Jogglers April 2015

RapidBreath

Cathlete
Jane I'm glad that your sisters knee is getting better. It's Thursday again :)

Tricia I hope things are going well for you.

I did 30 minutes of step with Cathy this morning. I am getting back in the swing of things.

Happy April! I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend. It was a busy one for me but I did manage to get in a couple of workouts. Tonight was an total body weight workout. It was nice out tonight.

Alisha ~ I'm glad you are getting back in the swing of things!

Hi Tricia.

Hi Tricia! I hope you are getting your exercise!

Happy April Jane!

Easter was really quiet around here. We are just finishing up business stuff, we are up for a big contract in so cal. I'm not interested in moving, but I need work, so I will take what I can get. I haven't exercised due to the business stuff interfering with my mind. Not a good excuse but true.

I skipped my run yesterday because I was tired.

Here was tonight's workout. It was fun!
25 Squat Thrusts
30-20-10 Swings
30-20-10 Squats
21-15-9 Medball to Ground
21-15-9 KB Suitcase DL

Hi Alisha ~ I understand not being able to exercise due to business stuff. You got to do what you got to do, right? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. If it is right, everything will work out for the best.

Hi Tricia!

I have been hitting pretty hard with the workouts and loving it.

Here is Saturday's workout:
50 H2H Swings
50 Walking Lunges (50 total)
1/2 mile run
40 Push Press
40 Squats
1/2 mile run
25 Ball Slams
25 Swings
1/2 mile run
10 Thrusters
10 Squat Thrust DL
100 Jump Rope

Today was a 7.4 mile run.

Tomorrow will be a weight workout.

Hope you guys are having a great weekend!

Jane good job of hitting those hard workouts:)

Tricia I hope you are working it out :)

Stuff is kind of blowing up at work right now. I'm not sure that I like my coworkers very well right now. Things are not easy.

In other news, all of my DVDs from total fitness DVDs arrived. I am looking forward to trying them. Mostly I picked up Pilates or barre type workouts.

Wow...I have missed a lot of days. I have been working out and doing well. On Saturday I did a 5K in Andersonville National Historical Site which was a prison for Union Soldiers during the Civil War. It was a beautiful but hilly run. I took 2nd place in my age group.

On Sunday I ran 6 miles despite tripping and turning my ankle. It's a bit bruised but otherwise ok. On Monday I did a weight workout and tonight I will go for a run. After that it is a 2-day rest as I have a 10K on Saturday morning.

Last weekend was a blur...very busy. We have to help mom put on and take off a compression sock everyday so my sisters and I are splitting up the days of the week. I get up even earlier now.

Alisha ~ great job on your workouts! Keep up the good work.

Wow, good job on your 5k. I am sorry about your Mom's compression sock taking up a little time. I hope your ankle is a lot better come 10k race day.

I walked 3 miles.

Hi ladies!

No, I have not died, been in the hospital, nor have I been abducted by aliens again.

Alisha - Hope things are going well and the job in SoCal comes through for you! You guys are having a time with drought out there!

Jane - As ever, you are doing great with workouts! How is your sister doing?

Well, my story is that I'm back in PT with my neck (which is better) and my left arm and shoulder, which are not doing great. My PT thinks it's tendonitis in the biceps attachment point at the shoulder. I've also started deep tissue massage therapy. My HSA card will cover it so I'm going.

Started golfing again a couple of weeks ago, but we're pretty chilly here still. Highs are only in the 50s. We had a couple of beautiful days here and there, but we're not warm yet! Unfortunately, what's going on with my shoulder is affecting my golf game this time around. I hope we can nip that in the bud!

I've not been working out or eating right. I'm just a total mess right now!

On the bright side, it looks like we're seeing a bit of light at the end of the tunnel for Stephen. He should finish next year, assuming he gets his proposal accepted in July. Fingers crossed!

I've been having terrible difficulty with my eyes over the last few months, so I don't spend as much time on the computer after work as I used to. They get all gummy and irritated. Don't think I'm getting enough rest at night.

Anywhoo . . . hope you ladies are doing well. Don't give up on me!

Love you two!

I am going out to take pictures of ponies at the local rescue ranch, about five minutes from my house.

Tricia I was thinking you didn't love us anymore!

Jane how is your weekend? The 10k?

Tricia ~ We will not give up on you. Take one day at a time and things will work out. My sister is doing good. Her knee is better. She bought a Tommie Copper sleeve for her knee and it is working although not sure if she is just healing or if it's the sleeve but either way she is one the mend.

I did my 10K. My ankle was fine but I just tanked big time. I just wasn't feeling it. I ran with my sister though so it was fun. We haven't ran this course together so it was nice for a change. The course is hilly and challenging. We had some drizzle halfway though but it wasn't as bad as it could have been. My sister finished just before me. My worst time in the 8 years that I have been running it. I don't care so much about time anymore...I'm 53, menopausal :) and genetically not a runner. I just do my best! Next up is a 5K on Friday night. I will meet my friend there and get my medal from my last race.

Alisha ~ How did the pictures turn out? I love ponies and horses too!!

Alisha - I hope you got lots of beautiful pictures of the ponies! I think of you two all the time!

Jane - Glad to hear your sister's getting better! As long as you have fun running, that's all that matters!

Very busy these days between work, PT and golf! This week, I'm going to try adding in some workouts! Wish me luck!

Monday was an upper body workout. Tuesday rest day. Tonight was a 3.5 mile run. I had a busy day at work but managed to run pretty good tonight. It was cloudy and cool. Tomorrow is a rest day and Friday night is the Gnat Day 5K. It is suppose to be cool so hopefully the gnats will stay away.

Tricia ~ hope you get some workouts in this week.

Hi Alisha!

Busy girl, Jane! How is the "new" job going? Hope the Gnat Day race is fun and gnat free! lol

So far, no go on the workouts. Had PT tonight and golf tomorrow. Maybe I can get one in on Friday and Saturday. Playing 18 holes on Sunday and I walk it, so that'll be enough for me!

Hi Alisha!

I did enjoy my day with the ponies. I had to take a two days for rest because I got sick. Gross. So gross. I'm retaining water now. Bleh. I did 35 minutes of yoga this morning anyway. I like Shiva, she always makes me feel so tuned into the workout, more like a meditation than exercise.

I have been feeling the itch to joggle. Its the weather. There is a nice trail in Folsom that is pretty flat. I plan to give that a try.

Tricia I am so glad to hear from you! I hope that the shoulder/PT is better soon! Is it the golf that is hurting you? Have the PT peeps looked at your swing? Or is it hauling the golf bag around?

Jane I kind of hate gnats! I always end up inhaling them when they are out and I go for a joggle.

I am trying a Netflix dvd 'Beginning Mat Pilattes with Ana Caban'. I hope you two are enjoying your workouts.

I went to Big5 yesterday and bought two pairs of shoes: New Balance and Bearpaws.

The weather should be in the 70s all week. Its nice and sunny. I plan to try those new balances out at the park.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.