Jogglers October

syzygy314

Cathlete
Welcome ladies!

We're 3 days into October! How is it all going?

I still haven't started working out again yet, but at least my neck is fine and I am having no pain! Yay!

I missed a couple of days. I ran 4 miles on Wednesday. Thursday I did a workout with 400 walking lunges mixed in with some other stuff. Needless to say, I only did a 2 mile walk last night. Today is a rest day.

Please say a pray for me as I went on a job interview yesterday and I want the job. Please pray or send good vibes that I get it. I have to interview with another person but it won't be until the week of the 13th. My current job is going down the tubes fast. I need to get out of there.

Tricia ~ So glad that you are pain-free. YIPPEE!!

Alisha ~ I hope you are feeling better!

Hi Jane!

You got it! I'm sending everything I have that you get this new job! The way things were going at your current one, it sounded like things were getting shaky for a while. Hope you can get out before the ship sinks!

Enjoy your rest day! Now that golf is winding down, I've got to get focused on my regular workouts again. I've lost 3 pounds somehow. Guess all that walking and swinging and missing lunch has helped a lot! lol

Hi Alisha! Hope you are doing well!

What do you think of this new format?

Happy Monday!

Yesterday I ran 9 miles. It was only 50 degrees!! Whoa! It felt great though. This morning we were in the 50's as well but daytime highs are up in the upper 70's/low 80's. We will be back in the 80/60 range for the rest of the week.

Tonight will be an upper body workout!

Tricia ~ Thanks for the good vibes. I hate having to wait but everything works out in time. I'm glad you lost 3 pounds. Don't question it, just accept it. Walking, swings and carrying your clubs is a great workout.

I really like the new format. It's similar to the old layout.

Hi Alisha!

I did 3 miles this morning. :D

I am still getting used to the new Cathe Forum.

Business seems to be in a sort of holding pattern, we still have the plan reading contract, but I don't do plans, so all I have to do is prep for my exam. And listen to my Aunty complain about her bridezilla of a daughter. I am so done with this dramao_O

It's still in the mid 90 s. Jane I wish we had your 50s, we won't see that for a month.

Tricia congrats on the three pounds.

I am taking a rest day. I am getting my hair cut and then baking some cranberry, orange, walnut tea cakes for my sister's bake sale next week.

Well...I got a second interview on Friday morning with the Director of Accounting, Sr. VP of Operations and the CEO. Keep the good vibes flowing.

Alisha ~ the 50's are gone. It will be in the upper 80's all week with lows in the 60's. Humidity is low so it is quite pleasant.

Hi Tricia!

Hi ladies!

Jane - Still sending good vibes! The wait is the worst part! Glad you got to enjoy some cooler temps!

Alisha - Hope all the wedding drama settles down quickly! At least it's just temporary!

I've been out of the office for 2 days. Yesterday morning, my neck cracked and all my trap muscles on the right seized up. I called in and saw my PT. Ibuprofen didn't even touch it yesterday. Stayed home today and the pain meds are working better today. Will go back to work tomorrow and I see my PT again on Thursday.

I can't believe this! I can't seem to get a long stretch of pain free days! Had 2 weeks, then a small bout, then one week and this one. Yowza! This one is a doozy!

This had better clear up! I have golf dates this weekend!

Have a great day!

I am running 4 miles after work tonight.

Tricia ~ I'm sorry about your pain coming back. Have you ever thought of seeing a chiropractor? I've never been to one but I was just wondering if you checked out that option. I hope you are feeling better today.

Alisha ~ I hate drama. How it is all resolved now.

Hi Jane!

How was your run?

I'm adverse to seeing a chiropractor because it is my neck and it's a herniated disc. Afraid they'll just make it worse. However, one of our attorneys knows one who specializes in the cervical spine. I may call him and see if he'll review my scans and see if he thinks he can help.

I'm feeling much better, but I am on 2400 mg of Ibuprofen a day right now! It finally kicked in on Tuesday and is working great. My neck is still stiff and I can't move it fully, but I can turn much better now. I'm not going to squander my next stretch of pain-free days! Going to work out next time I'm better!

Hi Alisha! Hope you are doing okay and the wedding drama is settling down!

My run was good. It was a bit warmer than last week but still not too hot. We are back in the upper 80's.

Here is tonight's workout:
8 Rounds of the following:
KB DL - 8
KB Push Press - 8/8
KB 1-Arm Sit ups - 8/8
Rows - 8/8
Push ups - 8
Halos - 8/8
Pullover Sit ups - 8/8
Front Kick (holding kb) 8/8

Tricia ~ I'm glad you're feeling much better. I understand your concerns about not going to a chiropractor.

Hi Alisha!

Jane - Nice weather! I'll bet you're going to feel today's workout tomorrow! We're getting pretty chilly, but some days are still nice in the mid-60s! Supposed to play golf on Saturday, but it's looking like rain all day. Makes me sad. lol

Really can't complain. We haven't been rained out at all this season. Planning on playing on Sunday, too! Will see what happens.

Had my PT appointment this morning and went in again this afternoon for a dry needling treatment. I'm really sore now, but should be feeling good by morning!

