June 10 Check in Thursday 17th**********

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Just getting us started for today..I am getting ready to head out with the kids to walk. Today is scheduled to be rest. But, I will probably do Sunday's workout of a run..However, I will do a video and walk...

The dentist went good yesterday. I was so numb I didn't feel a thing. I got the left side deep cleaned and I had a filing done on that side while I was already numb...I got home and did SJP and my chest was still sooo sore from MIS..It was really tough doing the arm parts of the cardio..I am feeling better today with the soreness. Boy sometimes those DOMS are horrible!!!

Ok, I will be back after the walk to chat....Talk to you then!

Good morning! I'm guessing Chris and I will post at the same time. :)

Kathy, I'm glad to hear the dentist wasn't so bad..... and I'm very impressed with you doing SJP after all that! There's no way I would have!!

Joanne, yeah, huge pants -- awesome. It is funny. I can't remember.... did you end up ordering those Trainer Bobs? I guess they are shipping. Yes, I did. :eek:

Hottie, welcome back.... must be nice to be home, eh?

Chris, I cannot believe your kids are still in school! Crazy! Is today the last day? I can't keep anything straight.

Yesterday was a crazy day..... some up some down, very busy. My mom got transferred to a transitional care place. It's really depressing there! It's like they took an old office building and put hospital beds in the offices. It's very crowded, hard to be a visitor, and harder to be a patient, I'm afraid. Last night my sister told me the last time she left that place she did so against medical advice.... I had no idea! No wonder she spiraled so badly once she got home! I know she hates being there, but I hope she learned her lesson. I'm feeling so hugely guilty this morning because she wanted to go to a nicer place, but they don't provide transportation to radiation, which is a daily thing. Well, she needs an ambulance at this point, and it's like $700 or so a trip (don't know if that's one way or not) that we would have to pay for out of pocket. I'm feeling like I should have told her we'd pay for it, even though that's just crazy. But sheesh, I hate to think about how depressed and discouraged she is at this place. I think I'm going to drive home tomorrow so I have lots to get done today. Feeling guilty about leaving her, too, but I've got to get home. I miss my family so much and it turns out Larry has a staff infection so I'm really worried about him too. Never a dull moment!!

Ok, something lighter and more fun...... this morning I did the drills and squats of Tonique 1, then Jillian's Yoga Meltdown 1. Her yoga is really tough! I was breathing hard. Anyway, it was a great combo! I may never do a complete tonique again. :)

You Chalean fans must be so excited about TurboFire. Are you ordering right away, or going to wait for reviews? I'm not sure I'll even get it, but I'm definitely going to wait and see what people have to say about it.

Off to the races.... have a good one!

I don't know why, but I've been so crazy busy these last few days of school. uGh. would be nice to relax. Not happening...

Today I'm taking Greg clothes shopping. Should be fun! (NOT!). LOL!

I'm sure I'll find something for myself, so maybe it won't be so bad.

I found $40 worth of Old Navy coupons. Not too shabby. Hottie, you'd be proud!

I'm going to look at Target for the Bob workouts. That's what I decided to do, since it would be cheaper getting them there. They looked pretty cool. Though I might wait, too, since I did order Turbo Fire!! :eek: I think I'm going to be rudely awakened when I start getting in bills lately. Money has been flying out the window lately.

Kathy: Glad the dentist went well!!! SJP with DOMS AND after dentist! OOOh my! You are my hero!

Beth: Last day of school is MONDAY (1/2 day). It's our snow days that got us this far into June. usually we'd be out by now.. Oh my. The place your mom in sounds so hard to deal with. Maybe you and your family could make it nicer. Bring stuff from home, bring her food from home. How sad she left early last time against medical advice :(. I know the radiation will help her feel better, though. So she needs to do it, for her. .. I can only imagine you missing your familly! ON the second day in DC, on the dinner cruise, I called Greg from the deck of the boat, in TEARS, because I was so homesick for them. I really wanted them with me. I was so sad. So i can imagine how you feel. Where does Larry have a staph infection ? from a cut? ..... I bet Tonique is harder for you because your body is under stress too. Just do what you can and what makes you feel good!

Speaking of, I did Turbo Kick Round 31, the one with the Sprinkler move :). Love that, but holy COW, I was literally DRIPPING when I was done with it. I did Seg #1 of Stretch Max after, and cooled off nice.

gotta go, Greg is out of the shower.....

BBL!

Oh, the snow days!! That's right! Ug! It was crazy busy for us the last week of school, too.

The staph infection (great spelling on my part, eh?) is well.... he pulled a tick out the other night and the next morning figured he had lyme's disease because of the rash, so he went to his dr. and they said "yikes, that's not lyme disease, you have a staph infection!" So, I guess it was from the tick? I kind of wondered if it had anything to do with him having been walking around a hospital last weekend, but probably not. I guess it's under control, but of course I still worry. Last night I couldn't get to sleep and got it in my head that our house was going to burn up with all of them in it. So irrational!!!

