June 10 Check in Weekend 12th/13th*******

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies..

Getting our thread going today...Not sure who is around. I know alot of us are out of town. But, if you are around...
042.gif

Today, my workout will be Imax 3....Not too much going on around here. It looks beautiful outside and it is suppose to be hot...Today is my sister's birthday. So, gotta get on the phone later a wish her a happy birthday..

Ok, I will talk to you all later if your around...

fam24.gif

Hi Kathy!

Hi all!

I'm back! Not sure in one piece, but we got home late last night, after 11pm! this was after getting up at the crack of dawn, touring Mt. Vernon, AND the Smithsonians (some of them), and a 8.5 hour bus drive home!!

The trip was amazing, but a whirlwind. Physcially, we were NONstop, from before 6am, until after 1am. We all got IN around 9-10pm, but then the chaperones had to do bed checks, medications, and then we had a "meeting" about the day, and had "adult beverages"!. yes, our meeting was in the bar. Fun group of people, I was quite amused by them all , and had barely, if ever, met them before.

I'm exhausted!

I have not a clue what I'm going to be doing for workouts. Probably just "whatever" today and tomorrow. (I'm off from work). And then Monday starting up with a rotation of some sorts.

I did get to read a few of the threads this week on my itouch.

Hottie
: Have a safe trip. Hope it's not as exhausting as it sounds.

Beth:
Same goes to you!! From what I gathered, you and your boys are going to see your mom? For a week? anyways, my heart and prayers are with you all. ((hugs))

Joanne: Congrats to you and your Blackhawks!!!! I totally get the post win hysteria. It was like that when the Red Sox won the world series a few years ago. Pandemoneum!! Been watching the Celtics all week this week too. exciting!!!

Kathy: Sounds like a great day today! enjoy IM3 AND the beautiful day!! We had AWESOME weather in DC, but I guess it's been raining in MA all week. And it's cloudy and crappy today as well. Blech!

I feel so hungover! back to the grind. Zach is supposed to have all his papers delivered by 11am , and it's now 10:45, and he's not even dressed. I'm so annoyed!!

will BBL!

Hey Kathy!!

Is it just you and me this weekend? :eek:

We'll keep this going!!!

So I figured I'd do a circuit today, 2 circuits, 4 days off, this week. Though the walking in DC was killer! esp in Arlington Cemetary. The up and down hills and stairs was intense at times. Plus it was HOT out!. So I got SOMETHING.

anyways, I did LIC, minus the abs. Didn't have time today. I'll probably do abs tomorrow. LIC is a fun one, the weight work keeps the cardio going, though, doesn't it? Seems like my HR never dropped down.

Alex has a friend sleeping over, I'm making spaghetti, sausage and meatballs! Better get back to it!

Kathy, Thanks for the welcome back ! I've been feeling so out of it today. I went to bed around 12:30 last night, and stayed in bed until ALMOST 8AM! That is the latest I've stayed in bed in a very long time! But my whole day has been kind of "behind". Plus I feel lazy. Amazing that I got LIC done!

If you have FB, I posted DC pics there. None of me. No one to take my picture! LOL!

Hey you guys!! I'm here -- at my mom's -- had internet issues and busy-ness yesterday. Chris, welcome back! Sounds like a fantastic trip! I have heard it's crazy non-stop on that trip, but of course the people I knew had a flight, not a super long bus ride to boot!! You must be exhausted -- it's sure a good thing you aren't working this weekend!! Good to know you had some fun with the adults on the trip -- that can make or break an event, can't it? I'll bet you got plenty of good exercise walking around and just moving around for so many hours each day. I wouldn't sweat it -- pun intended!! ;)

Joanne, it was fun to hear about going to work the other morning with all the fans out in their jerseys. How fun!!

My mom looks much better than I had feared she might. Her spirits are good, too. She's a trooper. Larry, being the Larry that he is, right away got the low down from first a doctor and then a nurse. (He knows the nurses are the ones who really know the scoop, Chris! :)) The dr. he talked to was not an oncologist, and he gave Larry some wisdom that Larry thought made a lot of sense.... he said oncologists have to be optomists or they wouldn't have any business.... no one would take treatment. So, that helped us with some perspective. The nurse, Chris, reminded me of you in some way -- I guess her eyes and the way she talked to us -- sensitive, but with some humor too -- anyway, we talked to her quite a while -- she was so nice -- and I just wanted to hug her at the end, because I felt some connection with you.

I can give anyone any more details, if you're interested, but not sure you are. And it's ok if you're not! I understand.

I brought a few workouts with me, so yesterday I did the new Tracie Long that is sort of yoga -- called Reach Further -- I liked it, though it's not getting great reviews. I think people thought it was a "stretch" and it's more of a workout (though only 30 minutes). Today I started doing a bodyrock that's really cool, but Larry woke up and wanted me to walk to Starbuck's with him, so I only got through about 10 minutes of it. That's fine..... I knew it would be a light week and I'm ok with that.

Larry and the boys are flying home tonight. The drive down was fine until Santa Barbara, and then completely miserable. What should have taken about an hour took 2-1/2, so I decided they should fly home, and hopefully it won't be so bad for me driving home sometime in the week and earlier in the morning.

