JOGGLERS APRIL 2013

syzygy314

Cathlete
Happy April 2nd! Glad no one hit me with any April Fool's jokes! I'm a sucker!

Did XTrain Cardio Leg Blast tonight because I don't have Lower Body Blast. I'm hoping that was a good trade off! Tomorrow is Kick Punch & Crunch, so I know I won't miss that one!

Hope you ladies are doing well!

I plan to do something barefoot today, maybe Shiva's Trance Dance workout. I earned some blisters helping my Dad move yesterday. I did not get an official workout but I moved lots of boxes. I think that counts.

I took my brother to Chevy's (instead of a bday meal on his bday.) I had the shrimp/crab enchiladas and they were a little heavy on the bell pepper. I was good, no desert and no extra appetizers.

My Dad is the one who is moving and I'm the one who is pooped.

I don't know what will happen tomorrow.

Tricia- Thanks for starting an April Thread. I barely noticed it was April.:eek: I think any Cathe lower body workout would sub. Great job on your workouts!

Jane- Hi!

Alisha

I ran 4 miles yesterday. Today is a rest day.

Alisha ~ Yes, moving boxes counts as a workout -- probably more than one workout. Good job on the eats.

Tricia ~ good job on the workouts.

Back to work for me.

Evening ladies!

Glad you found the new thread! I figured you were pretty busy Alisha! Didn't think you'd mind.

Alisha - Any moving experience counts for at least a double workout! Holy moly! Dance trance sounds great after all that moving!

Jane - Nice round 4 miles!

I was supposed to do KPC today, but tuckered out by 5 o'clock. It's okay. I'll pick it up tomorrow! I'm so tired. Have taken care of trash, dishes, washing the pups' blankies. They are in the dryer now. I'm ready for a nap!

You two have a good night! See you tomorrow!

Happy Friday Eve!

I can't wait for 5 o'clock tomorrow!

I did Kick, Punch & Crunch tonight. It was supposed to be yesterday's workout, but I took a 2 workout break! lol I'm beat! Everything is so sore from this week's workouts! It hurt to do kicks! Calves and hamstrings are so sore!

Had to go with one of the attorneys to hospice today to visit a client. She wanted to change her Will. I was expecting something really bad, but, although she was very frail, she was still mentally sharp and bright. It was hard to understand her because she had a gurgling in her throat from a tube. It took a while. I couldn't work in that type of environment. Bless those people!

As promised, I put in for my mileage. It was 21.5 miles round trip because it was way on North Main Street in Providence. I wasn't giving them all that gas and wear and tear on my personal car! Usually, I would ride with the attorney, but he had other places to go and things to do, so I had to take my own car. Now, let's see how long it takes for them to reimburse me.

Hope you two have had a great day!

TGIF!

Here is my workout from last night. It was a smoker. My arms are killing me today. I did the Mr. Spectaculars with 2-25# kettlebells. Thankfully there only 4 reps at time.

3 Rounds
64 Swings
32 Plank Taps or Push ups (I alternated on the rounds)
16 Double kettlebell Pressess
8 Squat thrust DL
4 Mr. Spectacular
2 One-arm swing, squat, press, OH lunge - (each side)

Then we walked around the block with 2-18# kettlebells

Here is tonight's workout.

Max # of rounds in 30 minutes
100 Jump Rope
40 Rope Slams
200m Med ball run

Tricia ~ I love KPC. I haven't done it in a long while though. Being a hospice nurse is hard. We had them come to the house for my dad and my aunt.

I hope you get paid for your mileage soon. We have been very bad about paying expenses but most everyone has an business credit card and the company paid them directly. It was hard to get your mileage and personal expenses from them because we didn't have the money. Things have been better financially but I don't know if it will stay that way.

Hi Alisha!

Jane - Nice workouts! I'll bet your arms are dead tired! Woo!

If my employer doesn't want to pay my mileage, I won't go again unless the attorney drives. They usually do, but David had other things to do afterwards and didn't want to go back to the office to drop me off. I really think he just didn't want to have to clean his car out! lol He is a mess! I don't know how he functions!

