Just graduated from nursing school! And I'm fat again!

sme702

Cathlete
This has been the longest 3 years of my life -- but I did it! Just graduated from nursing school and waiting to take my state boards so I can call myself an "RN"! :)

I've worked full-time, have 2 teenagers in every sport known to mankind and a husband, house, etc. etc. Needless to say, I haven't had time to workout!

Now, to take off this 'school weight' -- I've gained 25#!!!! Started Cathe again (her easier stuff right now) but does anyone have her newest videos STS or the new aerobic ones? Are they worth getting? Please tell me pros and cons of these. I'm interested especially in her new aerobic ones (made after 4 day split -- I have that one) I need to burn some of this fat now and then work on that STS after I'm in shape more.

Please any advise on those would be helpful -- only a few days left of that coupon to use (buy 4 get 20% off) so I'm looking for 4 new ones.

Thanks everyone!
Sheryl

Well, I'm not going to be much help on the timeline of Cathe's DVDs, nor have I gotten her Shock Cardio series yet! I just wanted to chime in here to tell you congratulations on completing nursing school! I had several friends in similar situations doing the same thing when I was in school and we always talked about the determination it took and how hard it was, especially with children!

You've made a great accomplishment! If you can do that, you can do anything, including getting rid of that school weight and compared to finishing nursing school, it's going to be a breeze!

Wonderful! Good luck on your State boards, not that you're going to need it!

Sheryl:

haven't done any of the new STS weights or cardio stuff yet, so can't voice an opinion on any of them.

Just wanted to chime in and congratulate you on your magnificent achievement, graduating nursing school while raising kids and being taxi driver to all and sundry, wow! What a modern woman!!!

Fabulous job, you should be so proud of yourself and yes, I agree, you've done the hard stuff, now you can spend some time on yourself and get some fitness back. Success breeds success, so you are well on your way!

Clare

Just a super big GRADUATION HUG to you!! You are amongst the ranks of the unsung heros!!! Appreciated more than you know and we are sooo proud of you!!

Packing for the SD RT so, you go girl and congrats to your awesome nursing self!!

Pam!

Congratulations!!!!! I LOVE nurses and could never do the job myself. The nurses that I had when I delivered both of my girls were amazing...worth their weight in gold. Again...I couldn't do that job ever. My sister and my best friend are nurses. My best friend works in the ER and has the best stories to tell. I think nurses deserve MORE MONEY and MORE RESPECT.

What do you plan to do after you pass your boards?

I just want to congratulate you. I am trying to get in to nursing school this fall and I think you are so awesome for chosing that career path and I wish I would have done it sooner.

Thanks everyone!

Dixiedog -- I'm going to be 41 this year so it's never too late! Good luck with getting in! Just don't give up (It'll be VERY hard and you'll cry -- more than once -- but if I can do it then YOU can!!

Now, if I can only get a job, cuz I live in Michigan and there are hiring freezes everywhere around me!

Sheryl

Thanks Sheryl, I'm 39 and we have a severe nursing shortage here, the province will pay for most of the tuition. I think you have accomplished something wonderful!

congradulations that is quite an accomplishment, and i am sure that now that you don't have as much stress you can concentrate on you things again.

Congratulations Sheryl! What a wonderful accomplishment! I know how hard you have worked and can appreciate the weight gain! I gained about the same amount when I went back to nursing school. It seems to me that we try not to “inconvenience” everyone else in our families so we are the last priority. Now is a great time to focus on you.

Don’t stress yourself too much about the board exam. Take a review course if available and do as many practice test questions on the computer as you can. If you had a tough program then the licensing exam will be easy in comparison. I am sure you know all of this.

When you are looking for a job, don’t forget to use any connections you have (your other job or past rotations). Also, there are non-traditional positions to look for (I worked in research right out of school).

As for STS strength and cardio, I have both. I started the strength last year and have added the cardio this year. In addition to weight loss, the strength program has made me fall in love with weight lifting. I also feel as though it can greatly assist with lifting and moving patients. If you are strong, you are less likely to suffer injuries. I also love the cardio. I fully appreciate the HIIT workouts – short and powerful for when I have little time.

Best of luck with your new career!

Congratulations!

Congratulations on finishing nursing school! I was a "nontraditional" student also, so I know how hard it is to finish up a degree while working, dealing with family, etc.

I really loved STS -- I did it twice last year and saw enormous improvements -- especially in my upper body. I'll probably take it on again after school gets out (so I won't have to work out so early in the a.m.).

I have the STS Cardio series but haven't yet done all of the workouts. I've enjoyed MMA Fusion and Kickbox, but can't give you a good recommendation about the others.

I really just wanted to say "congrats" and cheer you on for getting back in shape!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.