Jogglers October 2015

TGIF and Happy October!

Alisha ~ I hope you get to Disneyland!

I'm taking a rest day but I worked out yesterday and I will out tomorrow and Sunday. Sunday is a 11 mile run. My 1/2 marathon is 2 weeks from Sunday.

Hi Tricia!

Hi ladies!

Happy October! It's too cold. lol I can't stand the cold!

Alisha - Enjoy Ontario! Hope you get to Disneyland!

Jane - Hope you had a nice rest day!

I've gone for a few runs lately, but now it's getting chilly. Not sure what I'm going to do. I seem to be losing and gaining the same 5 lbs. over and over. Ugh.

I picked up a portable traction unit for my neck. I do cervical traction every other night now and will be moving that up to every night next week. I'm hoping this keeps me from having those acute attacks that put me down for several days.

Stephen is finally on the job market! Did I mention that already? I don't remember. He has 13 interview scheduled at the FMA conference he's going to in a couple of weeks. Hopefully, he'll get more. The more interviews he gets, the more likely it is he'll get a few offers to choose from. Fingers crossed! He has 3 CA universities, 1 in Oregon, 1 in Washington State, 1 in Maryland, 1 in Indiana, 1 in Michigan, 1 in Turkey (yes, a foreign country), 1 in Connecticut, 1 in North Carolina and a few more that I don't remember.

He will go through first round interviews this fall and I assume second round interviews will take place around January or so. I'm hoping he'll have offers by March and we'll know where we're going by May. I really hope we move! I need a fresh start again. Not too much longer now. I just need to make it through one more winter!

Hope all is well with you two!

I went back to check the September thread.

Alisha - Hope you are doing better! Glad the fires are abating. It's terrible that there have been so many fireman lost!

Jane - I'll be in Florida the last week of February.

Last edited:
Happy Monday!

My 11 mile run went well yesterday. I felt really good as did my sister. Her knee held up really well. Tonight will be an upper body workout.

Alisha ~ Hope you are having fun!

Tricia ~ It looks like lots of good changes coming your way soon. Is there any place out of that list that you really want to move to? I hate running in the colder months even though it doesn't get that cold down here. I hate it getting dark and having to adjust our Wednesday night to running around the block repeatedly. Boring.

I hope your traction treatments will help.

I'm back from spending two weeks in Montebello California. I did get to exercise some of the time at the hotel gym. But the other hotels do not have a gym that was open. I am home now. I am glad to be home now. I bought myself some new Birkenstocks in white. And I got my haircut today!

Tricia I'm glad to see that you posted! I was afraid that you were going to come back.

Jane well done on your route long run :)

It's still in the upper 80s here :)

Alisha ~ I'm glad you got time to workout a bit. It's always nice to come home. We are in the 80's here too but there is less humidity so that is nice. The mornings are a bit cooler as well.

My sister and I have completed our 1/2 marathon training this morning with a 11 mile run. The 1/2 marathon is next Sunday in Myrtle Beach. I'm hoping the rain will not have an effect on the roads getting there. We don't leave until Thursday morning. At this time the weather looks to be near perfect for the race. I am excited and looking to a couple of days of mini golf and shopping.

Hi Tricia!

It is still in the 80s here. I had to go back to see my chiropractor last week. And then I was supposed to see him this morning, but he double booked himself. Don't really know how that happened :-( he rescheduled me for tomorrow morning. I really have to get on the waitlist bandwagon. I'm tired of being fat. :-(

Congratulations Jane on completing your half marathon training. I hope you enjoy the half marathon.

Hi Trisha!

Hi ladies!

Jane - Hope you had a good race at the half!

Alisha - Ugh! Hate when docs do that! There's no reason for it! Hope you get in okay tomorrow!
I know how you feel about being fat! We can get back into shape together!