I don't think there's much fixing to be done at that place.... it's so crowded! Though food from home is a good idea. She's not eating much.

Good luck with the shopping! Try to have fun together......

Good morning! I caught up last night though I'm not experience any DOMS in my back or triceps which is awesome and weird. I did MMA Boxing this morning (around 610a so not quite the 545 start I wanted)...it was pretty good. I definitely like MMA Boxing more than MMA KB. But I'll be honest, I hope next month there's less MMA. I feel like I'm always doing MMA stuff for my cardio and I just love step so repeating Step Moves or Athletic Step would have made me happier. That said, I don't always have the energy for them. I tried a different detour that my labmate suggested which was fine until the final left turn into campus which took me ten minutes waiting in the car. I'm going to take a walk today to figure out where exactly Expo is blocked off because if there is an entrance on the east side of campus it might be easier to navigate there. we're leaving early again today but to avoid the lakers game as opposed to being totally exhausted like we were yesterday.Honestly, GO CELTICS and why they couldn't have ended the series on Tuesday infuriates me.

Ok then!

Kathy -- so you just have the right side left? I never understood exactly why I couldn't have all quadrants deep cleaned at the same time as the anesthesia always wears off on me quickly. Enjoy that walk!

Beth -- oh that sucks about the transitional care place! There aren't any outside services to transport her cheaper than $700? Ugh, ugh! And what's up with Larry getting a staph infection? Silly, careless boy! At least your kids aren't infected...oh I wish I could have driven out to see how you were doing but I'm not going to have any time until Saturday as I'm playing catch up. I'm even trying to get all my tutoring session done in the week so we have one weekend to breathe (and maybe have fun!).

Chris -- I AM proud of you for saving money. Joe says the most rewarding job I could ever have next to teaching (for me) would be being a personal shopper where I saved people money. I get off on it. I also compete with my father. So its funner than for most I guess. You know, you talking about Greg can't make me think about Joe. So, he really "missed" me while I was gone. I cleaned the house before I left but he took care of so many random projects I'd been asking him for a while now and the house being so clean made it easier to focus on work yesterday. And he got me these balloons to "welcome back" including one that when you hit it plays the song "you're the one" which is a little weird but cute...and he's making these strides because I guess he decided since his fiasco at our anniversary he wanted to work on us but in the meantime, I've just been so bleh. Like, I didn't miss him that much, I've been so bleh about it. And then hearing you talk about how much you missed Greg, I dunno... I guess I sorta feel bad. Ohhh...that's what therapy is for I guess. It's been a stressful month so I probably shouldn't think too much about it.

Hey joanne! What up?

Hi ladies!!

Kathy, there's no way I would have done SJP after a procedure at the dentist! Glad to hear it went smoothly (the dentist).

Beth, I actually didn't order the Trainer Bob DVDs. Surprise, right?! People seemed to be having troubles ordering and I never took the time to figure it out. I figured if the reviews are good, I can get them at Target. There's one about five minutes from my house. Oh, I feel for you with your mom's situation. I hope this doesn't make it worse - buy my dad was in a place that like. Not the last time - he died in hospice at the hospital. But he was in one before a couple times. It was exactly like you described - an office building with hospital beds. He hated it there, but my mom couldn't care for him at that point the condition he was in. He did finally come home when my mom hired a caretaker. Why can't they make those places more inviting? And, some of the staff acted like you were bothering them and they'd rather be anywhere else. Well, guess what? So would the patients! Don't feel bad - there's no way you could pay for an ambulance every time. The sad part is they actually charge that much. Absolutely ridiculous. I'm sure she understands you need to get home and take care of your family, too. Keeping you all in my thoughts.

Chris, yea!!! I ordered Turbo Fire, too!! Very excited. Wonder how long before we get it? The only thing that I'm thinking about is I only saw one short sculpt workout in the set. Seems like a ton of cardio with little weights. I really miss my family if I'm away. I mean, I admit, at first I enjoy the alone time, but then you start thinking about how fun it would be to have them with you or how they would like something you are doing. Turbo Kick is always fun! Have you done the other workout? I can't remember how it is. Hope you are having fun shopping - and buying stuff for yourself! ;) I decided to go out on my lunch and shop for something for myself. Well, dressing rooms are horrid. Nothing fit me and I just looked so fat! Ugh!! All I bought was a pair of shoes, one shirt and a pair of shorts that I didn't even try on. I got them home and they are tight. :( Oh, tried on a bathing suit. Ick. 'Nuff said. Needless to say, didn't buy it.

