July 10 Check in Monday 12th**********

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Today is Muscle Max for me and I need to take Chris to an Allergy appointment this afternoon. We are going to hopefully find out why he coughs all the time from a tickle in his throat..

Anyway, Be back later..

ugh I'm running late and Joe ain't helping. Trying to shove a healthy breakfast in my mouth and get him up before I do HiiT: DW. Have fun with MM -- I hope you find the cause for Chris' cough!

Good morning, and happy Monday, I guess. It's been really hard to keep track of what day it is lately!!

Hottie, sorry you had a miserable day yesterday! Yes, I'm afraid of meso 3, jumping right in anyway, but not plyo legs.... I pull them out occasionally and in fact, almost did one day last week. I think I ended up doing tonique instead because I wanted the cardio effect without the impact.

Kathy, it's so funny you went to Target yesterday.... I was there in the morning and saw a few families who looked like they were coming from church, and I thought about you doing the same, for some reason!!

Hottie, what is that hiit you are doing? DW?!

I did Bob's workouts this morning -- both of them. That was really tough! On the first one he just jumps in without a good warmup -- made it really hard. I thought I had done it after another workout once before, but I looked to see what I combined it with and couldn't find record of it, so maybe I'd never done that first one! I skipped the last round of some things because it was weight work again, and some exercises a repeat of yesterday. Still a darn hard workout!

Chris, how was work? Prince around? Joanne, are you lonely?!

Well, today is a day of getting ready to go to my mom's. I drop Travis at a birthday party this afternoon, hit work for a few hours and then pick up Larry and Dylan at the airport. Seems like Larry and I are ships in the night..... I miss him! I have no idea if I'm going to be able to work out at my mom's -- I think it's going to be very tough, since my normal workout time will be when I'm helping her get going in the morning, then I'm on kid duty, and then in the evening I'm back on mom duty. So, it may be a "lazy" week. I'm very nervous about taking care of my mom, I've got to say! I think it's going to be a hard week.

Have a good one!

Hi ladies!! Weird weekend. DH and the kids didn't leave until Sunday. They spent all day Saturday packing and making sure all their stuff was in working order. I went to my friends' sons graduation party and took Caitlyn with me. It was a pig roast. At first Caitlyn didn't want to go but by the end I had to drag her out of there. She hit it off with about five other little girls there and was having a blast. They all left Sunday around 8:00am. I thought I would be fine about it, but I was in tears. ;( Just weird knowing they will be so far away. I waited till they left till I did my workout and Chalene cheered me up. Then I enjoyed the quiet ;) and caught up with my DVR. They haven't called, but the cell phone reception isn't too good where they are, at least it wasn't last year. But I see from our online checking account that they took money out at their destination so I know they got there safe!

I'm finishing off the first month of Turbo Fire this week. Today was Turbo Fire 45. That might be my favorite! Love the Tina Turner song!

Beth, how is Larry's mom? Hope the hip isn't broken. Great job on the 5K! Don't worry about the time - you did great. You hardly ever run and that's a great time. I was really lazy yesterday too. Today I need to start getting stuff together for the cottage since I have to work the rest of the week.

Chris, yes, tell us the story! And, happy Monday!!

Hottie, so sorry to hear about the conflicts with you and Joe this weekend. It seemed like you guys were doing well lately. Hope both your and Evee's tummies are better today.

Yes, I think we should try the google group. I know Chris has my email. Hottie, if you don't have it, let me know and I'll send it to you. I don't belong to any google groups now, do you have to do anything on google before you can join a group? If we like it, then we can use that instead of this. Sometimes I wonder who reads this! Although I have to warn you all, you think I babble now, just wait till I know no one else will read it! ;)

I have my yearly exam later today. Oh yea. Can't wait. But, ya gotta do it, right?

BBL...

Joanne

Hi ladies...

Getting ready to head to the allergist...Finished with Muscle Max and I walked this morning while the kids did the bike ride thing...Good stuff!!!

Hottie: Hope you weren't late. Thanks, I hope we find out what is causing that cough too. He is not looking forward to going. Last time we went to the allgerist, he had the prick test to see if he had allergies. None then. Maybe now!!

