Juicer Recommendations?

carol d.

Cathlete
Anyone have a juicer for their hard vegetables/greens, etc. that they highly recommend? My husband + I have been making fruit protein smoothies with our blender for years, but we really want to *graduate* to a juicer so we can incorporate whole veggies.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! We are pretty overwhelmed by what's out there, and not sure where to start.

Last edited:
Truthfully, I love my Vitamix Blender for making green smoothies with whole vegetables. QVC has great deals on them. From what I've researched, you lose a lot of the fiber from veggies with a juicer because a lot of the skin is held out.

Truthfully, I love my Vitamix Blender for making green smoothies with whole vegetables. QVC has great deals on them. From what I've researched, you lose a lot of the fiber from veggies with a juicer because a lot of the skin is held out.

So will the vitamix keep the fiber? Is that the difference? I get confused to.

If you want to make juice and not a smoothie I would pick the Samson 6 in 1 juicer. You can juice greens like wheat grass and it extracts more juice than many other juicers. I also have tried other juicers over the years. Over all the ones I have used including a Norwalk juicer, I prefer the Sampson.

If you are just making a smoothie you do get all the fiber.

If you are making juices, you get more nutrition because you can consume more in one serving. The idea behind juicing is to reduce the fiber and to increase the nutrition.

It depends on what you are trying to do. The fiber will fill you up, the juices will cleanse you and reduce brain fog.

There is nothing wrong with just enjoying green smoothies. I am fond of spinach, parsley, lime juice, 1/4 of a stalk of celery, and an apple.

But, that said, I really get more out of a juice. I feel energized and smart :D

I started with the Omega Vert 350, I have a Super Angel for wheatgrass, and I graduated to the Norwalk. As you can see I'm a juicing fanatic. I also have a Vitamix when I want smoothies.:)

I started with the Omega Vert 350, I have a Super Angel for wheatgrass, and I graduated to the Norwalk. As you can see I'm a juicing fanatic. I also have a Vitamix when I want smoothies.:)

Oooh, I have been eyeing the Omega Vert 350 for several months now. I have a Vitamix and use it daily, but I too, want to start juicing. Can you tell me why you felt the need to go to the Norwalk (I don't even know this model).

Thanks for your help in this!

- sarah

Oooh, I have been eyeing the Omega Vert 350 for several months now. I have a Vitamix and use it daily, but I too, want to start juicing. Can you tell me why you felt the need to go to the Norwalk (I don't even know this model).

Thanks for your help in this!

- sarah

Well I started juicing with the Vert and I got so hooked on juicing that I started reading more and more about it and I came across websites of Norwalk demos and felt that it makes the healthiest juice possible because its a two step juicer that cold presses the juice. It gets every single drop of juice out of the pulp which in the long run saves money. The Norwalk is a 2500.00 juicer so it's only for fanatics like me. I just felt for me I know that juicing is a lifetime thing so I felt the investment would be worth it, there are people who have been using it for 40 yrs. and it's still going strong. But I do like the Vert as well, it's much easier than the Norwalk and it does make good juice. HLH! :)

Thank you, ladies for all your input! I'm pretty sure the Norwalk is out of our reach :D, but we will def do our research on your other recommendations.

On a side note, my husband was very impressed with how quickly I received responses to my OP. He is now a believer in the power of the Cathe Forum! :D

Well I started juicing with the Vert and I got so hooked on juicing that I started reading more and more about it and I came across websites of Norwalk demos and felt that it makes the healthiest juice possible because its a two step juicer that cold presses the juice. It gets every single drop of juice out of the pulp which in the long run saves money. The Norwalk is a 2500.00 juicer so it's only for fanatics like me. I just felt for me I know that juicing is a lifetime thing so I felt the investment would be worth it, there are people who have been using it for 40 yrs. and it's still going strong. But I do like the Vert as well, it's much easier than the Norwalk and it does make good juice. HLH! :)

Yes that definitely helps! Thank-you so much!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.