Hoping to feel good enough to work out tomorrow. Didn't try it tonight because of the soreness from the needling treatment. I really need to get moving again!

Hi Alisha!

TGIF!!

I had my interview this morning and it was 3 hours! I met with 3 people and really enjoyed talking to them. Now I have to take a 15 minute on-line personality profile and then after that who knows...perhaps a job offer. I hope so. A Director here is very nervous about me leaving but I am so tired of wondering if we will make payroll all the time. Nothing ever changes here. No one ever says how can we make this place better. It's still the same old stuff.

I am doing a running workout tonight mixed in with some other cardio moves. Last night's workout was brutal but I'm not too sore today.

Tricia ~ I hope you get to play golf this weekend!

Hi Alisha!

I had a touch of the flu on Friday ( :confused:vomit, fever, chills etc.) I am back to eating food and I hope to exercise this week.

Tricia Did you get a workout or to golf? It's nearly 90 degrees here still, I won't see 60 for over a month.

Jane I hope you get that new job and that it's everything you are hoping for:)

Hi ladies!The interview sounds good! Still keeping my fingers crossed and sending positive thoughts! Good workouts.

Alisha - Sorry you had the flu! That is nasty stuff! Glad you're feeling better! I'd take your 90s!

Didn't get to play yesterday. It rained all day and didn't stop until about 3 p.m. We played this morning, early, around 9. It was chilly to start, but it warmed up and was beautiful! Playing tomorrow at 11.

My neck is much better! I have another PT appointment on Wednesday with a dry needling treatment.

Nothing much else going on. Just hanging in and trying to survive!

Have a great night!

Happy Monday!

I took Saturday as a rest day. Sunday I ran 10 miles. Tonight will be a total body weight workout.

I have a call at 6 with the place I interviewed with last Friday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but not getting excited yet.

Alisha ~ Sorry about the flu. I hope you are feeling better today.

Tricia ~ I'm glad you got to play some golf yesterday and today. Hope it was fun. It's been warm here but is suppose to get a bit cooler in the next couple of days.

I did 3 miles day before yesterday. I plan to do some hi lo because it's raining:D And in the 70s. I have not been sick since, but I did have some tummy pain. I wonder if it was the entero virus. Anywhooo, I also got my flu shot and my last PT appt. My chiro has cut me loose, I am free for take off:cool:. I went shopping yesterday for clothes but I didn't enjoy what I looked like, so more cardio, yoga, and watching my eats:oops:.

Jane how was the phone call?

I got the job!!! I start on November 3rd. I gave notice at my job on Tuesday and my last day there will be October 29th. YIPPEE!! I finally don't have to worry about getting a paycheck.

Tuesday was a rest day. Yesterday was a 4 mile run. Tonight will be something with both cardio and weights. I haven't decided yet.

Alisha ~ I'm glad you are feeling better and happy that the chiro has cut you loose as well. I hate shopping for clothes.

Hi Tricia!

Alisha - Glad you're back to working out again and feeling better!

Jane - CONGRATULATIONS!! So excited for you! I know you are so relieved not to have deal with that kind of stress every day! Glad you have cooler temps coming too! We were cooler, but have had some warmer temps this week. By Sunday, we'll be back in the 50s.

I feel so much better since last week! I had another PT appointment last night after work and she gave me a long soft tissue massage, then stretched me manually and needled me. It really hurt this time! Guess I really needed it! I was still really sore this morning, but, now, I feel back to my old self again with no pain! I love those dry needling treatments!

I have a golf tournament on Saturday and am going to the Head of the Charles in Boston on Sunday. Wednesday is my birthday and the Widow's Ball at the country club. Stephen is taking me to dinner next Saturday for my birthday.

I went to lunch with a golf friend today and she brought me a small birthday present. She got me a new golf towel, divot tool and a cute golf glove key chain. They were all very girly, but cute and fun. She also bought my lunch. I told her she didn't have to do all that. It was so sweet and thoughtful of her though.

We had some much needed rain today. I'm off next week Wednesday through Friday and I'm hoping to get to play some golf! lol

Have a great night!

I did a hi lo workout by Kathy Smith on Wednesday, yesterday was a rest day. I had planned on working out, but my day was interrupted. The weather is nice, in the high 70s. I plan to workout today, do a meditation, and get some studying done. I have veggies to cook in the pressure cooker.

Jane that's soooo exciting:) Congrats on your new job!!!

Tricia enjoy your golf tournament.

I'm sorry I have been MIA. I took a couple of days off work and was busy running errands and doing things around the house. I have to go back to work tomorrow. My last day is next Wednesday. They aren't replacing me due to money concerns so I have to get things written up so people know what to do.

Friday was a rest day.

Saturday was a 5K race that was longer than a 3.1 miles so my time was a bit off. Nice race though. On Saturday night I went to a community event called "One Book" where everyone in town reads the same book. On Saturday night the authors came to speak. The book was called "Picking Cotton". It was a true story about a man wrongly accused of rape. He spent 11 years in prison before a DNA test got him released. The book was written by him and his accuser. A great story of forgiveness.

Sunday was a 9 mile run and then I worked an hour in my mom's yard.

Today was an upper body workout.

Hope everyone had a great Monday!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.