Hottie, you are doing so good with the STS rotation. I would think you could sub a step workout for an MMA. Since they are both cardio. At least there's only one more Lakers game, right? It's so funny that you are rooting for the Celtics! I'd like to see the Celtics win. Awww, sounds like Joe is really trying. I know it's hard to forget the other stuff too. I've kind of been there. Sometimes so much has gone on or been said that it takes a long time before it doesn't matter or before you can get it out of your head. Maybe you are kind of subconsciously not feeling the same cause you don't want to get hurt? Maybe putting up a barrier? Not really a barrier, but maybe more not letting your guard down? I don't know if I making any sense! Or, if I'm sounding like a therapist!

I did another Rockin Body workout this morning - House your Body. Wow, another fun one. I was having a good ole' time dancing away! Chris, I think you would really like these workouts. I also did BBL High & Tight (after seeing myself in a bathing suit yesterday I had to!).

Must get back to work...

Joanne

Hey Girls.

I'm so tired. Again. With a little headache. I'm really not happy with feeling this way. I laid on the couch after doing laundry, and fell asleep a little, and woke up hungry, and ate Peanut Butter out of the jar. *sigh* . I do not know what is wrong with me lately!

But anyhow...

We got "daddy" his new summer wardrobe (LOL), I did buy something for myself, a $5 Old Navy Flag tank top. woo hoo! :eek: Oh, and I had $50 in old navy coupons!!! THAT was pretty sweet! (I thought of you at the check out, Hottie!)

Beth: That is weird on the staph infection. I would think it was from the "dirty" hospital too. Hospitals are rampant with bugs! *shudder*. .... Maybe even a lamp from home, Beth. Food is always good. Chicken soup!. Wish I could help you and your mom. :(

Hottie: It's probably too early to feel DOMS. I was pissed at DOMS today. My lower end was stiffening up, and I'd get out of the car and moan and groan and walk like I had a load in my pants :eek: YOU are AWESOME for catching up with STS!! I'm SOOOOO proud of you AND in AWE you did all that!!!!!!. .... YES, GO CELTICS!!!!!! I so want them to win. I probably can't watch the game. It makes me too nervous! LOL!. .... Oh, I don't always miss my husband. LOL!. In fact, I was kind of wishing I was in DC today. ;) Don't feel bad for having those feelings. ...

Oh crap , gotta go...supper is ready

BBL,

Joanne -- oh I hate the Lakers. The town riots when WE WIN. And if they win, they're going to have a freaking parade. And my exit is going to be closed until Friday of next week so I don't really want to deal with the nightmare of getting into lab. Besides, I can't stand Kobe. I think its a defense mechanism too and I'm just really tired of the whole experience. I really wanna finish these dang PhD and I need to be mentally on top because the science gods like to screw with my experiments and you just can't troubleshoot or do elegant experiments when your mind is full of this stuff. And i cajoled my boss into paying me next term when he isn't paying for any of the other students so I really feel like I need to step up so maybe I'm just closing off most emotions to get through the next couple months.

Oh, I hope i salvaged thsi one experiment. It was acting funny all day...but its almost time to go home...

Chris -- WOOT CELTICS! Enjoy watching the game if you don't crap from nervousness. ;) sorry, i'm in vulgar mood today...

Last edited:
Back!

to finish my posting!

Joanne: It's funny, I put in my order for Cathe stuff today (finally using my$100 GC!) and I got a notice it was shipped THIS AFTERNOON! Wow. I do not think beachbody is that on the ball! ... Actually, I was looking at the workouts for Turbo Fire, and , are some of them REALLY short? Like 15 minutes? and a 20 minute one? Fine for add-ons, but not for entire workouts. I guess we'll see... Oh, what is this "Rockin Body" you speak of? Who does it? ... I abhor dressing rooms, and even more, swim suits. My legs are so fugly (varicose veins), I even hate shorts. I wish I could wear a total body wet suit to the beach. Seriously. .... I get most excited about cute tops, since I actually have some nicely defined arms. :). Ah! High and Tight...LOVE that workout!! I need to do some BBL next week! I think I may do Cardo Axe on Saturday...

Hottie: It's actually kind of good that you can shut down your mind to concentrate on lab stuff. As long as Joe understands that (does he?). I'm way too distracted, usually. I get work amnesia about day #2 off from that place..... Oh, it must be a traffic nightmare there. I don't know how you do it. DC was CONSTANT bumper to bumper. I was so glad I was in a bus, I really was! (Hey, any chance you could bus it?)

Chris -- WOOT CELTICS! Enjoy watching the game if you don't crap from nervousness. ;) sorry, i'm in vulgar mood today...

So you must have enjoyed my comment about walking with a load in my pants? LOL!!! I like vulgar!! Hey, I live in a house of farting, burping, pooping boys!

Chris -- my mom says that maybe I shoulda been a boy because I like to talk about poo so much. except i don't use the word poo. and yes, I like all poo jokes most of the time. i shoulda been a boy...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.