Jogglers November 2015

Alisha ~ I'm glad you are getting better and that you are re-organizing things. That's always a good thing.

It is unseasonably warm here. Last night I got all my nighttime running gear together. I put my reflective vest over my tank top. I think that's the first I time I ever wore my reflective vest over a tank top. So weird to be running in 80+ degrees in the dark and sweating like crazy. At least the sun wasn't out! :) The warmer temps are to continue through the weekend. It will be close to 90 on Friday. I'm not really complaining however it would be nice not to have the A/C running in November.

Hi Tricia!

Happy November!

Hi girls!

Alisha - Having a neat room is a great feeling! Hope you are doing well and getting some workouts in!

Jane - Enjoy the warmth! We are having a lovely week too with temps in the low 70s! It feels so good! I know it won't last, but I'm enjoying it as long as I can!

Stephen has gotten 4 calls for flyouts from universities! That's good! Here is the list so far:

Bowling Green State University in Ohio
Lamoyne (not sure of the spelling) in Syracuse, New York
Morgan State University in Baltimore, MD

and . . . .. . . . wait for it . . . . . . . .

American University of Beiruit!

These are all 2nd round interviews and he should get at least one job offer out of this. The one in Beiruit sounds so amazing! I would love to go there! It's right on the Mediterranean! We could get an apartment right on the water!

We shall see what this all brings. He flies out to Beiruit on the 12th and the others will follow. Should know where we are going sometime soon thereafter. Very exciting!

Will keep you posted!

Rainy days and Mondays....it is Monday and it is raining. It rained all day yesterday as well.

I got my long run in on Saturday instead and boy it was hot. We got out later than usual as we had to take mom's car to the shop so we didn't get out until 8:45. It was in the 80's by the time we got home. Luckily it was cloudy most of the way but we pretty much wore out by the time we got home but we got our 9 miles in. I have a 15K on Saturday morning so had to be prepared for that.

Sunday I did a workout under the carport since it was raining and tonight will be a weight workout.

This week will be crazy at work as our annual award banquet is Friday night and although I'm not going, I have to get the awards and make sure everything is sent to the right place. I am also taking tomorrow off as my mom is finally getting her port (chemo) taken out so that is a cause for celebration. My sister is here from Chicago so it's nice we will be altogether and celebrate the face that mom is a survivor!

Tricia ~ you have some great changes come up in your life. How exciting!

Hi Alisha - hope you had a great weekend.

Hi Jane!

Good luck in your race this weekend! Congrats to your mom on getting her port out! That is BIG!

Stephen arrived in Beirut today and, wouldn't you know it, there was a bombing in the southern part of the city. He is okay. It was so far away from the University that it didn't affect them there. The airline lost his luggage with his suit. He spoke with the Department Chair and he didn't seem to be worried about the fact that Stephen wouldn't be dressed in a suit for the day's interviews tomorrow. I really hope they find it because that is around $600 worth of clothes!

He has 3 more interviews coming up and Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma WA called him yesterday, too.

Still not working out much. Planning on getting off my butt starting tomorrow. I'm going to need to be in really good shape if we end up in Lebanon because I really don't want to need a doctor over there! lol

Hi Alisha! Hope you are doing well!

We have had some rain :) it is now really pretty cool in the low 60s. I am going to try to do about 15 minutes of low impact cardio this morning I had a chiropractic appointment yesterday. I'm recovering from that.

Tricia I am so glad that Stephen has had so Many good offers. That's very exciting!

Jane how was your race?

Alisha - Comfortable temps out there! I haven't been to a chiropractor in ages, but I'm sure it's intense! Glad you're recovering!
I can't believe that since he has left, there's been a bombing in Beirut (just south of where he was staying) and then in Paris! He flew through there on his way over. He leaves tonight to come home and is flying through Frankfurt. I'm hoping there are no more bombings!

It has been such a terrible week overseas! My heart goes out to everyone in both cities, but I'm upset that everyone is more open with their support of the people in Paris and no one really cares about the people in Beirut.

Jane - Hope your race went well and you're having a great weekend!

It's really cold and windy here today! Didn't golf. Just stayed home with the pups. I did XTrain Cardio Leg Blast today and have been scrounging food at home. I really have a craving for Indian food, but I have to order $20 and they charge a $7-8.00 delivery fee! Yikes! Oh, well. Guess I'm still scrounging tonight . . .

The weekend went by too fast.

Tricia ~ I hope your hubby returns home safely. We live in such a crazy world. I just don't understand why we can't along get along and embrace our differences. It makes me so sad. I did not hear about the Beirut bombing until after the Paris situation but my heart and prayers goes out to everyone involved.

The race was nice but it seemed like a smaller field of runner this year. Tricia, the race was in Albany and I thought of you. The weather was incredibly beautiful but I was tired and did my worse 15K time ever. My sister and I ran together as it is a mentally challenging course because it is hilly and there are lots of twists and turns and not a lot of people. Afterwards we went to mom's house (my sister from Chicago is in town) and we celebrated her "deportation" (taking out of her port). It was fun.

This morning was a sisters workout that involved med ball runs, tire dragging, farmers walk and squats. Lots of fun on a beautiful morning.

Alisha ~ I'm glad you got some rain. It was been cooler here with lows in the 40's and highs in the 60's although we are warming up again for a while. My lemon tree is bursting with fruit and because it's been so warm we have tons of more blossoms and more fruit. Not sure what will happen it if freezes. I guess we will try to cover it. The tree is ever bearing but usually we don't have a second harvest. Our oranges are almost ready to be picked.

Happy Wednesday!

It is still warm here but no need for the AC as the mornings are cool. Cooler temperatures are coming but not too cool (yippee).

