Jogglers June 2016

Summer has arrived here too but you have us beat. It's in the 90's here already.

My baby toe made it through the 8K race but it hurt the entire way. I'm not sure how I ran it but I did. I was over 3 minutes slower than last year but took 3rd in my age group. I went home and iced my toe. It's better but still healing.

I was suppose to run yesterday but I did an ab and leg workout instead.

Happy Almost Summer! (tee,hee)

It hasn't quite hit here. I golfed last night and it got chilly!

Alisha - Still no word from your doc? Hope you are doing okay! I'm glad he has at least pinpointed the cause!

Jane - Sorry about your toe! My doc told me I broke my baby toe when I told her I hit it on the radiator and it had been bruised and painful for a few weeks. That was my first ever break of any bone! Glad it was just a baby toe! Glad you made it through your race and still managed to place! There's really nothing to do but keep going. Resting isn't going to do much. Just don't whack it again! That's the trick really, in my case anyway!

Crazy times here! We packed and loaded Stephen starting last Friday. Spent my whole holiday weekend dong the same, but I did play golf Saturday morning. We were still packing and loading through Wednesday and he left Thursday morning. He got all moved in today, but I'm sure he'll be unpacking boxes for a few days at least.

Not much else going on except, now, I have a total mess to clean up in the house! He left all kinds of trash and junk all over that I have to take care of. Sigh. When I was younger, I could handle all this stuff and take it in stride. Now, I'm stressing at how much there is to and I still also have to get the house on the market as soon as possible. Just gotta suck it up I guess and do it a bit at a time since there are no such things as cleaning gremlins that will come in while I sleep and take care of it for me! lol

Have a great weekend you two! I'm still waiting for summer . . .

Well, I got some of the news from my doctor. I had a virus, I am not contagious, I have no living virus in my body, my liver was damaged in the process, and I have a few mild gal stones. And, I have PCOS too. And, non-alcholic fatty liver. The treatment is to lose weight (yeah, I hate doing that), eat smaller meals throughout the day, exercise, and to eat clean and avoid all alcohol and processed foods. So, basically back to the grindstone, and no- it's not all in my head. These issues show up as androgenizing hormones, no periods, poor balance (which is why I had fallen several times over the last two years), lethargy, inability to digest meals late in the day, and generally a very hard time losing weight. (Seriously, if I could just lose weight I wouldn't have these problems, but the doctors say if I would just watch my calories, I could lose weight. But, my body adapts within 24 hours!!! GAHHHH). So. . . Back to the grindstone: count calories, eat well, and cross my fingers.

In other news: I went to Sports Authority (which is going out of business) and picked up an extra yoga brick, and an extra FT4 Polar heart rate monitor. It's pink. My other one is kind of a champagne color.

I also did 30 minutes of step aerobics with Cathe this morning. Since I have been drinking dandelion tea, my digestion has been improving.

Tricia- We need cleaning Gremlins!! I have to clear out some clothing too. I have it separated, I just have to donate it. Why does that seem like such a monumental task? I don't know, it just does.

Jane- I am sorry you broke your toe.

Rainy days and Mondays...it's rainy today and it's Monday....so....

Alisha ~ I'm glad you finally heard from the doctor and that it isn't all in your head. I'm sorry it has to be about losing weight and all that stuff. Wait until you hit menopause. It's sounds like the same thing. Good job on the workout and drinking good tea!!

Tricia ~ I wish I lived closer. I would come and help you. I love to clean and throw out stuff. Ok...I like throwing stuff out more than cleaning. I remember when my aunt passed away and we had to clean out her house. It seemed like such a large task but we focused on one room at a time for only a couple of hours on the weekend. It made the task less daunting. Of course there were more than one person doing the job.

My toe was getting better until this morning. It hurts for some reason...maybe the pressure from Tropical Storm Colin. I'm not sure. It feel great on Saturday. I put my running shoe on Sunday morning but it still hurt so I took it off and did another workout. At least the bruising is all gone but there still is some swelling. I broke my middle toe a couple of years ago. I remember hearing it crack but it wasn't as bad as this one. I hope it's better by Saturday because I have a 10K race.

Last edited:
Back when my toe was broken(12 years ago now) it always hurt a lot more when there was a storm. Ouchie!

I am going to workout later today.

My toe got better on Monday so I think it was the storm. It's feeling much better. I just have a twinge or two every once in a while. I'm suppose to go running tonight but I'm going to do something else instead. I want to do the 10K race on Saturday so I'm saving it until then.

I hope all is well you guys!

