Jari Love Rotation

Roxie 1965

Cathlete
Someone on here once pmd me her rotation but I spent and hour going through my papers today and I can't find it, can someone send me another one please?

(Hmmm, I know this is an older thread but during my search this was the most relevant and up-to-date I could find folks.)

So, Jari Love. Tried my first Jari Love today - it was Ripped & Chiseled (I REALLY don't like that name. lol). What a tough workout it was for me though! Wow. It is supposed to be an hour workout. I took nearly two hours. It isn't something I would do more than three times a month I think, but it seriously mixed me up! Inserting some varied rep work into my upper body this way energized me. I also like her and her direct instruction...she seems nice. I had to laugh at the motivational material she was obviously given to say in between sets. I hadn't tried her out before now because I know it's silly, but when workout programs have names like that or say, Insanity, or anything like that ...it kinda turns me away. And also, yeah, she appears underweight. But I can't judge her or anyone else on things like that. I don't know anything about her life. But I quite appreciate this particualr workout and now I might try a few others. She's not Cathe or even Tracie Long, but I'm gonna be keeping her in the mix. I thought this workout was missing calf work, but other than that it was complete. At least it felt like it.
Do any of you do Jari and if so, which workouts are your faves?

(Hmmm, I know this is an older thread but during my search this was the most relevant and up-to-date I could find folks.)

So, Jari Love. Tried my first Jari Love today - it was Ripped & Chiseled (I REALLY don't like that name. lol). What a tough workout it was for me though! Wow. It is supposed to be an hour workout. I took nearly two hours. It isn't something I would do more than three times a month I think, but it seriously mixed me up! Inserting some varied rep work into my upper body this way energized me. I also like her and her direct instruction...she seems nice. I had to laugh at the motivational material she was obviously given to say in between sets. I hadn't tried her out before now because I know it's silly, but when workout programs have names like that or say, Insanity, or anything like that ...it kinda turns me away. And also, yeah, she appears underweight. But I can't judge her or anyone else on things like that. I don't know anything about her life. But I quite appreciate this particualr workout and now I might try a few others. She's not Cathe or even Tracie Long, but I'm gonna be keeping her in the mix. I thought this workout was missing calf work, but other than that it was complete. At least it felt like it.
Do any of you do Jari and if so, which workouts are your faves?
Elsie, I like Jari Love, too. I also have an aversion to her workout names and have a similar reaction to her physique. However, I like her personality and think her workouts are great. I haven't used them in over a year, but I used them frequently after I had my daughter and was getting back into lifting. They helped me lose the baby weight, too (I'd gained ~40 lbs, ~20 of which were still there after the baby and extra water were out).
My favorite is Slim & Lean. If you want a circuit that alternates cardio (very straightforward step blasts) with weights, my favorite is Get Extremely Ripped 1000 :rolleyes:. I used to get so excited for the Arnold Press on that one. LOL.

I like Jari as well and find her complex/ compound movements really get my heart rate up even if there's no actual cardio. Her new Extremely Ripped and Chiseled is very good and similar to the older version where upper and lower exercises are kept separate. I like the newer one's myself like Revved to the Max (Adam is pretty easy on the eyes LOL!) and if i want cardio intervals the Hardcore 1000 and Bootcamp are pretty good. Some people get bored with her moves but i like the athletic style of cardio where i don't have to learn any footwork and can focus on giving it my all as Jari would say. The newer DVD's seem to have better music and premix options as well. Hmm maybe i'll do a Jari week soon....:)
Jamie

I agree the newer ones have better music, but there for awhile she was pumping out DVDs so fast, they were all the same. I hate that dark set. I like to be able to see what everyone is doing. In one of her DVDs, she had the guy that was modifying, (harder) in the very back. I couldn't see what he was doing. He looked like he was just creeping around. I loved the concept, when I first discovered her, but, after awhile, became kinda bored with her. JMO.

Last edited:
I would also be interested. Those of you who have done Jerry Love, how did you incorporated with your other workouts?

So, the ones with 1000 in the title are circuit style with cardio I take it?