Beth: Have a safe trip to your mom's place...Hope everything goes well with her....Glad you were thinking of me. I am always at Target...

Joanne: Glad the family made it to the camping destination. I would be worried if Vic didn't call. of course, he calls like every 5 minutes it seems...He likes to check in. Enjoy your quiet this week. It will go by fast!! Great job finishing your TF month. How many months is the rotation?

Ok, not sure if I have everyone's email or not...Mine is different I think. Chris, if you have the one with verizon in the address that is correct...let me know..

Be back after the allergy appointment...

just a quickie for now. yep, Joe put me behind schedule for about 20-30 mins. But I got HiiT:DW done but I gotta jump in the shower and get to work. I'll make the google group today. How about the group: "The Neverending Quest to be FIT and HOT"? I like funny ones...

Hi Girls!

Up earlier today. Noisy boys. And after I woke up at 12:30, I tried but couldn't really go back to sleep. Hope this doesn't backfire on me.

Kathy: Good workout today! Hope you get some answers from the allergist. It's got to be very frustrating for Chris to have those symptoms. I don't have your verizon email, so PM me with it , and I'll send out all our emails. k? Whatever you guys want to do, either google or group email is fine with me.

I'd actually like to see Joanne a little "chattier". LOL!!!

But I know what you mean, Joanne. I sometimes wonder "who's watching" too. :confused:

Hottie: What is DW? ... The google group sounds good. Let us know. I'll send out emails. sorry you're running late (hate that feeling) AND that Joe was an idiot this weekend too. And right before bed. Did you guys make things right, yet?

Joanne: I'd be going nuts not knowing if they got to their destination or not! But what can you do, right? the silence must be a bit eerie. I would have cried too. Try to enjoy it! Think of the fighting that you're missing out on!!!!.... Chalene and TF is a good way to distract you too. Is it the FIRE 45 class or the FIRE 45 EZ class? I know the Tina Turner song and that move! it is wicked fun and I so get into it!!! "Rollin'.... rollin'....."

Beth: Wow, those Bob workouts sound intense! And you did 2 of them? You crazy nut you!!! How long are they each?... You and Larry do sound like 2 ships in the night. You guys are so busy with family there. But bless your hearts for taking care of your moms !!! ..If I can help you in ANY way with your mom, let me know. k? I know you'll do fine!!!. Are you there for 1 week or longer?....

I'm about to go down and do HiiT 15 Class and Tone 30. First time for Tone 30, I'll let you know what I think! I'm planning on doing CTX weight work this week with TF.

Oh, "Prince" was the star of the show at work. First off, this guy is such bad news. He is/was a (bad) gang member and did some really shady things. His view of life is very distorted, to say the least. So the story he told this week. He had been in jail for drug trafficking when he had to go in for surgery for the colon cancer. He eventually did go back into jail afterwards. Well, shortly after his return, he gets these horrible stomach pains/issues. He goes back to the hospital and they discover by XRAY he has a chicken bone in his gut. He INSISTS the surgeon who did his bowel surgery/colostomy was EATING CHICKEN during the surgery and dropped the bone in there. He tried to sue, multiple times. :eek: The REAL story is, since chicken bones do no set off metal detecters in jail, they are usually smuggled in to sharpen and use as weapons in jail. So he PUT A CHICKEN BONE INTO his own colostomy for that very reason. And then blamed the doctor for dropping the bone in during surgery. .... I can't even begin to tell you how nasty his colostomy and oozing fistulas (they ooze out poop) are. They smell so nasty. And maybe if he were a different person, I'd have more compassion. But , ewwww. He actually acused the nurse's aide of taking a piece of steak out of his room to eat for herself. The steak had been sitting there for HOURS and there were actually a few flies buzzing around it, and she threw it out. He was certain she ate it and called her a "fat bitch". ... There is so much more! Sorry you asked? :eek:

I better get going to HiiT 15!!! The boys want to take them to the library, they're really getting into the reading/prizes thing. Which makes me happy! How can I say no?

BBL!

Hey guys! Eek, I'm losing time already today. I kept on getting slowed down this morning (Joe, then train, then traffic lights, then evee, then workout, then evee, then gas trip, then stupid drivers, then failed experiment, then shoe argument, the other lab member from another lab and now I'm here!). But I have to do a proper check in.