Monday I did a weight workout and yesterday was a rest day. I am suppose to go running tonight but they are forecasting rain. So if it does rain I will do something inside with kettlebells. I might do a bunch of swings maybe 200 and some other things mixed in.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

I had a chiropractic appointment on Thursday. My right shoulder is bugging the hell out of me. It's usually my feet that are the problem. I have an appointment to see the chiropractor into more weeks. I'm feeling sorry for myself. But not as sorry as a feel for the Parisians. I hate that the French are under seige.

Hi ladies!

The spouse is now in Bowling Green, Ohio for interviews. He just got back from Syracuse on Tuesday night. He has one more trip to make to Baltimore at the end of next week. He's already gotten an offer from Lemoyne in Syracuse, but he countered and is still waiting to hear from Beirut. Keeping my fingers crossed that they come back with a better offer! Not too exited about the weather and conditions in Syracuse! Ohio wouldn't be much better, but at least they wouldn't get those huge lake effect storms in the winter! No really good job options for me in either location either. He may have to support us for a change!

Hope you two are ready for Thanksgiving! I can't believe how fast the holidays have come this year!

Jane - Where in Albany are there hills? lol Guess I don't know because I wasn't a runner back when I lived down there! Where was the race at? Sorry you didn't run it well

I can't believe all the hate and violence these days either. I have friends who can't believe I want to go to Beirut, but looking at what's going on everywhere, it really wouldn't be any worse or more dangerous than anywhere else, not even in the states. It's a very sad state of affairs. Hate is breeding more hate. I wonder if it will ever stop.

Alisha - I feel like you. When I get one pain resolved, another one rears it's ugly head! Sending you lots of healing and positive energy!

It was cold this morning and yesterday morning in the mid 30's but it will be in the 70's from Thanksgiving through the weekend. I refused to put on the heat for 2 days. It wasn't too bad. It was 66 in the house. Looking forward to the long weekend. My sister and I are having a slumber party at mom's house Wednesday night and then my other sister is coming so it will just be us 4 for Thanksgiving which is fine with me. We are having double chocolate pancakes with salted caramel syrup for breakfast and chicken instead of turkey.

I've been keeping up with my workouts but I did not run last Wednesday. I did do a kettlebell workout on Thursday which killed me and then ran 9 miles on Saturday and did a killer workout on Sunday. I was so sore yesterday so I did an ab, leg and stretching workout last night. Not sure if I will get a workout in tonight or Wednesday night.

Tricia ~ There were hills but not very big ones. The race started at the YMCA on Gillionville Road and was run around the neighborhoods there. We are doing another race in Albany in December but it is by the hospital. I would be afraid to go to Beirut but I haven't traveled oversees. My international travel has been to Canada and Bahamas. I agree though no place is safe nowadays. Syracuse would be brutal weather-wise although I have never been. I'm not so sure about Bowling Green but that has got to be better than Syracuse. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you end up where you are suppose to be.

Alisha ~ I hope you feel better soon. I'm sending you lots of healing vibes. Shoulder pain can be so horrible.

I fear for humanity. I don't get why we can't all get along and I don't understand not wanting to help people. I get that people are afraid but if we lose humanity then we have nothing. I read comments on the internet and I'm happy that I don't have kids. Hate, fear and violence and begets hate, fear and violence. I just can't understand why people don't see that. Ok...I'm preaching to the choir here.

If I don't get back here before the holidays. Have a great Thanksgiving!!

Jane - Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your mom and sisters! Sounds like a great party!

I know where Gillionville Road is! I lived not too far from there! Which hospital are you starting at in your December run? Phoebe Putney downtown or Palmyra? Downtown is prettier! At least, it used to be when I lived there. Say hi for me!

I keep hoping that something bigger than our petty differences and problems will come along to change how we look at our world and all the people in it. I'm not sure what it would take, but I'm hoping for an alien invasion or something. Maybe a giant asteroid pointed at our collective heads? Sigh.

Alisha - Hope you are doing well!

Hope you two had a lovely Thanksgiving!

Ours was quiet, as usual. No Black Friday shopping for me! I can't stand crazy crowds!

Stephen has his first official offer. Lemoyne in Syracuse, NY had made him a modest offer and Stephen countered. They called on Wednesday evening and agreed to his requests in his counter-offer. He still has to go to Morgan State in Baltimore on Thursday. He's still hoping for a good enough offer from AUB in Beirut.

I'm REALLY, really hoping for a good offer from Beirut or a better offer from Morgan State! Baltimore would be infinitely better than Syracuse! Waiting, waiting, waiting . . . I'm not very patient and, as fast as this year has gone by, this last month and these next few weeks seem to be taking forever to go by!

Anyway, it's back to work tomorrow! One more week of vacation coming for Christmas week!

Back to work Monday!

I had a nice long weekend. A quiet Thanksgiving and lots of workouts to help offset some of the eating I did. The weather was gorgeous. It was in the mid to high 70's all weekend long. I have been harvesting some of my lemons. They are HUGE. I gave one to mom and we got almost a cup of lemon juice out of one lemon. Our orange crop was not as big as last year but I picked most of them and sent them to my sister who told me that she would pay for them. I still got about 5 or 6 for myself but I'm not a big orange eater anyway.

Tricia ~ The race is at Phoebe Putney. It's a pretty big race and they have a 5K as well. That's great that Stephen got a job offer. Keeping your fingers crossed for the race place for you guys to go. I did do any shopping either. We give to charity at Christmas usually. I don't even decorate.

Hi Alisha - Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Hi Jane we did have a great Thanksgiving. It was me, my dad, my mom, and my brother Britt.

Trisha good job and doing all those workouts to work off the turkey

Jane my dad loves lemons :) we used to have an orange tree. But then we moved and all the orange trees stated the old house, they were planted in the ground.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.