Didn't work out tonight. Came home and relaxed. Made some red clam sauce and pasta for dinner. Now just hanging out and watching tv. So tired! Today was busy in the afternoon due to a mess of a file. Took way too much time out of the attorney's day and mine. It was crazy! At least it's over for 2 days! Weekends need to be longer!

Hi Alisha!

Friday was a rest day because I got a spider bite on Thursday night and I had to take benadryl. Lets just say it makes me loopy! I plan to go for a jog/hike + Solar Yoga.

I went to the juror website and I have been cut loose until next week.

Tricia- Great job on your workouts!!

Jane- That looks like a tough workout.

Alisha

Alisha - How terrifying! It would freak me out so badly to get bitten by a spider! Yikes! Glad no jury duty for you for the week! Stephen got a notice that he's on for a year beginning in July. Basically, here, they put you on the list and you can be called anytime for that year. It sucks. I got called 2 years after we moved here. I only had to go for a week, but it was a pain the butt! Stephen can't afford to lose time from school. Wonder if he can get off somehow. We shall see.

Haven't done much this weekend, but I MUST get in the garden today and prep it for planting which I need to do in a week or so.

Hi Jane!

I took today as a rest day. I'm a tad sore from yesterday's hills. This week is ttotm anyway, so its ok to rest a bit. I plan to get some yoga this evening. I try to get those road work style workouts and the yoga right up until ttotm because once its ttotm, I'm not doing any of that. Then its just belly dancing and easy step workouts. No impact at all. No yoga (so I don't get light headed).

I went to the grocery store. I bought myself a nice piece of kerry gold butter. yummo on fresh bread. Now, I'm not going to only eat it on bread, there is always summer squash.

I will workout tomorrow.

Tricia- That just stinks, being on a list for a whole year, just how are you supposed to commit to work??? What do you plan to plant in the garden this year?

Jane- How was your day?

Alisha

Happy Monday!

I meant to post yesterday but the day got away from me.

Saturday was a rest day. I took mom shopping in Tally so we hit a health food store, Costco, Fresh Market and Publix. I notice that I now tend to buy more food at specialty stores and buy less at the regular grocery store.

Yesterday I ran 9 miles and then made lunch and prepped for the week, wash 2 bathroom floors, washed the kitchen floor, did a load of rugs in the washer, folder 2 loads of laundry, dusted the living, dining and my bedroom and cleaned out 3 dresser drawers. Then my sister called and I talked to her for a while. Then the day was just about over.

Today will be a leg workout.

Alisha ~ I'm glad your spider bite wasn't serious. Benadryl makes me loopy too. Whenever I get bit by something strange I always take benadryl.

I hope you don't have to go to jury duty although I did find my experience to be interesting. Six months after I sat on that jury I was called to federal court which was a civil rights case which I would have loved to have heard but I was cut loose. Jury duty is much easier down here than where I used to live. Cook County is a huge and sometimes you would get stuck going to the South side which isn't the best neighborhood. The courthouse here, both county and federal are within 5 minutes from my house so that makes it nice. The Federal court paid good too!

Tricia ~ That's crappy that you are on call for a whole year. You can get out of jury duty. I have in the past but they will keep calling you until you go. I got called so many times when I lived in Illinois. My sister never got called.

Hope you got your garden prepped. My mom said we can do a raised garden in her yard. My yard is big but not really situated for a raised bed. So we are going to plan that out but not sure if we can get it ready for summer.

The four blueberry plants that we bought last year at the blueberry festival are doing well. We have blueberries. I'm so excited. We basically planted them and ignored them for the winter. It also looks like we will get more than one lemon this year. I counted at least 15 little lemons and it is still blooming. Looks like a bumper crop of oranges too. We want to get a peach and lime trees sometime this year.

Well back to work.

Jane- I love lemons and blueberries. They make great muffins together!

My goodness you were busy yesterday. Its ok that you forgot to post, after all of that I would have forgotten too.