HiiT: Double Wave Pyramid. Sorry, forgot the P! It was tough! I got really dizzy in the morning too so I kept on delaying it. But sometimes, the workout helps my vertigo. I'm glad I did it but I took a longer break between waves. Geez, going up the first wave is like, yeah, I can do it, and then the rest of it is like, what was I thinking?!?!?!? If there weren't breaks I totally wouldn't be able to do it. Oh and I had a matching outfit to what they wore in the video. It better have burned more calories.

Kathy -- I actually don't like allergists at all. They don't seem to know what they're doing a lot. They do a couple filter tests and if it doesn't work, oh well, take claritin. But hopefully you have better ones than I/Joe does.

Beth -- That's so cute that you miss Larry! will he be able to come down soon to SoCal? It's getting hotter here. I feel bad because I have the thermostat off still and I think its going to get pretty warm today in Pasadena. Evee's allergies have started up too, poor thing. i know it sounds silly but I'm thinking of closing all the windows and having the A/C on so her allergies don't flare up as much! the bob workouts sound pretty good. i wouldn't mind picking them up (on sale) at Target at one point. Oh my shoe argument? Dr. Microwave Lady and I disputed the joy of shoe shopping. Her point is to spend a ton of money on shoes you don't need and my point was to get the biggest bargain on gorgeous things. Hmpf! Maybe when I make what a postdoc makes (which i know is shit) I'll feel differently but while I'm making crappy stipends I'm going to be an olympic level bargain shopper. My tummt is still bugging me so i'm trying to be better about what I shove down my mouth...is you mom doing better? Is she happier to be at home at least? how's the pain in general?

Joanne -- you know the thing with us...like I reached a breaking point a little over a month ago. I was totally ready and prepared to end it because I had enough. But I dunno if he realized that I was being dead serious or if he finally got his priorities in line, but he basically begged me to give it a couple more months now that his meds were working and he had some "epiphany"...but its not going to be perfect right? and when stuff goes bad, it piles on, and honestly, I have the hardest time forgiving lately. I just remember all the hurt and its very hard to control my emotions at that point. So, even when things get better, when I start to remember, it just devolves. I get lonely too and I don't even have kids. I don't even want to dog walkers to take evee to the park when I'm alone because I want her around!

Chris -- oh wow, what an a-hole! I'm still amazed you guys don't give them crap. Seriously, I don't ever try to be mean to secretaries or nurses. They're the ones that work with you the most right? I think you convinced me to stay on the STS path. It'll be nice to do TF after STS is done and I am having a blast so far this month. (probably because they're a lost less MMA for the cardio too!) what people will put into their systems! He should be lucky he's in MA -- I don't think he'd get quality treatment out here with that kinda attitude and background.

So, I set up the google group.

* Group name: Neverending Quest to be FIT and HOT
* Group home page: http://groups.google.com/group/nqtbfah
* Group email address: [email protected]

I added your emails directly. If you do make a google group account I suggest making the username the FULL email address that you would email from and using the same password. I hate saying that but as I've learned from my lab, people forget when they make new passwords and then forget which email address they used and then blame me.

mm...i'm hungry...

Hi again!

Hottie, I love that you had a matching outfit with Cathe! Too cute! Cathe wouldn't be caught dead working out in what I wear! I've only had one experience with an allergist. I'm sure kids' allergists are better, but this one was with my mom. She is deathly allergic to aspirin. It happened out of the blue. Used to take it all the time, but she had a reaction at work several years ago and almost died. Very scary. Well, she needs to be on some type of blood thinner and her card. wanted her to take aspirin. He sent us to an allergist who wanted to desensitize her to it by giving it to her in very small doses and gradually increasing the dose. I guess this is supposed to "cure" the allergy. She was terrified something would happen to her during the test and so was I! So, she declined and the card. prescribed something else to her. No real point to the story - just reminded me of it!

I was able to get into the new google group. I didn't see Kathy there? So, will this be our new "meeting" place. If so, how about we test it today and make sure everyone can get in and start tomorrow? I was able to post on it.