Have a nice Sunday! Waves to Hottie. Did you get to NJ? Cryptic messages on fb.....

Happy Sunday morning! Yes , I *LIKE* Sunday today!

I guess it is just you and me , Kathy! I miss all of you, since I didn't get to "talk" with you this past week either. :(

Alex had a friend sleepover last night, so my morning has been taken up with making them breakfast (pancakes) and cleaning up. I'm pooped! I'm thinking I may do a cardio today, maybe an oldie step workout from Cathe. I'm also debating on whether I just want to hang home all day, and do "nothing" or bring the boys out to see The Karate Kid at the movies.

The boys have been quite crazy with Alex's friend here. Annoyingly so. In fact, I'm embarassed at their behavior most of the time. Even the boy, who has a sister and older brother, keeps saying "Shhhh... be quiet". LOL!

Another rainy day here. I guess it's been raining all week here. I'm so happy we had NICE weather in DC!!

BBL!!!!

Whatdayaknow? Me and Beth are drinking again! LOL!

17.gif

I'm glad your mom looks and feels better than you thought, Beth. I love that Larry got right in there to find out details. I'm not like that in most respects. I usually just wait to have someone come talk to me. I admire that in a person!. And you're right, nurses usually know way more than the doctors!! You're a smart cookie!. You know I want to hear details, if you feel like detailing. Email or FB me if you want, ok?

Your mom must be so happy to see you and your boys!! And they , her!.

I think the bus ride on the DC trip was the most relaxing time of the entire trip! We got to watch movies, doze off in naps, and eat snacks! Although we went over the GIGANTIC George Washington bridge (double decker) in NYC, and it scared the bejeesus out of me. Bus drivers are quite aggressive drivers!! :eek:

Good attitude on the workouts, Beth. Just do what you can , when you can. So you're staying all week there? When do you come back? You're driving back by yourself? I hate traffic. The traffic in DC was horrendous, as you can well imagine. Bumper to bumper on highways EVERY morning! I could never do that on a regular basis, ever.

Ladies....

Good to see you talking here. I thought it would be quite quiet around here.

We just got back from church. I took Lauren to the track this morning and we walked 2miles. (I did a little more 21/2 miles. Lauren was walking a little slower then me) It felt good to get going that early...Later, we are going to do a little grilling. I am marinating some steaks. Then, while the grill is going, we are going to cook some chicken and burgers for dinner during the week...

Chris: The traffic is really horrible around here. It takes FOREVER to get anywhere around here during peak hours..I bet you got more of a workout then you think walking around DC. Everytime we take the day and go to DC, I am worn out when we get home...Glad you got to come and enjoy the sites. Good for you doing LIC yesterday. I probably would have skipped after that little sleep..Hi 5 to you!!!

Beth: Glad you made it to your mom's place. I am glad to hear that she looks better then you thought. That must make you feel a little better. Prayers out to you!! Way to go working out at your moms with everything you got going on...

OK, talk to you all later...

I totally skipped my workout today. My right thigh/hip is sore. I got a big pain just standing on it putting my sock on. Plus I feel so tired/fatigued.

I'll start full force tomorrow on workouts AND eating. We're going to go to the movies this afternoon to see Karate Kid. And probably pick up pizza after, if we're still hungry. B.A.D., but it will be nice to chillax for the day.

I'm thinking of maybe doing something with Gym Style and Shock Cardio, until Turbo Fire comes in. I can not wait for Turbo Fire!!

I've already starting eating Tootsie Rolls. It's funny, I went to the grocery store for movie "snacks" and I had about 4 boxes of candy. The bagger says, "Do you even want these in a bag?" :eek: I'm thinking, "What does he think? I'm going to start gnoshing on them all by myself in the car?".

Kathy: Sounds like a nice day and a nice walk!!! the weather is gorgeous there still? Wish I could have taken the weather with me. How far are you from DC, then? I would love to go back and spend a day each in the Smithsonian museums. Unreal how much is in them!!!! I was in 2 of them (American History and Natural History) for about 2 hours each, and saw maybe 1/4 of the entire things!!! Saw the Ruby Slippers from Wizard of Oz (My most favorite ever movie!!), and was quite disappointed! They were UGLY, and looked PURPLE and DULL. I was actually kind of disappointed with the size of the White House too. It is beautiful and all, but seeing the other buildings first, it kind of looked SMALL in comparison!!

going to go lay down before the movie. I'm so exhausted!!

Hey Chris: We are really close. About 30 miles. We hit 66 and get on the metro. Takes about 45minutes or so to do it that way. But, it is better to do it like that then to try to park in DC. That is a nightmare!! I have been in those 2 museums many times. The kids favs. Yeah, The White House isn't as big as you would think. We are hoping that we will get tickets to tour it soon. We have a friend who works there. His office is across the hall from Michelle Obama's office. He said he sees her all the time.. Hope you enjoy the movie. Will Smith's boy is in that one. He seems to be quite the actor! The weather is still nice and hot. We have been having quick showers here and there. But, super hot in the 90s this weekend. Probably a good idea to rest today. You have been on the go enough the past few days...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.