Taylor Swift back to the stage so that she can have her moment and finish her speech. A total class act!!!

Carrie

ETA: I just read an article describing Kanye's appearance on The Jay Leno Show. He is blaming his behavior on his mother's death in 2007.
Thanks~(finally!) for filling me in!:)
What an @-hole!

Did anyone see him on Leno? He LOOKED so pathetic. Said he was SO sorry and how bad he felt. How he felt awful the second after he said it and "she didn't continue her speech".

And then, Leno kicked him in the BALLS (figuratively). He said to him, "What would your mother have thought of what you did? What would she have said to you?"... OMG, the look on Kanye's face was priceless, I ALMOST felt sorry for him. He couldn't answer. He looked like he was going to bawl!!

especially when you don't have a real job. ;)

Just because we don't see the hard work and sacrifices performers and professional athletes put into their work, doesn't mean it isn't a real job. It is a testament to their talent when their appearance on stage or on the field seems effortless, but they work hard and grueling hours to maintain that level of performance. The professional musicians I know practice 8 hours a day. Many of the professional athletes have been in training since they were children. Hour upon hour of practice for decades. Maybe they don't have the best social skills, but then they weren't given many hours to be social.

Not that this excuses her behavior, but her father has had her playing tennis since she was 4 years old. She made her professional debut at 14 and she won her first US Open Grand Slam at the age of 17. She has been working since she 14, and Professional athlete is a real job. It may not be brain surgery, but neither is being a check-out clerk or a secretary but I don't see anyone telling them they don't have real jobs.

And I've known a couple of secretaries who have thrown some pretty awful tantrums at work and they didn't even get fined, let alone fired.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.