Jogglers January 2016

RapidBreath

Cathlete
I hope that the two of you had a very good new year. I hope I'm not repeating a new thread.

I did 2 miles yesterday. I plan to do a workout tomorrow morning.

Happy New Year!

I did not get a lot of workouts done at the end of the year. I did workout on Saturday and yesterday my sister and I ran 10 miles. Tonight will be a weight workout.

I'm glad to be back to healthy eating and working out. I made of couple of batches of gluten free oat waffles yesterday to put in the freezer.

Last edited:
Good Morning! I took a rest day on Tuesday. Tonight will be a 3.5 mile run.

Alisha ~ good job with the workout.

Hi Tricia!

Goodness! Happy New Year!

I, too, am glad all the holiday goodies are out of the house! (Translation: Eaten by me and Stephen!)

I started ICE, but have not done anything for a few days. I need to! I can't see my feet when I look down! That's not so good!

5 weeks to my Florida golf trip with the girls! I can't wait! I really need to get my butt moving and keep it moving! I'd like to be down 10 pounds by my trip! What's not going to help that goal? I'm making tamales tomorrow! Just had the urge to do it, so I'll be spending all day in the kitchen. That's okay because it's supposed to rain all day anyway.

Not much else going on here except for me trying hard NOT to stress and worry about stuff. That's my goal for this year. I'm tired of worrying about every little thing! It's not good for me! This is also going to be the year I start working towards doing what makes me happy! I'm done putting my life and interests on the back burner! I deserve some happiness!

Anyway. Here's to a new year and a better year for all of us!

Happy Sunday!

Yesterday I did a kettlebell workout. I'm so sore. This morning was a 10 mile run. It was nice outside but getting colder tonight and tomorrow. Not sure if we will break down and put the heat on. So far we haven't put it on.

Tricia ~ Where are you going in Florida?

I am trying not to stress and worry this year as well. I have been having issues dealing with my mom's walking issues. She had spinal stenosis which she will not admit to having. She is in pain but keeps going to her physical therapist who is doing nothing for her. Then a couple of weeks ago she got on this kick where all of sudden she can't drive because she feels like her feet are falling out of her shoes when she drives so now it's a wild goose chase trying to find her shoes for her very hard to fit wide feet. Last Wednesday she called and told my sister that she couldn't walk but she could but was in pain. She won't see anyone about her stenosis or even go to someone regarding her pain. She keeps saying it's from her cancer treatments but it's not. It's so frustrating and I'm exhausted. We have to go to her house every day to put on and take off her compression socks. I love my mom but she can be so frustrating and stubborn. I'm just having a hard time with this. We have been care giving for 8 years. I feel selfish when I complain but I'm just so tired. Thanks for letting me vent.

Alisha ~ I hope you are doing well.

Wow. Hugs to you Jane!

I can't begin to imagine what you are gong through with your mom. That's a long time to care for someone! You have to take time to care for yourself, too. Don't feel guilty. We're here to listen and you can vent whenever you want! At least you have your workouts to help you work through the stress!

I am out of commission for a while, at least where cardio and leg work go. I finally went to my PT for my hip. She doesn't want me doing any leg work or cardio other than walking. Shes not 100% sure what's going on yet, but she thinks it may be FAI (femoroacetabular impingement). That could early hip osteoarthritis if it's not taken care of. So much for losing 10 lbs. by my trip next month.

We will be in Davenport, FL, close to Orlando. I'm going to meet up with my brother and sister to go see my mom one day while I'm in FL My brother is planning on getting her moved to a memory center closer to him in GA sometime this year.

I"m tired of being broken. Guess I'm going to try to get my butt outside in the cold to get some walking in. I'm grateful that our temps have not been as low as they were last January! OMG! We were in the negatives for wind chills. I really hope we don't get there this winter! I'm gad it's starting to stay light later! I can go to the bike path and walk after work and alternate that with upper body and core work until I get the all clear from my PT.

Anyway, that's my wonderful start to the year so far!

Hi Alisha! Hope you are doing well!

Hi girls! Tomorrow is Friday! Yay!

Went to PT again tonight. My therapist approved an indoor walking workout series by Jessica Smith for me. I'm so glad! I need to do some cardio at least and I don't like being out in the cold even though I have cold weather gear. I really hope to be fixed in a just a few weeks, but we shall see!

Hope you two are doing well!

Hi girls! Tomorrow is Friday! Yay!

Went to PT again tonight. My therapist approved an indoor walking workout series by Jessica Smith for me. I'm so glad! I need to do some cardio at least and I don't like being out in the cold even though I have cold weather gear. I really hope to be fixed in a just a few weeks, but we shall see!

Hope you two are doing well!

Thanks for letting me vent. Things are a bit better. Mom is able to drive now and I'm hoping she will see the doctor about her stenosis and get some options. At the very least, I would like to know what we can expect if she doesn't get treatment. I'm learning to take it day by day and I did have a talk with mom and emailed her as well on how I felt.

I have been getting my workouts in and yesterday I did mixed in some jump rope, rope slams and some other exercises. This morning was a 10 mile run. It rained earlier this morning so we got to sleep in a little longer. The sun came out and it was beautiful but we were sore so it was a slow run.

Tricia ~ I'm glad you can do some walking workouts. At least you will get some exercise. I hope you will be back to normal soon.

Hi Alisha ~ I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Last edited:
Hi ladies!

Jane - I'm glad your mom is doing better and you were able to talk things out with her.

So, I decided to check in with a chiropractor too to see if that will help me along. She ordered a ton of x-rays which I had done this morning. I see her again on Monday after work. Will let you know what happens there.

My PT almost killed me last night! She backed off on the exercises and did all manual work. She used the massage stick on my left quad after she poked around and hit a lot of really tender trigger points. They really hurt! After that, she dry needled me. So, I've been pretty sore today. Hoping I'll feel better tomorrow!

I can't believe my golf trip is only 3 weeks away now! Can't wait!

My husband has been at UConn full time for a whole week now. I'm so lonely. I think I'm finally getting used to it because tonight is the first night I haven't cried. 3 more weeks and he comes home. Of course, I'll be in Florida then.

Started a new hobby! I'm learning to do Zentangles! It's a free-form drawing style that doesn't require any real artistic skill. I like it! It's making me want to start coloring too! Apparently, adult coloring books are all the rage these days! It'll give me something to do besides sit on my butt and watch tv and movies all day and night!

Anyway, that's all that's going on here! Hope you two are doing well!

Miss you Alisha! Hope you are doing well!

Happy Monday!

Alisha ~ Welcome back.

Trisha ~ I'm glad you got some x-rays done. Maybe they can pinpoint some other things that are going on with you. Your trip to Florida is coming along really fast. It's nice to have something to look forward too. A friend gave me an adult coloring book but I haven't used it yet. I sometimes do coloring when I'm at the beach. It's very relaxing. I think our library has a free adult coloring night. I have not heard of Zentangles.

My sister and I completed a 10 mile trail run on Saturday morning. It was a blast. It was single track mostly and a bit flat in the beginning but at the end it was more technical with little hills and more roots. We both tripped a couple of days but did not fall. We ended up getting 2nd and 3rd in our age group (50-59). There were 4 runners in our age group. I now feel ready for the 1/2 marathon trail race we will be doing in March in Florida. I'm really excited for that. Even though I was sore, I did do a workout yesterday morning. A bit of running, jump rope, swings, squats and elephants. It helped to get the kinks out.

Jane congratulations on your trail run with your sister :)

Tricia I'm sorry that you're still suffering with pain how did the x-rays come out?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.