I heard from my doctor. Apparently, many years ago I had a viral infection which damaged my liver. I was able to kill the infection, which is rare. Most people need to be on medicine for 6 months. I'm like an elite forces army ranger and my bad ass immune system kicked it's ass. I no longer have any of the RNA in my system. But, I did sustain damage to my liver and I have to really eat clean, abstain from all alcohol, and lose weight because if I don't I could get sick. I'm really struggling with my weight, I think I need to increase the intensity and of my workouts.

Earlier in the week I did a Christi Taylor aerobics DVD, followed by foam rolling. This morning I did Beginner's Yoga with Desi Bartlett. I had an appointment with my chiropractor and now I'm resting from all that excitement.

Jane I hope your toe is feeling a lot better. Enjoy your race!

How is it going Tricia? Did you get your house all cleaned up?

Alisha ~ Yippee for your bad ass immune system!! You got this!! Great job on the workout!!

My toe is getting better but not as fast as I would like. I did run the 10K on Saturday morning. It hurt less than the last time I ran. The pain was still there but it was minimal. I think the heat did me in and the fact that I hadn't run in over a week. The race was a bit disorganized. They started 20 minutes late and gave no instructions at all. There were 4 races - half marathon, 10K, 5K and 1 mile. The half marathon and the 10K started together and then the 5K was suppose to start 30 minutes later but people didn't know that because they didn't announce it. Apparently they forgot about the 1 mile until someone reminded them. There were bad reviews on Facebook and before they took down the page people said they waited 2 hours for the 10K awards and then left. I checked the results and both my sister, friend and I all place so my sister is going to email them to see if we can get our awards.

On Sunday I did a workout with squats, med ball elephants, push ups and rope slams.

Hi Tricia ~ Hope all is well with you.

Jane I'm glad that your toes getting better. I'm sorry that it still hurting.

Trisha how are you have you had a workout?

On Sunday I tried a step work out with a different instructor named Jenny Ford. I tried her step-by-step three. I use my high step instead of my circuit stop. It was a different size. I had to adjust my steps a little bit. Yesterday, I went to see the chiropractor. I always get a little bit of a Herxheimer reaction so I am taking it easy today. I'm a do some yoga later.

Hi girls!

Sorry about not being around. It has been a very difficult 2 weeks, but I'm trying to survive it all!

Alisha - At least you finally have some answers! Great that you have such a strong immune system! It's going to be tough, but I know you can do all you have to in order to get things under control! If you can do it, so can I! We will work on it together!

Jane - I hate unorganized events! It's frustrating! Glad your toe is feel better, but I know what you mean about it taking so long!

I have NOT gotten all my cleaning done. I had to drag the mower out and mow today. I need a weed whacker though. It's the first time I've had to do yard work in many, many years. I don't like it. It aggravates my allergies, but, you gotta do what you gotta do.

I have a nice, neat workout area now, but have yet to hit that either! I'm such a slug. However, Alisha, you are going to be my motivation! I know you've got an uphill battle and I'm going to climb that mountain with you until it turns into a teenie, weenie molehill!

I did get some clothes sorted out today, but I still need to tackle my closet. I want to have the house on the market by the first week in July.

He's only been gone 2 weeks, but it feels like 2 months! I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it until December! I'm really hoping the house sells fairly quickly so I can use that as an excuse to go sooner.

Work was brutal last week and, apparently, while I was at lunch Friday, there was a big stink about my "unavailability" to 2 of the attorneys who think they are the be-all of the office. We are supposed to have a meeting between them, Matt (the partner who actually runs the office), Sue (she and I back each other up in real estate) and me. I don't know if it's going to be Monday or when, but I made some notes of things to bring up. I'm going to lay it all out there because, what can they do? Fire me? I'm leaving anyway. Matt said it'll all be alright, but this was, we can get all the issues out and things can be laid out for everyone so no one can say they don't know what's going on and what the priorities are.

The problem is that these two are father and son and the father is teaching the son to be just like him, which is to think he comes first no matter what else is going on in the office. I'm so sick of it! I really can't wait to leave! They will regret it when I'm gone because (not to think I'm the best worker in the world or anything) it will take at least 2 to replace me for all I do in there and all the expertise I'll be taking with me. Plus, most of the time, I don't need a lot of instruction to get things done. They will have to spell everything out for anyone coming in behind me.

Sigh. I'll be glad when this is all over! I'm NOT going into the legal field again when I move.

Happy Monday!

