just found out...

Hi everyone! I just found I am pregnant with my second child. I forget though, is it safe to do abdominal excercises still, I think until the third or fourth month?
I want to keep my core strong, last time I had very bad backaches from weak muscles. Thanks in advance!

Congratulations!!! I am currently preg. with my 3rd. I am still doing what feels good to me. I find that kettlebell exercises work my core without straining it. Also, ab exercises on the ball work for me too. I'd love to hear some advice on this too. I am currently right around 19 weeks.
-Jen

congratulations to both of you on your pregnancies! My little boy is 5 weeks old (our 2nd child-he has an older sister) and we are both doing well. Sorry I'm not sure how far into pregnancy you can do ab work-I read that it's not safe into the 2nd trimester because of the pressure that's put on the large vein (vena cava?). But you may get better advice from your doctor. I researched and basically just did standing abs-I hate to say but I didn't do much ab work during pregnancy-I was too afraid of harming my little guy or myself.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.