I'm glad that bite didn't turn serious too. My cousin Maragrete's husband, John, had a terrible run in with a black widow nest. All the babies swarmed him in the garage and he was found by his son (thank goodness!) and they called 911. He died a couple of times but they got him back. He is ok now, but his leg has never been the same since. Its kind of blue.

I am doing a kick box workout, probably Kathy Smith's Aerobox, this afternoon. I have to go to the credit union to deposit a check and stop at the health food store for Tart cherry juice. It seems to be helping my ears.

Tricia-What yummy raw food did you make today? Did you get a workout?

Alisha

Alisha - Ick! I hate TTOM! Rest is good. I decided to plant tomatoes (beefsteak and cherry - I like the little ones in my salads), bell peppers, habanero peppers, lacento kale, baby salad mix, arugula and spinach. Lots of greens! I eat so many these days! Decided against squash and cukes this year as yummy as they were because they take up so much room and I think that's why everything else died except for my salad greens and kale. Even my spinach didn't make it last year. :( I'm hoping to do better this year!

I've been sticking with my green smoothies in the mornings and I had some Chinese Un-Stir Fry for dinner last night with leftovers for lunch. I made a raw lemon cheesecake this weekend and it's divine! Stephen thought it was just okay. :p More for me!

Jane - Dang! You were a housecleaning fool! Can you come do my house? :D
Jury duty is going to be so tough for Stephen. He really can't afford to be away from school. If he gets called at all, I hope it's during the part of the summer when he's not at school. I'd prefer they didn't need to call him at all!

Our courthouses are in okay areas, but parking is a pain! You either have to pay a fortune to take the bus which is not very good. Our public transportation system stinks up here.

I did get the garden prepped, but there are no plants out at the stores yet, so I ordered my seeds instead. It's going to be at least 3 more weeks before they get seedlings around here and they are much more expensive than getting seeds!

Glad your blueberries and lemon trees are doing well! That's very exciting!

I did not work out today. I planned to run because it was a beautiful day! I had to rush to repack my bag (still had cold weather gear in it) because I was almost running late to get back to work at lunch and I forgot my headphones. :( I can't run without my music and/or my running program! Going to try for it again tomorrow! We're supposed to hit 70! We get one more nice day, then cool off to 50s again. It's that time of year when the temp rollercoasters all over the place for several weeks.

See you two tomorrow!

Tricia- That sounds like a tasty salad!!! I'm down for that lemon cake! I'm sorry your workout got postponed. I can't do a run without my earbuds and a podcast either. I hate having the wind go in my ears, it causes pain for me so I use the buds as a sort of ear plug. We are supposed to hit 70 today and then it will peak at 80 tomorrow but come back down for the next 8 days after that to the 60s. Our spring is usually about 2 or 3 weeks and then we get summer. I already bought myself a cool max pillow and a cool mattress topper:eek:

I thought I was going to use the treadmill today but I'm not sure what will happen at all. I have to go talk to my brother. So, last night my Dad forgot his Cpap at the apt. He had come home thinking he would stay over but then he had to turn around and borrow my Mom's car to get there. He came home with my brother. So, now my brother drove Mom to work this morning. I have to go with Britt down to the apt (about 2 hours away) to get Mom's car in enough time to get back up here to pick her up from work at 4 pm. Sheesh. This is all because without my Dad's cpap he is a crazy man.

And on top of that my Mom's old boss died on Saturday. Her name was Tammy, she was only 51 years old:(. That explains why I had a spontaneous crying/shaking on Saturday night moment. I didn't know what it was about.

So, now I have to go speak to my sleeping brother, who will be crabby, and tell him that we have to leave at least 3 hours before 4 pm, not 2. So I can pick Mom up at her work at 4 pm. I feel like I'm doing one of those dreadful word problems in algebra class.

I hope I get a workout today. I don't know if it will happen.

Alisha

update

Older brother was not crabby. go figure.

