June Jogglers 2015

RapidBreath

Cathlete
Tricia- I am so glad to see you post! I have seen you on FB, and I hope that picking up Stephen was easy. Eating right is not easy, I am not perfect either:(

Jane- Congrats on winning your age group!! It counts even if there was no one else in the group.

I did 2 miles this morning. I have acquired a low grade headache, its ttotm soon, so pms likes to show up that way. Its unseasonably cool here, just in the 70s today. The weather channel expects 90s within a week though. Our spring has shifted a bit later, when I was a kid spring weather was done by mid May if not earlier. My ear thing seems to be gone now. Yippee. My heart rate is good when I exercise. That means I can start increasing my intensity again, perhaps not high like Cathe's 'Intensity' workout though. o_O

Thanks for the congrats Alisha. I always like winning trophies even if I'm slow and the only other person in my age group is my sister!

Yesterday I did an upper body weight workout that my sister put together. Then we did 3 rounds of kettlebell carries. Each round consisted of a walk up and down the driveway carrying the bells in racked, overhead and farmer positions. That was very tough!! I though we only had to do it once but we had to do 3 rounds or 9 times. Yikes!

Today is a rest day.

I'm glad your ear is better and that your heart rate is good when you exercise. Enjoy the cool weather. We are in the 80's and 90's. Can't believe it's June already. Eighty-seven more days until vacation. Yes...I am counting down the days.

Hi Tricia!

I had physical therapy this morning. Hurt so bad, I cried!! OMG! dang thats not easy. He says it is my neck. We are in the low 80s, and expect to be in the 90s by next week. Within two weeks it is supposed to be 99 degrees! I hope they are wrong. That reminds me, as soon as I feel better, I need to get a crew out here to weed eat the yard, its fire season.

Jane- Good job on your workouts! That is a super tough KB workout. Yikes!

Tricia- Did you get a workout today?

Yesterday was a lackluster 3.5 mile run. None of us was feeling it but we got it done.

Here is tonight's workout. Very humid tonight but a nice breeze showed up near the end of the workout.

3 Rounds
50 Squats
45 Sit ups
40 Step ups (20 each leg)
35 Push ups
30 Swings
25 Tire Flips

Tomorrow is a rest day and Saturday morning is the Blueberry 5K. We will buy more blueberry plants and some blueberries. We have blueberries on our bushes now. I only picked 3 today but we have lots more to come. We have lemons and oranges growing now too. Looking to get some good crops this year.

Alisha ~ I'm so sorry your had a tough PT appointment today. I hope you are feeling better now. We are already in the 80's and 90's and it has been a bit dry of late.

Hi Tricia!

Hi ladies!

Alisha - Neck issues are so not fun! Trust me! I'm finally doing way better. Just a little pain that goes down my arm when I reach back behind me like undoing my bra or putting on my seatbelt. Hopefully, will graduate from PT again soon!

Jane - Great job on the workouts!

I still am not working out. Playing a lot of golf though. Some walking, some with a cart. 2 of us walked today at Foster Country Club. Oh, man! It was so much climbing! I didn't realize it was so hilly there! Definitely got a workout in today doing that! It was a really tough course. Felt like I was playing in a PGA tournament with those greens that are "turtle-backed" - they are high with steep drops all the way around. Sheesh! We still had fun, which is what we are all in it for any way.

I treated myself to a mani/pedi on Friday after work. It makes me feel pretty to have painted nails and toes!

Not too much else new around here. Work is finally getting busy in real estate, which is a good thing! We need it!

I plan on hitting the range tomorrow and playing the Par 3 course to work on my short game. After that, I'll probably just crash for the rest of the day. Stephen won't be home from Vietnam until next week Tuesday. He has 2 days of travel to get home. At least I've had the pups to keep me company! We are finally going to start warming back up again! We had a brutal few days of 50s and rain that dropped the inside tempt to the low 60s! Brrr! I hope we don't get any more of that!

Spring has lasted a long time here this year. We were on the 17th hole today and it looked like it was snowing! The white fuzzies were pouring out of the trees, even the ground looked white! I'll be glad when that all settles down just a little!

For someone who's not working out, I am a workout video addict. I pre-ordered Cathe's new series! lol

Any way, hope you two are having a great night!

Hey Chicklets,

It's Tuesday! I am taking a rest day today. Saturday was the Blueberry 5K. I felt great but my time was worst than last year. That seems to be the theme this year. No worries as I have fun. We bought 3 blueberry plants and 2 flats of blueberries. The pints came out to around 1.66/pint so it was a good deal. I froze all of them for later. Sunday was a 7 mile run and yesterday was an upper body workout with more kettlebell carries.

Tricia ~ As long as you are getting exercise, then it's all good. You will have to let us know how the new workouts are. I rarely do dvds anymore since we workout outside all of the time. I still have most of my mine though. I would hate to give them up. I'm glad you are getting some warmer temperatures. I know it's been chilly in Chicago too. We are in our usual summer pattern of 70's/90's. It was very humid during our workout last night but we didn't get rain.

Alisha ~ How was your weekend?

Jane - Glad you still had fun at your race! That's a lot of yummy blueberries! We keep getting these cold spells that drop the temps. We are finally going to get back into the high 70s/low 80s this week. Hope it finally sticks!

