Jogging Stroller Help

Stacy

Cathlete
Hi, I need some info on jogging strollers, specifically double ones (for an infant and toddler). I've seen alot online, and not having children, they're all sounding alike! Which is better...if the front wheel is fixed or swivels?? There are alot of extra accessories...what are "must-haves", what other things should I be looking for?? Anyone with any good brands they like? I'd like to stay below $500. Thanks!

what I had

was a Dreamer Design double jogging stroller. I went with a fixed front wheel as all I planned on doing with this was running with my two boys. I loved this stroller-actually ran more when the boys were still able to fit in it (and it was a strength workout too as when I stopped using there was a combined weight of 80 lbs in the stroller!). The stroller I had went perfectly straight despite the fact that boys were uneven weights, which was nice. Also, the seats adjusted independently of each other, so I could lay the little one back more or vice versa. It was easy to clean and folded easily. I'm sure the ones out now have tons of bells and whistles, but I liked the fixed wheel, several cup holders, area for cargo beneath, large wheels (can't remember the diameter) to smooth the ride, and folded easily (but was still huge-I had a Tahoe so it fit)
Good luck! Best piece of running equipment I have EVER owned (I was guaranteed 45 minutes of sweaty silence as they both usually fell asleep!)
julie

I have a friend that has a Bob, and that's what I'll be looking for this summer right before I deliver #2.
I agree, independent seat adjustments are key. For accessories, if it comes with or you can get a rain shield for it, that is always nice to have.
I would prefer, personally, that the front wheel pivots, but I also don't use mine to run.

Adequate storage is also necessary. A good size compartment somewhere to stuff toys, blankets, diaper bags, purses, etc... is a key thing that I look for in strollers.

Good luck!

I also have the dreamer design double and love it. I also have the BOB single and love it. I have several friends that have the new BOB double that has the swivel wheel in front and it is much easier to push. My BOB single is 7 years old and still going strong. I would recomend the BOB and their customer service is great! Congrats!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.