Jogglers September 2015

RapidBreath

Cathlete
Yeah I did it again, I forgot to create a thread for this month. I'm doing a little better than last month. At least it's only the 12th and not the 15th!

I have not been exercising because I've been in PT again. It's not too bad. It's also very smoky.

Happy September. This morning was in the 50's but it will not last.

I was on vacation the first week in September and last week just flew by. I'm trying to get back on track from vacation. I had lost 6 pounds before vacation but probably gained that back so I ate and ate and didn't do any formal workouts. I worked last week though and did a Tabata workout on Saturday and ran 10 miles on Sunday. I have a half marathon in a little over a month. Tonight will be a upper body weight workout.

Alisha ~ How is PT? What is wrong. I hope the smoke clears by you. I wish we could have sent you our rain from Saturday.

PT has been about keeping my neck where it belongs and working on my plantar fasciatis (spl?)

Its in the 80s because of the smoke from all the fires in CA. The smoke has blocked out the sun.

We had to spend the night at a hotel to get breathable air. It was irritating my eyes, I looked like I had an infection but it was just redness from the smoke. The hotel had a gym, so I did 35 minutes of jog/walk intervals. Then, I had PT/chiropractor appointment, and now I am super sore. Ouchie.

Jane those tabatas look so hard, I am impressed that you can do them!

I'm sorry about the smoke. It's awful. I remember when we had fires near here, I think in 2007 and it was horrible. I'm sorry you have to deal with that.

I'm glad you are getting some relief from your PT. My running friend had plantar fasciitis for a while a couple of years ago. It is better now because she beats me at all of the races we do together. I used to beat her. Yeah for the hotel gym!!

We only did 4 cycles of each exercise and it was rough. I can't remember all the exercise but I know that there were swings, presses, elephants, jumping jacks and a few other. It really smoked me.

Yesterday was a rest day. Tonight will be a 3 1/2 - 4 mile run.

Hi ladies!

Sorry I haven't been around.

Alisha - I have been thinking of you out there with all those horrible fires! I really hope they get them under control soon and your air clears up! I couldn't even begin to imagine what that would be like! I'm sorry you're having neck issues! It's no fun that's for sure!

Jane - Great job on your workouts. Hope you had a spectacular vacation!

I have been running again a little bit. Still playing 18 holes of golf every Saturday with my golf friends. I'm going to Florida to play golf at the end of February! I'm all booked! We'll be staying at one of the golf girl's house so we won't have to pay for hotel, just food and greens fees. I'm not looking forward to winter, but I'm looking forward to going on that trip!

I finally decided to get a portable traction unit for my neck issues to have at home. I just got it on Friday. I'm using it every other day for 2 weeks, then I'm supposed to go to daily treatments to keep the neck loose and the compression off of my herniated disc. We'll see how it goes. As long as it keeps me for having those severe episodes, I'll be happy!

Stephen is applying for teaching jobs all over the country. Hopefully, he'll get several interviews! He'll need a good number of those to have a chance at at least one or two offers! He has applied to several positions in California. It would be nice to get one of those! I'll just be glad when he's working! I still can't believe it's finally almost over!

It was really chilly today!

It's hump day! Yeah! Still trying to get caught up from vacation a couple of weeks ago.

Tonight will be a 3.5 to 4 mile run. I've been consistent with my workouts and ran 10 miles on Sunday in preparation for our 1/2 marathon in October (less than 30 days away). My sister has been working with her knee which has been bothering her for the last year. She is doing massage (herself) (she won't do the foam roller) and is having good success with it. It is getting better and is less stiff. The last two 10 mile runs have been good and she hasn't had any issue. Keeping our fingers crossed as we get closer to race time. This weekend we have a 5K race in Plains. We love doing that race.

Tricia ~ I'm glad you are running a bit and decided to get a portable traction unit for your neck. I hope it helps you. Where will you be in Florida?

Alisha ~ I hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

Jane everything is going pretty good. I went to physical therapy/ chiropractic yesterday. I am doing pretty good. I have had to be taking some generic for my left year. It had gotten red and swollen last Friday. Unfortunately the turmeric makes me gain a little bit of weight. Most people lose weight on it. But I gain. Then again, it actually works. It works way better for that problem than any of the steroids for antibiotics that the doctor prescribed for me.

Dad and I are going to Montebello, Ontario, and maybe Disneyland :). We have about a weeks worth of work and training to do. I am taking my workout clothes. The hotel is supposed to have a gym.

I plan to eat on planus actually. There is a Marie calendars right next-door. And the training seminar is providing Coffee, tea, morning, and afternoon snack. My plan is to skip lunch. Because between the snacks, I'm not going to be hungry at all :).

Tricia I am so glad to see your post! The smoke as much abated. That fire was terrible. I think we've lost five firefighters California over this last fire season. It's very sad to see the procession for them. This breaks your heart. I could see that you are enjoying your Golf game on Facebook.

Jane I hope you enjoy the 5K. I know that your sister doesn't want to do the foam roller. But, I got to say it has made a world of difference to myself. And I know that you use it. Just tell her I said to try it. My doctor has me use it for my IT band and then he has me use a baseball massage the bottoms of my feet. Fasciitis, IT band, and I am still fluffy as a fluffy cat. It's so unfair.

Alisha ~ I'm glad all is well and you are doing good. Let me know how your trip went and if you got to go to Disneyland.

The 5K was fun. I did better than last year but not my best time overall. The weather was cool and cloudy. Then we came home and made 2 batches of cookies for a bake sale. This morning was 8.5 mile run.

My sister's knee is better but she is going to do some foam rolling (I told her you said so :)). I know that she has to move that fascia around.

I'm laying low today. I'm very tired.

Hi Tricia!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.