I have not worked out yet. I had a late snack at The Black Bear Diner with my Dad. I had just some soup and a bit of a black beary (no misspell) cobbler. I'm regretting it. My tummy is hating the soup. Yuck. It tasted fine but the tummy is rejecting it. I feel sick. Otherwise I did well on my eats. I had oats for breakfast, took my own PBB (peanut butter and banana on oat nut bread). This is the second time I've had something smokey (there was bacon in the soup) and it has made me super sick. I wonder if the 'smoke' is artificial and is making me sick. I don't do well with fake food.

I hope that it improves. I took some papaya enzymes. If it does improve by 9 pm, I will do the rest of 'Liquid Grooves' which is Petra Kolber's Tai Chi style workout. Its very soothing.

Tomorrow will be more sedate. Less running around.

Catch ya later.

Good Morning!

I took yesterday as a rest day. I got 50 bales of pine straw that I have to put down on Saturday! YIKES!!

Today will be a 4 mile run.

Alisha ~ I hope you feel better today. I'm glad that your brother wasn't crabby! I'm sorry to hear about your mom's old boss. 51 is young because that is my age and Tricia's too! (((HUGS)))

Tricia ~ Cleaning my house was only the tip of the iceberg. I have so much to do inside and out but lots of maintenance stuff like replacing doors and some wood, gutting both bathrooms and the kitchen for that matter. I turned the a/c on for the first time this year and it is working. The unit is 19 years old. I had someone out to look at it in 2010 and he said it's fine for now but it will be going soon. I don't think they last more than 20 years. At least the unit I have.

Well...duty calls. Have a great day!

I did the rest of Liquid Grooves last night before bed.

I have to go make a deposit and then I plan to come back home and do a workout. I might stop at the library.

Monday was kind of a downer. My favorite used book store closed. :(:(:(
Yesterday afternoon I went to the co-op. I got some polenta, tart cherry juice, organic happy pig pork chops (local, and super happy), and organic frozen corn (it was on sale).

Jane- That sounds like a big job, to gut the kitchen/bathroom. Be sure to wear the right dust mask. The dust is a killer. My Dad is always on us about wearing our masks (he works construction.)

Tricia- So. . .whats on the menu?

Alisha

Evening ladies!

Missed yesterday. Sorry.

Alisha - What a mess! All that calculating and driving back and forth. Yuck! Sorry your tummy didn't like the food you ate. I find myself reacting worse to fake food more now too when I eat it and this has been a bad week for it too. Stress and frustration at work and no workouts.

So sorry about Tammy! It's terrible. This is why I do my best to eat so well and take care of myself! Well, except for the workouts right now. Still struggling with that. I'm ready to kick that needle on the broken record forward a groove!

Glad you got a little something soothing done. I hate when my favorite shops close! That stinks!

Food wise, I've been using tried and true recipes. I was going to make the vegetable risotto tonight, but ended up at work late, again today and that screwed up my timing. That one needs to marinate a bit before finishing it off and I didn't want to wait until 8 or later to eat. I'll make it tomorrow night.

Jane - That is a load of pine straw! I'm impressed that you can do all that home improvement stuff yourself! Can you come to my house and redo my bathrooms when you're done with yours? ;)

2 nights in a row I've gotten stuck at work late. Only 10-15 minutes, but enough to throw my whole schedule off whack at home. Good grief! I was feeling depressed and just sick over how I have no control of my work schedule. I really need to work for myself when Stephen goes to work! I can't stand this being under someone else's thumb any more!

Well, our 30 day raw program is complete. I've learned a lot and am armed with lots of recipes - several of which I still haven't tried yet! Some of the girls are now doing a juice feast with our coach. I don't have a juicer, so didn't join in. I don't have time to blend and strain enough juices in the morning to get me through the day and deal with the clean up. I need a juicer, but that won't be coming for a while. I have my eye on one and I'm saving, but at $5-6 a week, it's going to take me a while to save $300! It's funny, the dumbbells I want also cost $300. I hope to get one or the other for my birthday this year and, maybe, I'll be able to afford the other by then too!