I am tired today even though I had a lazy weekend. I did run a 5 mile race on Saturday but it was it my hometown so I could sleep in until 6:15. It was the 2nd annual but so well run and organized (unlike the previous week). They had great volunteers. Unfortunately my running fitness level has declined since I have only run 2 times since May 22 and the heat and hills made it one tough race for me. They had 2 races but only 20 people in the 5 mile race. I finished second to last and my sister third to last. My sister ended up getting Grandmasters and I took 1st in our age group but I was the only one in my age group. At least I beat someone that was 28. I have one more race on Saturday and nothing until August. My toe really didn't bother me too much in the race or the rest of Saturday but when I tried to run yesterday it was protesting a bit so I decided not to run.

Alisha ~ I had to look up what herxheimer reaction was so now I know. It's fun to try new instructors and workouts.

Tricia ~ You have a lot on your plate right now. I'm sorry you have to deal with work issues as well. At least you won't be there much longer. Do they know you are leaving?

Well, duty calls. Have a great day!

Last edited:
Hi Jane!

It's always nice to be able to sleep in, although, I couldn't really call 6:15 sleeping in! Not in my book anyway! lol

It's tough to run a race if you're not staying consistent with running! I sure know that! It's awesome that you can still get through a race with a busted toe and not being in top running condition!

They do know I'm moving. They don't like it, but even if I didn't have to move, I would be looking for another job. I'm so done with being treated so badly.

To top things off, I went to go in to work today and all four of my tires were showing low with one looking almost completely flat. I had to get a friend/co-worker to pick me up to take me to work and her husband to pick up my car to check it out. There were no punctures. He said someone had to have let the air out. One of them was almost 20 lbs. low and the other three were about 10 lbs. low. I really don't need to be having to deal with this kind of stuff right now.

Our meeting at work went okay. I called out Martin's son about his terrible work ethic and practices and Sue (the other paralegal who does real estate work with me) backed me up. I know nothing's going to change, but at least it's out there and his father got to hear it. Once they had to talk about their problems with us face to face, they completely backed off.

Hope the rest of this week is better and I don't have any more surprises waiting for me when I get up in the mornings!

Hi Alisha! Hope all is well!

UGG, it's that time of the month. I want to do is go face first into a plate of french fries or a tub of ice cream. I probably won't do that. I will exercise again in a day or two.

Trisha it's good to see that you're still alive!

It's been a long ttotm, and I have rested. I may get to work sometime tomorrow, so no workout if that is the case. It's about 100 degrees. Super hot, probably until September.

I'm here. Last week was a busy week at work.

I ran on Wednesday even though my toe hurt me. Then I took Thursday and Friday off and did a 5K trail race on Saturday. My toe felt really good. The race was hard because it's been dry here and the course was very sandy so it was tough. I did my worst 5K time ever but I don't get caught up times too much anymore. It was fun and I did it.

I worked out on Sunday and yesterday. Today is a rest day.

Tricia ~ I'm glad you got your say at work. Even if they don't change at least they heard you.

Alisha ~ I hope you are feeling better. It's been in the 90's here with heat indexes over 100. It's not super humid which is nice although we could use the rain. We'll be in the 90's until September too.

Hi ladies!

Alisha - Hope you recovered from ttotm okay! How do you feel since your chiropractor appointment?

Jane - Hope your toe is feeling much better by now!

Well, I had to take Milo to the vet a week and a half ago for some bad diarrhea and nausea. While there, they did blood work, Long story short, the vet said he had cancer and it was pretty advanced. That happened in the span of six months since his last visit. She gave him 2 weeks. We put him on steroids and he bounced back for a little bit. Today, I had him put to sleep. He went in my arms peacefully and happily. If I had waited, he would have suffered if not died home alone. He had blood-filled sacs throughout his body that could have ruptured into his abdomen. I'm glad I didn't wait any longer. He had some very happy days, but it was time. Didn't make it any easier. I've been crying tonight and will probably do so for a while. They will have him cremated for me and call me when his ashes are ready to be picked up. It's just me and Peanut now.

Hope you two fared okay through the 4th of July holiday. The pups and I barely did! It was loud and late both Sunday and Monday night. I expect we'll have more of the same for at least a week or two until all the neighbors burn through their supply of fireworks.

Take care you two!

TGIF!!

Tricia ~ I'm so sorry to hear about Milo. It was good of you to put him down so he did not have to suffer. {{{{HUGS}}}}.

I did not do anything last weekend. I worked out all 3 days but took it easy otherwise. The fireworks were so loud on 4th of July. We are only about 3 miles from downtown and they sounded so close. Then of course people starting shooting some off at around 12:30. Really? Some people did have to go to work the next day.

My toe is feeling much better but is not completely 100%. It doesn't necessarily hurt it's just there if you know what I mean.

Hi Alisha ~ I hope all is well with you.

Have a great weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.