June 2015 TTC/Fit Mommas Check-in

Hi Lisa,
Oh yucky, so sorry to hear that DD is still sick. Poor thing! Hope she's feeling better in a jiffy.

Wowowow and ow! Great work on GS CT! I think it's in keeping with your 'rotation'... you'll have AT LEAST one UB workout this week. :) Amazing job on all those pushups and the killer chest work. 17.5s and 15s rock! That workout just does not let up.

FWIW, when you get to it, the Live Barbell workout is super duper fun! Definitely one to try.

Lisa, I am going to have the worst DOMS of the year tomorrow. I did squats today:
Squat 3x3 160, 155, 155
1x8 135
a) Reverse Lunges 5x8 (see below for commentary, LOL)
b) Leg lifts on power tower 5x8

So! Those reverse lunges have been hurting the sole of my right foot -- don't know if it's the fascia, ligaments, or what. But it's not so fun. So I did one set of RLs at 75#, then two (2!) sets of pistol squats (alternating legs), then one set of static lunges with a 2-2 count, and a final set of pistols (but this last set wasn't as pretty as the first two). Can I say, OUCH? The pistols felt good while they were happening, but after my workout I was like... can I walk upstairs??

Oh, before the walking-upstairs incident, I tacked on a LWF2 workout -- I think it's called 'All Rung Out' -- bodyweight ladder. Killer. I did band-assisted pullups and chinups because it just would have taken forever to get through the workout otherwise, and I wanted to keep things moving to get some cardio in. Loved it! Simple but killer!

Not sure what I'll do tomorrow -- maybe I'll go right to bench press, since I won't be able to do leg cardio (I assume) and it's supposed to be raining all day.
Sending lots of healing thoughts to your DD1 and hopes for rest for you all!
Hugs, Roz

Hi Lisa,
Oh yucky, so sorry to hear that DD is still sick. Poor thing! Hope she's feeling better in a jiffy.

Wowowow and ow! Great work on GS CT! I think it's in keeping with your 'rotation'... you'll have AT LEAST one UB workout this week. :) Amazing job on all those pushups and the killer chest work. 17.5s and 15s rock! That workout just does not let up.

FWIW, when you get to it, the Live Barbell workout is super duper fun! Definitely one to try.

Lisa, I am going to have the worst DOMS of the year tomorrow. I did squats today:
Squat 3x3 160, 155, 155
1x8 135
a) Reverse Lunges 5x8 (see below for commentary, LOL)
b) Leg lifts on power tower 5x8

So! Those reverse lunges have been hurting the sole of my right foot -- don't know if it's the fascia, ligaments, or what. But it's not so fun. So I did one set of RLs at 75#, then two (2!) sets of pistol squats (alternating legs), then one set of static lunges with a 2-2 count, and a final set of pistols (but this last set wasn't as pretty as the first two). Can I say, OUCH? The pistols felt good while they were happening, but after my workout I was like... can I walk upstairs??

Oh, before the walking-upstairs incident, I tacked on a LWF2 workout -- I think it's called 'All Rung Out' -- bodyweight ladder. Killer. I did band-assisted pullups and chinups because it just would have taken forever to get through the workout otherwise, and I wanted to keep things moving to get some cardio in. Loved it! Simple but killer!

Not sure what I'll do tomorrow -- maybe I'll go right to bench press, since I won't be able to do leg cardio (I assume) and it's supposed to be raining all day.
Sending lots of healing thoughts to your DD1 and hopes for rest for you all!
Hugs, Roz

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.