Jogglers June 2016

Hi Jane!

4th of July is the worst around here! RI is so small, you can hear the fireworks from every community!

Funny, but I do know what you mean about your toe "being there."

The weather was so cool, rainy and cloudy this weekend that my regular golf group canceled our round for Saturday. I was really looking forward to it. So, I did something I haven't done in ages, I went to a movie by myself! Saw Independence Day 2. It was good. I was agog at how much it cost and I even went to the matinee! Yikes! Well, I'll be doing it again in a couple of weeks when Star Trek Beyond comes out
Not much else going on.

Starting my workouts again and working in raw food again, too.

Hi Alisha!

Happy Hump Day!

I worked out Saturday and Sunday. Sunday I ran 7 miles and my toe did not bother me until around mile 4. It bothered me the rest of the day but felt better on Monday. I guess that's the way it's going to be for a while which is fine with me. It's getting better!

Monday I did an upper body weight workout which I am still feeling today. Yesterday was a rest day and today will be a 3-4 mile run after work if it does not rain. We've had some rainy afternoons lately.

I'm glad you went to a movie by yourself. I have not been to a movie theatre since May of 2007. That's when things started to go crazy with my aunt, then my dad and now my mom. I just don't have the time to go to movies anymore.

Hi Alisha ~ I hope all is well.

I did 25 minutes of yoga yesterday. My chiropractor is in New Zealand for a month and I am proceeding cautiously because he is not here to put me back together again if I hurt myself.

Jane great job on your workouts!

Tricia I had a good time seeing Independence Day.

My toe is much better but my hip that bothered me before my banged my toe and went away has come back. Maybe I need to bash it again. Ran last night but it was hot and my hip hurt. I've been stretching but when I tried to foam roll last night.....YIKES! I will try again tonight.

Alisha ~ I hope the month goes by quickly for you!! :)

Hi Tricia.

I'm here. Work has been crazy busy and I've been tired at nights.

I have been working out. I ran 3.5 miles last night. It was 94 degrees with a heat index of 105. It was slow going with some walks in between but we got it done. I am working out tonight but don't have the workout yet. It will be hot again today but with low humidity and not a lot of rain.

My hip has been better but still hurt running last night. I have been stretching and rolling every night.

Working towards my beach vacation on the 8/20. It can't come fast enough.

Hi Alisha. I hope the training is fun and interesting.

Hi Tricia.

Hi Alisha!

I hope your training has been going well and you are doing okay without your chiropractor! Thank you for posting that article on my Facebook page! Maybe that'll keep me motivated to move! I can tell I've lost muscle mass. I really need to get to work! It will be a long, slow road, but it'll be worth it if I can get moving and keep it up1

Hi Jane!

You have had a hot summer! Our temps have been in the mid-90s too, which is really hot for up here! Sorry your hip has been bothering you and I hope the foam rolling and stretching helps to fix it without you having to go to the doctor or PT!

I've been doing okay. Stephen will be back from teaching in Vietnam in a couple of weeks. Seems like he's been gone forever! He's been gone 2 months now and I have 4 months left here. He starts teaching on the 22nd, but won't get a first paycheck until the end of September. I hope they pay him well for the job in Vietnam! I'm tired of being poor!

Luckily, I"m doing a side project for one of our attorneys outside of the office and he's paying me in cash for that so I can keep playing golf a little and go to the occasional movie. I need entertainment!

Hi ladies!

Alisha - So sorry about the rash! I hope you are getting better! That must be so uncomfortable!

Jane - Hope you are doing okay! How's the hip? Vacation is only 14 days away for you! I know you are super excited!

I signed a Listing Agreement to sell my house on Thursday. Finally! I hope to be able to sell it before I leave in December! It's such an overwhelming task to keep the house in order for showing while trying to pack as I go and work full time! Sometimes, when I think about it, I start to have anxiety attacks because I have no idea how I'm going to get it all done alone!

I trimmed the front shrubberies this morning and it doesn't even look like I did anything! Sigh.

My realtor is the best in this area. I am a little disappointed though. His son, who is also a realtor, was supposed to put the for sale sign out on Friday. It has yet to be put up. I hope he gets to it on Monday! It's bad enough I procrastinated for 2 months to get it on the market! I need them to be on the ball!

I just hope everything falls into place.

I'm going to go see Star Trek Beyond again tomorrow! lol Yeah, I'm a real Trekkie!

Hi!

My hip is better. It hurts a bit but I can run without it hampering me. I am still stretching it every night.

I am working out and just got myself a new punching bag which I always wanted. My company gives us an allowance to buy equipment, do races and sign up for gym memberships so it was free! I love it.

Tricia ~ great job in getting the house on the market. I remember living at home when we were moving to Georgia and I had to make my bed every day. I never made my bed but I guess the habit stuck because I make my bed every day now. Just remember everything is flowing as it should. Take one moment at a time, one day at a time.

I have 10 days of work to get through before vacation gets here. I think I'm going to make it.

Alisha ~ I hope your rash gets better soon. That's awful. Take care of yourself!

Have a great Sunday!

Tricia I hope that your house sells quickly! What an adventure you and Stephen are having, moving across the country, and changing jobs!

Jane I hope that your hip is ok.

My rash is gone. I fell out of bed and now I have a mild cold. My chiropractor is back from his trip down under, and I have an appointment to see him on Thursday. I have been working on reducing clutter, but I am to the point where I am at a loss for what to get rid of next. It's really hard.

I am on countdown to vacation. Four more work days to go. We leave on Saturday. I am looking forward to some rest and relaxation.

My hip is much better. I continue to stretch it every night. My sister and I just sign up for our first 25K. It's a trail race in January. We are very excited!

I have been working out and I have changed my diet a bit so I'm starting to see some positive changes. I'll try not to do too much damage while I'm on vacation. I'm bringing my kettlebells though and we are renting bikes so I'll be able to stay active.

Tricia ~ I hope your house sells fast. Property is selling very fast down here. I'm not sure why but it seems to be an fairly active market. It will be a positive adventure for you.

Alisha ~ I'm glad your rash is gone. I'm sorry about your cold though. Good luck on reducing the clutter. I try to do that a lot. I have a small house with no garage thus not a lot of storage. I'm not as interested in "stuff" as I was when I was younger. All I want is books and my fitness equipment. I am constantly going through stuff and getting rid of it but I admit it is hard to let go of some things.

Hi girls!

Alisha - Glad to hear from you! Goodness! I can't remember the last time I fell out of bed! Hope you're okay! Glad your chiropractor is back!

Jane - Happy Birthday! Hope you enjoy your vacation! You certainly deserve it! It's exciting that you're doing a 25k race! Can't wait to hear more about the training and the race, once it comes!

Thank you for all the positive vibes! I, too, hope the house sells quickly! Even if I have to live out of my car, I'll be glad to be out from under the mortgage and expenses of this house ASAP!

I have my friend from DC visiting. She leaves tomorrow. It just seems like such a short visit, but it's been good to see her!

Have a great night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.