We had 3 nice days, yesterday was 73 and Monday and today were in the 60s, but it's over. We'll be back in the 40s starting tomorrow and rainy for a few days, then we barely eek back into the 50s. Sigh. I know summer will be here before I know it, but I want at least 65-70 on a regular basis now!

Stephen talked with the marina today and, hopefully, they'll be able to get the few minor fixes done and get us in the water in a couple of weeks! Excited to get out there! I promise I'll take some pics and post them here! Promise, promise!

Have a great night you two!

I have a netflix dvd called 'Quick Fix Hip Hop' which is 40 min. of cardio. I might stick the rest of my belly dance workout on the end. I'm committed to eating clean now, last nights' meal should have been ok (shrimp/avocado salad on raw cabbage with citrus dressing) but I feel super sick to my tummy. I was up with a ginger ale.

I went to the library yesterday. I read Dean Karnass's book about ultras (I know funny right? I can barely do a whole mile without a bit of walking, but I'm reading about ultras.) Its fun to read because I live really close to where the Western States 100 is run. That seems completely out of my wheel house because I won't go for more than 20 hours without a sleep. No way. But its fun to read about extreme things sometimes. I used to be a bit of an extreme person, I went all out with my music as a teen (played violin a lot), I went all out in college (often went without sleep for 2-3 days at a stretch to get those As.) I went all out with my film career (worked 20 hour days, 6 day weeks, lived on the floor at a dorm with 9 guys close to USC). But, after I got sick with insulin resistance, I realized that choosing to burn myself out was going to make my own life very very short. So, I don't play that way anymore.

Of late it feels like I'm just trying to work on not being sick instead of making progress on my fitness. I'm also in a holding pattern until the new ADA code comes out and I can study for the CASP exam. My Dad says that after this job I will be ready to sit for the exam. Thats exciting!! I will be moving forward with my career. Yippee.

Tricia-So many fun things in your post: recipes and boats and sunny days. Its been hot here, we saw 90 deg. yesterday. I guess we skipped the Spring part:eek:

I don't have a juicer either. I find the clean up to be a bit daunting. I just buy mine from the co-op. They have the juicer and will blend anything for a small fee. I got a 'citrus zinger' this morning. The zing is fresh ginger. Considering how sick I feel, a juice cleanse sounds nice.

I hate having my timing thrown off. Last night I had to go to a meeting and I didn't get the call until I was 30 min. into my workout:mad: Then I had to blast off to deal with that (not that it was a bad mtg. it was just fine, a lecture about masonry, grout, and mortar.)

Jane- How was your day?

Alisha

Happy Thursday,

My 4 mile run turned into a 4 mile walk/run. I wasn't feeling it and neither was my sister. I was tired, hungry and I think the pollen was getting to me. Felt wiggly and wonky. I feel better today.

I'm not sure if it going to rain to so I have this workout planned in case I have to stay inside.

Do 2-3 rounds total of this circuit!

20 dumbbell biceps curls
20 dumbbell triceps kickbacks
20 jumping jacks
20 dumbbell high rows
20 triceps bench dips
20 jumping jacks
20 dumbbell hammer curls
20 dumbbell shoulder presses
20 jacks

Girls...you misunderstood me. I have all those projects to do around the house but I'm not going to do them. I will hire contractor to do them. I hate doing that kind of stuff.

Tricia ~ I hate when you get stuff last minute. We have a Director here that waits to the last minute on everything. Luckily I don't have to do much stuff for him but he never thinks of anyone else but himself. We did have to move our weekly meetings to 4pm because one of the Director's can't function until 8:30 in the morning after he has his coffee. The rest of us wanted to have to at 7:30 in the morning...but we have to accommodate him. I would be embarrassed to even say that. It should be what the majority wants. I'm here at 7 every day but I'm out the door at 5.

Alisha ~ I'm glad you are moving forward with your career. YIPPEE! I hope you feel better today. I love reading about stuff like that. Ultra runners are definitely a different kind of people. I remember seeing something on ESPN about 3 guys that ran across the Sahara. It took them 111 days to run 4000 miles. It was a great documentary.

Take care...tomorrow is FRIDAY!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.