Jogglers - May 2015

lioness

Cathlete
I started a new thread.

The race on Friday was better than I expected. I was tired and hungry so I wasn't expecting much but I did my best 5K time this year and took second in my age group. My sister took third. It was a beautiful cool evening so that helped and I only saw a couple of gnats. I also got my age group award from the previous race. It was a really nice medal for such a small race -- a better medal than some that I got from half marathons.

I did a workout on Saturday morning and then laid 50 bales of pine straw with my sister. That pretty much killed us for the rest of the day. We didn't go running on Sunday morning either. Yesterday was a total body weight workout.

Tricia ~ The new job is going well. I really like it. The people are nice and the job is interesting. I'm glad PT is working and you playing golf. Walking is great exercise.

Alisha ~ Enjoy your new shoes!

I went to Santa Ana, close to Disneyland for 4 days. We are looking into a potential job down there. Keeping my fingers crossed. It was cold. There was no gym at the hotel.

Jane congrats on your low gnat race time!

Tricia how are you ? Doing workouts ?

Alisha ~ Keeping my fingers crossed for the potential job in Santa Ana. I hope you get it.

My workouts have been good and consistent. It's been long runs on Sundays, weight workouts on Monday, 3-4 mile runs on Wednesday, circuit or cardio/strength workouts on Thursday and running workouts on Saturday.

The weather has been pretty decent but it's getting into summer down here - lows in the 6o's and 70's and highs in the 90's.

Today was a 6 mile run. I will be doing a 8K race on Memorial day.

Hi girls!

Alisha - Did you get that job?

Jane - Congrats to you and your sister on your race times!

Still in PT. Sigh. My neck has been great, but my shoulder and arm are being stubborn. They are better, but not completely right yet. Golf is going great and my pain isn't bothering my game any more. That's a good thing. Started paddleboarding and am loving it!

I'm in a vicious circle. I want to work out, but I don't want to add pain to my pain I already have. However, I feel like that pain would be better if I worked out! lol It makes me dizzy thinking about it! I'm also afraid new pain will make the old pain worse. I believe this fear is what's been holding me back from starting workouts again. I should just do it and see what happens. The worse thing that could happen is that I have to keep going to PT, right?

Anyway, that's about all that's new. Stephen leaves for Chicago next Wednesday. He comes back the following Sunday and leaves on Monday to go to Vietnam to present a paper at a finance conference there. He won't be back from there until June 15th. I will enjoy the time alone!

Have a great night and have a fabulous weekend! (Just in case I don't get back here before then!)

I have been doing my workouts. Last night was my running buddy's birthday so it was her choice for the mileage. We did 4 miles, which is what we normally do but have been slacking off the last couple of weeks. After work runs are hard for me. Tonight is my sister's 57th birthday (same as my running buddy) so we are doing a specially designed workout for her birthday, a circuit with 57 seconds of work/21 seconds of rest. It should be fun.

Tricia ~ You need to focus on what you can do...golf and paddleboarding. Also, you should try to workout and then when you feel pain, stop and document it with the exercise that you are doing and where you feel pain. Then you can give your PT or doc more information that might help to diagnose or treat you better (I was listening to doctor radio this morning on XM and they talk about sports medicine on Thursdays). Anyway that is my advice. Keep on trucking! Tell Stephen to have fun in Chicago and eat lots of great food!

Hi Alisha ~ Hope you are doing well!

I am getting over my infection by taking turmeric and garlic oil and goldenseal. My ears look great but now I am getting chimp in style cheeks from my glands. Bleh. I am in town for a seminar. It's not too bad. Forgot my driver's license at home, but I did remember my ipad.

I went for a hike on Wednesday.

It's overcast, cool, and 68 degrees. We had thunder and light rain this morning. So weird for this time of year.

Jane- the 57 second ckt sounds like fun.

Tricia - I hope the PT fixes it and you enjoy your time by yourself. Although it might be nice to have a boyfriend, I do like being the master of my life without worrying about anyone else.

Yesterday my sisters and I did "Murph" - 1 mile run, 100 jumping pull ups, 200 push ups, 300 squats and 1 mile run. I did better on the push ups this year. I started them first and did more up front. Last year they gave me trouble. Today is a rest day and tomorrow is a 8K race.

Alisha ~ I hope you feel better soon! Turmeric is so good for you. I use it in many recipes and sprinkle it over my veggies before I roast them.

Hi Tricia.

The ears look great, but my allergies hit me like a truck and I have had chipmunk face for four days now. I had to take benadryl, which makes me get fat! ugh.

Tricia we haven't heard yet whether or not we will get the job.

Jane the turmeric is making all the difference. My ears haven't looked this good in three years!

I went to Big 5 to get shoes, but they didn't have the color I wanted. Then I went to the dollar store and what did I find? Taebo DVD 'Get Celebrity Fit Cardio'. Not bad for a buck.

There will be a new thread tomorrow.

I missed the whole week! It was a busy one though. I am not online as I used to be. New job is going well but busy and have to stop in the mornings and afternoons to put on and take off mom's compression sock. Sisters and I take turns.

My race on Memorial day went well although I did my worst 8K time ever but I did feel good. I also was 1st in my age group (small race, only twinny and I in our age group) and got a nice trophy. Tuesday was a rest day. Wednesday I was suppose to go running but it was rainy. I could have done something else but didn't. I worked out Thursday, yesterday and this morning was a 7 mile run.

Alisha ~ I'm glad the turmeric worked. I wish my mom could take it but she is on a blood thinner and since it thins the blood .....yikes...she had to stop using it. Good job on the 3 miles. Taebo...still have a soft spot for that workout as it got me on the path of working out and wellness.

I can't believe it's June 1 tomorrow!

Hi girls!

Alisha - Sorry you've been having so much trouble with your allergies! Mine have been a bugger lately too! Too much pollen and not enough rain.

Jane - What you advise makes sense. I figure if I throw in a workout when I can't be outdoors that'll be enough for now. I do still need to get my eating under control! Wow! Yikes! Bleh! lol

Glad you had a great Murph workout. That is one toughie! Haven't done that in I don't know how long, but I remember how hard it was and that was when I was in shape! Yikes!

Glad you had a good race! Nothing wrong with winning in your age group no matter what the circumstances are (except cheating, of course - lol)!

Stephen is on his way home from Chicago now. He flight was delayed. I assume due to the weather in our area. We have rain and storms moving in. He'll be home overnight, then off tomorrow to Newark so he can catch his flight to Vietnam on Tuesday morning. He's staying with a friend overnight. You know that means I'll be playing a lot of golf or practicing on the range a lot. I'm soooo addicted! I put a new grip on my putter last week - one of those super grips that are fatter to take the wrists out of the putt. (Not that I expect you to know what I'm talking about!) Yeah, I've really got the bug!

Anyway, good to chat today! Sorry I've been out a lot. So happy summer has finally arrived here - sort of. Ha, ha!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.