Junk mail

Hi everyone! I am new to Cathe's videos and new to the site. I love the videos and the positive discussion and support amongst all of you.

However, since I started visiting this site I have begun receiving very nasty XXX junk mail. It's so bad that I don't dare open my email section in front of my kids. I'm not talking about opening the email, just my inbox where the subjects are listed.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? This is the only site I have given my email address to since the problem started. I am extremely careful about keeping my email address private so I am sure I didn't give my address to anyone else.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Peace,
physfitgal

I haven't encountered this and I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with this site.

Spam e-mail places have loads of ways to get your e-mail address. You don't have to give your address to anyone for them to get it. I get nasty XXX e-mail in my Hotmail junkmail folder all the time. It's one of the reasons I don't use Hotmail anymore.

You might want to check what sites other people in your house have been visiting. I'm not saying anyone is visiting XXX sites, but it could be from anything. You might also want to tighten up your filters for junk mail and such.

I don't get any XXX email, either. However, you can set up your email to put spam directly into the trash. Not sure what service you use, but most email services allow you to do that.

Good luck!

Marie

I've never received unwanted email as a result of visiting this site either. But just to be safe, make sure your email isn't listed anywhere in your user profie.

Hello Physfitgal

I don't think you receiving junk mails has anything to do with this site. Junk mails are everywhere, and those people are like hackers. They can easily get people's email addresses from anywhere, perhaps even from the email account you have with (hotmail, yahoo, aol, etc). Not that those dot com companies gave your email address to them, but they can just get it some how. Did you see that some of them can even call you by both of your first name and last name? I got tricked once because they know both my English and other names, and they know my brother's name. They make me madx(

I actually keep a yahoo account just for that reason and that's the only email address I ever give out when I'm ordering on line. But I don't have any issues with this site. Are you sure you didn't order something on line somewhere else? That's when I start to get them.

Some of the spyware programs are intelligent enough to report back to the miscreants that distribute them. They can harvest your email address quite easily.

I used to wonder how I got targeted adds offering services in my quite rural area. I realized that the cookie for the weather.com website was betraying my location.

Download Adaware's free spyware cleaning tool.

Dave

Thanks everyone for your replies. I set up some advanced filters to delete any emails with certain words in the subject. I'll also look into the spyware cleaning tool Dave suggested.

Thanks again!

Peace,
physfitgal

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.