Stephen is enjoying 90s in Vietnam! lol He says the people there are telling him they are having a heat wave! lol

I've not really spoken to him. We send messages back and forth every 12 hours as it is exactly 12 hours difference. No real conversations; just messages. I don't like that. I wish he had gotten an international plan for his phone before he left. Not that that would be helpful as my automatic payment didn't go through and my services are off. Darn T-Mobile! They've done this before. Stephen's the only one who knows how to find the place on their website to fix it. It is NOT user friendly at all! I left him a message. I just hope he has internet service somewhere so he can get me fixed! Amazing how dependent I am on my cell phone!

Hi Alisha! Hope you are doing well!

TGIF!!

I ran on 4 miles on Wednesday. It started raining when we had a mile and 1/2 left. It was nice for a while but then it just got sloppy. At least it was not storming just a good rain. When we got home we saw a double rainbow it was so pretty. Yesterday was a jump rope, ball slam, press and sit up workout. It was raining again but we were under the carport. Tonight is a rest day.

I'm glad Stephen is enjoying Vietnam. It must be hard to have him so faraway and not to be able to talk to him. Messages have their place but it's nice to hear someone's voice when they are gone for a while. When does he get home?

Hi Alisha. I hope all is well with you.

Hi Jane!

Glad you're having some good workouts, rain or shine!

Stephen will be back late Tuesday night. Yay! I have yet to get my phone up and running. Apparently, I need some secret 4-digit PIN to pay my bill at the store. Go figure! It'll have to wait until he gets back.

My neck flared up overnight Tuesday. I woke up Wednesday morning hardly able to get out of bed. I was out of work for 2 days. I walked in to my PT's office and was lucky that they were able to see me right away. I went to massage on Thursday - an already scheduled appointment, thank goodness! - and I had another PT treatment last night after work. I was told not to golf this weekend, which was depressing because I was scheduled to play in a tournament tomorrow. I had to let my girls know I was out. Bummer because I haven't touched my clubs since Sunday (we had rain on Monday and Tuesday) and I paid $50 to play in it! I hate that the one thing I have that makes me happy has been taken away from me for even a week! I have another tournament on Thursday that I"m playing in come hell or high water because that one is at a really nice country club and the buy in was $700 for the team. One of my regular golf partners' husband paid for the foursome, which was really nice! I'm hoping if I take it easy until then, I'll be okay to play.

I'm already feeling a lot better today. I'm still in pain even with my pain meds, but it's a ton better and I can get up and down without pain now. Fingers crossed that I can make enough progress to play on Thursday!

Oh! We are finally having nice, warm temperatures! Yay!

With all this sitting around, I've been drinking some great new wines! lol

Hi Alisha! Hope all is well with you!

Tricia ~ How are you feeling? I hope the pain has subsided and you will be able to play in your tournament.

Alisha ~ I hope all is well with you.

I have been working out as usual. It is really hot now and with very little rain. We are in the high 90's and near 100. We will go running tonight but will take it easy. I have a race on Saturday morning. It's not my favorite (heat, humidity, hills) but I've been doing it since 2008 so I might as well keep the streak going. It is only 20 minutes from home.

Not much else is going on. Still counting down to my vacation in late August.

Everything's fine. I just been busy. I did 2 miles on Monday. But I took yesterday as a rest day.

Tricia I'm sorry that your neck is better than you couldn't play golf.

Jane I hope your race on Saturday was fun. It's not quite as hot here. We've been in the 90s and of course it's dry.

The race was nice yesterday. My sister and I ran it together. It was not a great time but it was SO HOT so it was nice to take it easy. I ran up the big hills though and only walked once on the big hill at the end.

This morning was an early 8 mile run.

Tricia - Hope you are feeling better.

Alisha ~ Hope you are having a great weekend!

Oh it's been a while since I checked in. I haven't been working out a whole lot because I'm waiting for my next PT appointment this morning.

Tricia I hope you're doing well.

Jane I'm sorry that your race was so super hot.

Physical therapy was hard, but I have been cut loose. He says I don't have to come back unless I want to!!! Yeah! And my neck hasn't looked this good since I before the accident when I was 11 years old! OMG! I always had a hump at my neck, I thought I was just fat, but nope, my neck was protruding forward. Wow, what a difference a day makes. This spring/summer has been about major healing. First, I found something to treat my cellulitis infection, now my chiropractor has fixed my neck. Its a new sensation: not being in pain. My neck is straight. I'm taller!!

:D:cool:

Alisha - I'm so HAPPY for you!! I'm glad you are without pain and your neck looks better! YIPPEE!!!

I have been working out and eating pretty good. Yesterday my sister and I did a trail race in Florida. It was beautiful and the weather wasn't bad. It rained while we were at the starting line but cleared up before we started. It wasn't humid and we were shaded so that was nice. My time was better than last week and better than last year.

This morning will be a fun workout with my sister. Here it is:

1/2 mile run
50 squats
1/2 mile run
25 lateral jumps
25 jump squats
1/2 mile run
25 pullover sit ups
25 Russian twists (25 each side)
1/2 mile run
50 front kicks (25 each leg)

I will be doing a different version of this on the 4th of July with my other sis!

I have been up since 5:30 am as my sister left the house early to go to her convention in Orlando. I am going to mom's today and wanted to get some stuff done so I don't have to do it tonight when I get home.

Both of my sisters will be on trips this week so I am the lone "sock monkey" and will have to put on and take off mom's compression sock Monday - Thursday. Looking forward to the 3 day weekend coming up.

Hi Tricia!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.