July 06 "Keeping Summer Fit"

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everybody! Now that summer is officially underway let's do a rotation that keeps us summer fit. Take advantage of the fresh seasonal fruits and veggies as well as the opportunity to fire up the grill in an attempt to eat as clean as possible. Have Fun!

The following mini workout will be referred to as the Butt Blaster Bonus (BBB) and should be done whenever you see BBB listed:

5 minute dynamic and active warm up followed by....

Jump Squats ...jump high and land deep in a 90 degree bend (one minute)

Walking Lunges with moderate weight dumbbells (3 minutes)

Stiff Legged Deadlifts with a barbell (2 SLOW SETS of 12 reps)

Defensive Squats (as seen in Low Max Blast) for 2 minutes

Run up and down a flight of steps in house 20 times (no breaks unless have too)

Side Lunges onto an 8 inch step height (face front as you lunge up sideways. Leg on the floor is on a straight diagonal while leg lunging onto step is bent 90 degrees at the bottom of the lunge). Do one set 20 each side. If too easy lunge up while holding a med ball or hand weight.

WEEK ONE:

Mon.....Step, Jump, and Pump

Tues....30 minute brisk walk (on beach if possible) and a nice stretch

Wed...30 minute steady run followed by 10 sprints (run all out 15 sec. and rest for 30 to 45 seconds). Cool down and do segment one of Coremax and seg one of Stretch Max.

Thurs....BBB plus ONLY Leg Conditioning drills and cool down stretch from Kick Max

Fri...Boot Camp

Sat...KPC

Sun...OFF

WEEK TWO:

Mon...Cardio & Weights

Tues...30 minute bike ride (on scenic bike trail if possible) plus 5 minute stretch and segment two of Core Max

Wed...Muscle Endurance

Thurs...Power Max

Fri...Kick Max warm up and skip ahead to Kick Max Intensity blasts followed by BBB and a 7 minute stretch.

Sat...45 minute steady state run plus segment two of Stretch Max

Sun....OFF

WEEK THREE:

Mon...Cardio Kicks

Tues...High Step Training Advanced

Wed...30 minute steady state run followed by 10 sprints (done same as week one) plus segment three of Stretch Max

Thurs...Muscle Max

Fri...Imax 2

Sat...20 minute brisk walk followed by BBB and segment three of Core Max

Sun...OFF

WEEK FOUR:

Mon...Pyramid Upper Body plus 30 minute steady state run and a 7 minute stretch

Tues...Pyramid Lower Body plus 10 minute of Ab Hits

Wed...OFF

Thurs...MIC

Fri...20 minute steady run plus 10 sprints (as done in week one and three), BBB plus Kick Max leg conditioning drills and Kick Max stretch(only).

Sat...Imax One

Sun...Sunday Quicker Picker Upper: 10 minute Ab Hits, 8 sets of 8 push ups, 30 dips off table edge, 50 jumping jacks, 1 minute jump rope (repeat jacks and jump rope sequence 3 times)

Have fun and I hope your 4th of July holiday weekend is a safe and happy one!

RE: July 06

I don't have Low Max...What is a defensive squat?? I substituted everything else in this rotation (Ok, wimped out a bit)...Help! Am back on black this month for fitness!

MJ in MN

RE: July 06

I especially like the brisk walk on the beach! I wonder if my DH and employer will understand when I tell them I'm going to the beach for the month of July.

MJ in MN!

What is a defensive squat?? Let me see if I can explain this to you...you step out to right with your right foot pointed straight ahead (not in a lunge position) and then quickly, step it back together, then repeat same move on left, alt. sides. (It would be cued as right, together, left, together. Does that make sense?) Also, squat down low as you do the move...be sure to keep feet pointed straight ahead not on an angle. Arms are generally "in guard" position. Let me know if you need more explanation.

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: MJ in MN!

It's the "Vacation Rotation"! This one is perfect for me now, because I took a break due to an injury and am just comming back. I think this one will be a good way to develop my strength and cardio again. I just did my first BBB day, it was really fun to shake things up. I've never done a rotation someone else designed before. I'm loving it!
Heather

vacation

My vacation starts in the middle of Week 3 and ends in the middle of Week 4 of this July '06 rotation (I started late!)

I am going to DisneyWorld, so I will be using their resort gym. I can bring my portable DVD player, except, I really am not sure about lugging it Florida and not sure if the resort would allow it anyway...so what I am wondering is if anyone knows where I can get a run down (on paper) as to the Muscle Max and Pyramids (upper and lower) work outs? You know what I mean, something that I can read instead of watch while I do my workouts? This would be a great help to me...

Thank you!!!!!
~Gabi

Hi Gabi!

Here is the breakdown for MM...If I can find the breakdown for PUB/PLB, I'll report back later. Have fun on vacation!

Muscle Max, approximately 72 minutes in length, is a total body, moderate to heavy weight training workout. This workout focuses on the effective basics and is sequenced in a manner to deliver results. While this workout can be done 2, but no more than 3, times per week on its own, it can also be used in conjunction with the Gym Style workouts as a way of targeting all the body parts a second time per week. Just a couple of suggestions, but by no means the only way to use these workouts Here is the breakdown......

Warm Up

Lower Body
Dumbbell Squats
Barbell Squats
Barbell Static Lunges

Chest
Push Ups
Dumbbell Flys #1
Dumbbell Flys #2
Push Ups

Back
Barbell Underhand Rows #1
Barbell Underhand Rows #2
Dummbbell One Arm Rows
Barbell Pullovers

Lower Body
Band Leg Presses #1
Dumbbell Plie Squats #1
Dumbbell Plie Squats #2

Shoulders
Dumbbell Lateral Raise #1
Dumbbell Lateral Raise #2
Band Lateral Raise
Dumbbell Upright Row#1
Dumbbell Upright Row #2
Barbell Front Raise/Delt

Biceps
Barbell Curls #1
Barbell Curls #2
Dumbbell Curls

Triceps
Dumbbell Press/Dips #1
Dumbbell Press/Dips #2
Band Kickbacks

Core/ABS

Stretch

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Hi Debbie

Thank you so much!

I hope I can do this without need to watch it! Sometimes I just can't picture it and then I'm stuck!!!

Thank you again...

~Gabi

Hi again Gabi!

Read over all the explanations on each workout before you head out on vacation. If there are some you don't understand, let us know...someone will be here to help describe the move to you. Have FUN!

one question

The amount of weight used and the repetitions?

For the Muscle Endurance work out is it the most weight you can handle? And what is repetitions... 4 sets of eight reps?

Oh..that's more than one question!!

Thanks for all your help
~Gabi

RE: one question

TWO questions is allowed! :7 Yes, you are right...when Cathe does 3 sets of 8 reps of bicep curls, you would do 8 bicep curls, rest briefly and do 2 more sets of 8 reps, so a total of 24 repetitions. Does that make sense? Also, yes it IS the amonut that YOU can lift with the last 1-2 reps being somewhat hard but still be able to keep good form. When your form slips, you are probably going too heavy. Cathe sometimes gives the weight amount but they are just a general guideline, not something you HAVE to match. Start out light and go heavier the more you do the workout...when the weight you use is no longer challenging, it's time to "UP" your weight. Hope this helps.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.