We had a major pipe start leaking in the basement this week. I had today and tomorrow off and was supposed to play golf today and have a lesson tomorrow, but all that went the way of the DoDo. Waited all morning for our regular plumber to call us back and he didn't, so Stephen had to call someone else. They came really quickly and took a look, gave us an estimate (ouch!) and set the appointment for tomorrow at 7. We have to have the whole main pipe replaced. Ours is as old as the house and is made out of cast iron, so it has probably been corroding internally for years. Over $3000 to replace! Ugh. I'm seriously starting to take to the whole renting idea when we move!

Stephen went to his conference last week. Had 14 interviews. Already got a rejection letter from one. Of course, it's the one closest to where we live now. He's had a total of 18 interviews, so 17 to go. Please keep him in your thoughts, prayers and meditations that he gets some good news!

Golf season is almost over! We got really cold at the end of last week! Had to break down and turn the heat on. We warmed up a bit this week, but it's going to get chilly again tomorrow - back into the 50s. I'm golfing on Saturday at least! I keep hoping to get back into a regular workout routine!

Traction at home is fabulous! I can't believe my PT never suggested it! I give myself a treatment at least every other day.

Have a great day tomorrow!

TGIF!

We are back from South Carolina and had a great time. The weather was beautiful!! The 1/2 went really well. I ran with my sister most of the way but left her at mile 11 because I just wanted to get the thing done with. My knee bothered me though which was unusual because it I haven't had any issues. I did this same race in 2013 and had the same issue - IT on right knee. I'm starting to think that maybe it had to do with too much mini golf and walking up and down and around too many uneven paths or steps. It feels good now.

Our weather has cooled off some but I had to turn the AC on yesterday when I got home from work. The utility bill has gone way down and I love it. I wish it would stay in the 70's all year. It is suppose to be in the high 80's through the weekend and then in the 70's next week.

Tricia ~ Sorry about your main pipe. That's home ownership for you. I think if you move you should rent at first anyway to get the feel of the area where you are moving. I will keep my fingers crossed for Stephen and that he finds the right job, in the right place.

Alisha ~ That's crappy about the double booking. I'm glad they got you an appointment though. I haven't worked out all week. We got home on Monday and I've been tired and my hamstrings have been sore. So it's a recovery week for me. I will get going tomorrow again.

Have a great Friday!

Good morning! Up early to head out for golf! lol

Jane - Glad you and your sister had a good race! All that uneven paving and stuff can really cause issues! Thankfully, only temporary ones! It's cooled off here again - only getting to the mid-50s today and not too sunny. Good for keeping the temps down, but not so good for keeping warm on the course today! lol

I'm leaning more heavily towards renting after this, as long as it's a house and not some tiny apartment. I don't think I could stand that. Let someone else deal with all the problems! Maybe just buy a condo next time. That way, the problems are minimal and relate only to our unit. I don't know. Definitely rent to start when we move though.

Hi Alisha! Hope you are having a good weekend!

I'm off! Have a great day you two!

Happy Monday!

I got back in the groove and did a workout on Saturday and ran 9 miles on Sunday.

Alisha ~ I hope you had a good weekend.

Tricia ~ I hope you had fun playing golf.

The weather was a bit warm this weekend but it should cool off some later this week. We are waiting to see if we get any rain from the remnants of Patricia. We haven't had rain in a long time.

Hi Jane!

Glad you got back to your workouts again! I hope you see some rain!

We are supposed to get some of Patricia soon. I don't like rain when it's cold though! Golf was good.

I have done a couple of workouts so far this week! Yay! Did Hard Strikes yesterday and RWH - HIIT Circuit Upper Body today. Hope I can keep this going! I need to get back in shape. I can really tell I've lost a lot of muscle mass.

Anyway . . . not much else going on. Thank goodness! I'll take quiet and boring any day compared to last week!

Hi Alisha!

Tricia ~ We were suppose to get rain from Patricia but never did and we really need it. Congratulations on your workouts. Keep up the good work!

I'm back to my regular workouts this week. It's still in the 80's here but less humid.

Anyone doing anything special for Halloween? We aren't except my sister is coming over because she usually gets tons of kids in her subdivision so she's hiding out at our house. We usually don't get any kids. I think parents bus them into the subdivision and I'm on a neighborhood street with not too many houses.

Have a great weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.