Chris, I did the Fire 45 today. I noticed that the Fires (without the EZ) seem less "frantic". I like the frantic, but I know some don't. I just realized you've been up since 12:45 this afternoon, not a.m.! That makes more sense. Wow, what a crazy patient. Ew - chicken bone in his colostomy. Oh yea, doctors stand over patients in the operating room all the time eating chicken. DH works in a jail. It's amazing the resourcefulness they have in turning all kinds of things into weapons. Yes, no fighting is good! ;)

Kathy, hope the allergist has an answer for Chris. Didn't you go to the doctor a few weeks ago for Chris' cough? That has to be so annoying for him. The TF rotation is actually 20 weeks total, if you include the last two months when it incorporates the advanced dvds.

Beth, we posted at the same time this morning. Cheers! ;) Wow, that sounds like a tough workout. I'll probably get those when they get to Target. Hope everything goes well at your moms. (()) I'll be thinking about you. I'm sure it will be a comfort to have you there.

Oh, speaking of Target, I was there last night and so was my gynecologist. Talk about awkward. I was in line, heard his voice (which is very unique). I didn't say hi or anything cause I don't know if he would recognize me. Oh, there's a joke in there somewhere, but not going to go there! It was just kind of funny! I think I posted about seeing him at the 5K I did a couple months ago. Obviously he must live very close to me!

I've had this window open forever. My mom just stopped by and now it's time to get ready for the doctor.

Have to run....

Joanne

Hey ...

The google group seems ok! So you can respond via email or post on the site? Do you think we should start a new "subject" every day like we've been doing on check in? Or , I dunno! I'll go with what you guys think. Thanks for setting it up, Hottie!

Hottie: Ohhhh! Double Wave Pyramid! I think that's the last HiiT of Cathe's I did. I liked it! (except for the stupid ass mountain climbers that you're supposed to touch your elbows. ick). That's one think I really like about TF's HiiTs. I like ALL the drills. I can push myself ultra hard during them, because I'm not dreading them or concentrating on how hard it is. LOVE that you had a matching outfit on too! I love Cathe and crew's outfits. AND Chalenes. I love workout clothes!... I have a feeling you would NEVER not try to get a bargain, even if you were uber rich. Right? .... Oh "Prince" is just a nasty guy. No manners. gangsta. gross. He's got all the gang tattoos all over him too. .. Oh, and he also has something called c. diff. It is THE worst belly infection to get. (People actually can die from it). It causes MASSIVE STINKY diarrhea. So picture him and his 4 or 5 belly holes spewing out massive stinky diarrhea. It's so bad, you guys! (And ya, makes that leftover steak marinating in his smell so much more appealing, doesn't it??? :eek:)...

Joanne: I think I liked the 45 Fire (not EZ) better too. I love the drills thrown in. The 45 EZ was actually harder for me, I kept waiting for the drill that never came and it seemed to go on forever. (Still love it though, just not ast much!) . Oh , I see I have the 45 EZ on tap for tomorrow! :eek:. I think I liked the Tone 30 better than the Sculpt 30 too. Felt that there was more lower body. The band work at the end was tough. But STILL not as grueling as Cathe's weights, know what I mean? Probably because it IS only 30 minutes. ... OMG, I have seen my OB/GYN doc at work before. And have thought there was little chance he would recognize me unless I did a 'stirrup pose' for him! LOL! He never did say hi to me (not that I want him too, LOL!). Very uncomfortable! ... Ya, I know. Doctors always sneak in their lunches into the OR. Can you see a surgeon gnawing on a chicken wing with BBQ sauce all over his face asking the nurse for "towels" to wipe up? Too funny, if you think about it. ... Do any of you remember the Seinfeld episode where Kramer was watching surgery and his ju ju beans shot out of his hand into the patients open wound? .. Oh! I didn't know your DH worked in a jail! How fun! :eek: Ask him if he knows the chicken bone trick!

I'm in such a dilemma tonight. The Bacherlorette is on, and then Last Comic Standing overlaps it and THEN, my most favorite crime show is ALSO on at 9p , along with the other 2: The Closer. I lead such a crazy life, don't I???

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.