Johnny G. Infomercial

brainsgirl

Anyone get this spin bike? They have it on QVC for about $359 including shipping. The infomercial had it for $500. Just want to know how sturdy the bike is and if it's worth the $. Mindi

Hi Mindi,
My DH bought me it off of the informercial when the bike first came out.I actually just saw it on QVC.They have a really good deal on it considering my DH paid $500.00!:eek: I really do love it though!Its fun and my body doesnt hurt anywhere while Im spinning or even after.I really work up a sweat.The videos have great music too.I say,go for it,plus if spinning isnt for you,you can always send it back.But for me,I love it!Its alot easier on your knees and back.The bike is very sturdy by the way!

Thank you!!! I was just loking for one person to tell me they liked it!!! I'm ordering when I get home from work today!! Mindi

Do you think QVC has the same bike? Because they still have the informercial playing with the higher price.

Debbie

Does anyone know if the workouts are available separately? I already have a spin bike, but I would like to try the videos if they're good.

I dont think they sell the videos seperately yet,you can always check QVC.
As for the bike,it is the exact same one that is from the infomercial.
:)

The videos as not yet sold separately.

Sheila

(P.S. I found that the Johnny G spin bike is lighter weight than the regular spin bikes in the gym - I have an ENC600 which is even sturdier than the gym models)

I saw the Johnny G segment on QVC the other day and was very tempted to buy a bike. I haven't taken a spinning class since before my son was born and that was five years ago!:eek: I would LOVE to have this in my home and hinted to DH that it would be a great b-day present.

BTW, I think I remember hearing that the bike weighed 70 pounds and shipping was close to $60.

I checked the specs on the bike. It is about 2/3 the weight of the Johnny G Spinners which are made by Star Trac (they acquired the rights from Schwinn). The geometry & design look the same. It should be stable enough, durability is the question. Much more affordable though.

Wonder how Johnny G is dancing around trademarks? Star Trac can't be happy that there's another Johnny G bike on the market. He had quite a legal battle with Schwinn over who owned what Spinning rights.

Debra

I'm tempted by this too. The flywheel isn't as heavy as the more expensive bikes, how important is that? Will it affect the resistance or just the durability? I don't plan to use it every day, I figure it could be a "low" cost way to try spinning in my home. I can always upgrade the bike later if I end up using it a lot.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Well girls, I'll let you know how it is! I broke down and ordered from QVC yesterday. Should be here on or before (and QVC is GREAT about getting things to you before) the 15th!!!!!! I'm SOOOO looking for some different types of cardio. Mindi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.