Just dropped off DS for Marine bootcamp

jgarr44460

Cathlete
I knew this day would be hard but it's really , really hard. He is my third and youngest son(Henry)who just graduated high school. He has wanted this since he was 8 years old. It is so hard to be a Mom sometimes and still support their dreams when your heart just aches to see them go. I am not asking for anyone to go against their beliefs but if you are inclined to pray and wouldn't mind adding him to your list I sure would appreciate it.

TIA

Wow! I cannot imagine doing this, must be tough! Mommy hugs coming your way: {hugs}{hubs}. I just said a prayer for him (and you), he sounds all grown up! Do you have any more kiddos at home, or do you have empty nest syndrome now?

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

JenG, how hard for you! Hugs to you and many thanks to your DS. My DD's SO is in the army Natl Guard, stationed in Afghanistan currently. It's a constant worry. Rest assured, I pray for him and all our servicemen every day.

Jen, I send much love and courage to both you and your son. <3 Then again, I suspect he has plenty of courage considering this is voluntary. I'm beyond impressed. :)

(((hugs))) Just said a prayer for you and your son. My ds (almost 14) has wanted to join the military since he was 8 also. He wants to be a medic with the Rangers (nice safe career option, yes?)

Take care and keep us posted with prayer requests.

Maggie:)

JenG - My son has been in the Marines for two years now. He has been to Iraq already and will probably have to go two more times. He went in right after high school. He had just turned 18. I was scared for him, but boy did he grow up. I pray for him every day and my thoughts and prayers will be with your son. It is a huge sacrifice they make. God Bless.

Melanie - Yes, he is the last of my children to leave home.That doesn't help the emotions either.

Peggie - My son will turn 18 July 20th. I know right now he is just
in bootcamp and the "real" worrying will come after his special forces training when I find out where he is stationed. If you don't mind my asking - what is your son's MOS? I will include your son in my prayers also.

Maggie - Does your son want any particular branch of the military? I really thought that my sons mind would change over the years but no. It did make for some very interesting Christmas wish lists though.

Robin - I can't imagine what your DD must be feeling on a daily basis with a SO in the National Guard.Hugs to her.

Thank you all for your support of my situation and more importantly our service men and women. I didn't want to bring something so personal and controversial to the forums but I needed support yesterday and I am glad I posted. It has helped me so much.

Hi Jen,
My younger brother is a Marine also, he's currently stationed at Camp Lejeune in NC. He's 21 and has been in almost 2 years. He's been to Iraq once with another tour on the way. My thoughts and prayers are with you and with your son, I know how hard it is.

**hugs**

Jen,

When my oldest ds went to Army bootcamp, I was in constant prayer. I'll be praying for you and your son!!!

Wendy

"Maggie - Does your son want any particular branch of the military? I really thought that my sons mind would change over the years but no. It did make for some very interesting Christmas wish lists though."

Jen--He wants to be a medic with the army rangers. I'm surprised that he is so focused on this. He is only (almost) 14, so I suppose he could change his mind, yet. Although it scares me, I honestly think that military service would enhance his strengths and iron out some of his weaknesses. Anyway--more ((((hugs))) and prayers for you and Henry today.

Maggie:)

I'm always happy to add one of our hero's to my prayer list, and their mom's, too. ;-)

God bless you both.

JenG - Of course my son had to be the big shot -- Infantry, machine gunner. I think after he went to Iraq, he wished he maybe would have picked something else. I can tell it really affected him. He is stationed in Hawaii and I don't hear a whole lot from him. When he was home after Iraq he did a lot of drinking and I really worry about that too.

Your son will be fine. Positive thoughts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.