Jillian Michaels Cardio Kickboxing to ease into Insanity

WantFit

Cathlete
I had injured my butt area while doing STS. The area is so hard to describe. There are two areas:

1. one is like deep inner thigh connected to the head of hamstring

2. one is like outer left butt that connected to T Band

3. is my sit bone. I could not sit too long

But I got my Insanity. I could not resist it. I tried Fit Test on Wed. I dared not over do it. I just got over pain feelings in that area. Tonight, I tried Jillian Michaels Kickboxing. I found out it is actually really good to get into shape for Insanity. Not complicated choreography at all. Very drill like. Total is less than 30 min with very short stretch. I did extra stretch for my glute and butt and hamstring. I burnt about 286 calories. My HR was between 129 - 170. I went easy with kick because of my injury. A lot of jumps. I previewed Insanity Ploymetrics and Bonus Abs and Weight DVDs. I think anyone who wanted to prepare for Insanity can use Jillian's to ease into Insanity. You can increase intensity by increase each Jillian's move speed to get some Insanity effect.

I am actually thinking about using Jillian's NMTZ weight to supplement Insanity after I fully recover from injury. Any thought?

I really like this DVD as an add on on resistance days - its only about 22 minutes excluding the stretch which just right for anyone with a busy schedule. I do it first thing in the morning so the lack of choreography is just right for me.

Tan,

Do you mean NMTZ or Cardio Kickboxing? I would like to use Cardio kickboxing to bring my cardio to a notch. But it is all cardio. I think NMTZ would be good to add on either with Cardio Kickboxing or Insanity. Some light weight, high repetitive to get the clean cut.

Sorry, I wasn't clear - I meant Cardio Kickbox. I have NMTZ but i haven't tried it yet as i am in the middle of a P90x rotation.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.