( I have so much DOMS in my biceps and shoulders today!!)

I tried a few of hers as well but they seemed the same so I do not know the difference in them. I found I got bored to but I liked the music so I want to find out if any of them are enough different to do. I have a lot of hers but didn't even go on after three workouts seemed the same. I hate to say that bit maybe if I knew what the difference are and purpose I may appreciate them more and give them another try. I hate buying DVD and not using them. I was going to sell them on Amazon but seen I had to pay so much a month just to sell stuff which would end up being more then the money I would get back. I was also bored with insanity because those seemed to be the same over and over! Ugh! I liked the first two workouts I did and then I was really sick of it and the music was the same to be as well! I then felt my feet hurting to. I find Cathe I swear just as much and more verity I am not bored and I am not working on my feet in the same direction all the time! I know that sounds strange by if I do a workout over and over I get my feet to burning and hurting I have PF and had surgery on them so I have to do different things. I had thought about doing one of each per week to do something different. But I would like to know what Jari love is different and purpose of each. Like is one more circuit one more toning or more core. I don't know how to describe what I am saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like her older workouts better than the new ones. They are harder. The new ones have more cardio and less reps which is a lot easier. I suggest you use her workouts 3x a week alternating with cardio. Cathe's metabolic workouts make a great compliment if your body can handle the workload. High rep weight work uses a lot more of the subcutaneous fat and gives great definition fairly quickly particularly in the upper body. However, you have to use challenging weights to reach failure by the end of the set. You should feel the lactic acid burn.

You can rotate through her 4 older workouts (Ripped to the Core, Slim&Lean, Ripped&Chiseled, Ripped 1000). You can also add Cathe's high Reps and Power Hour to the mix for more variety. Also add Cathe's 100 rep challenge segments. I will continue to use Jari's workouts until Cathe makes a high rep set. This reminds me that it is time to beg for one again. I hope Cathe is reading.

If you are afraid of losing strength don't be. The first time I did a high rep rotation, I was sure that I would have to lift lighter when I returned to heavy weights. I was surprised that I was able to use heavier weights than before. Then it hit me that all those mitochondria that multiplied fast after all the aerobic endurance work made it easier to generate the ATP needed to lift a little heavier.

I find Jari a bit annoying with some of the nonsense that she keeps repeating particularly in the newer DVDs. Also, ignore her talk about carbohydrate. If you don't fuel the muscles with enough glycogen, you aren't going to progress.

Omg Soapmaker, her going on about Carbs is very irritating. lol. When people talk endlessly like that, I get the urge to shove bread on their face and sing carbs, carbs, carbs. My other nitpick regarding her workouts is her bicep curl form. I'm sure mine isn't perfect either!
Having said that, I have been enjoying doing her workouts. (Have not tried the later ones). I find them VERY tough. I have not gotten all the way through any chest work yet. I have Cathe's High Reps and like it a lot.....it's a solid one. I bought it when I bought Slow & Heavy for contrast. Although, is it really High reps? I doesn't quite feel like it to me. Is Muscle Endurance a Higher Rep one?

Omg Soapmaker, her going on about Carbs is very irritating. lol. When people talk endlessly like that, I get the urge to shove bread on their face and sing carbs, carbs, carbs. My other nitpick regarding her workouts is her bicep curl form. I'm sure mine isn't perfect either!
Having said that, I have been enjoying doing her workouts. (Have not tried the later ones). I find them VERY tough. I have not gotten all the way through any chest work yet. I have Cathe's High Reps and like it a lot.....it's a solid one. I bought it when I bought Slow & Heavy for contrast. Although, is it really High reps? I doesn't quite feel like it to me. Is Muscle Endurance a Higher Rep one?

Jari's bicep curl form is horrible. Everything is moving, but her biceps.That's one of the reasons I stopped doing her workouts. Flinging her arms around, using her back, she was an accident just waiting to happen. She needs to find herself a really good personal trainer, and learn how to do a proper bicep curl. LOL. I totally agree, Elsie.

Omg Soapmaker, her going on about Carbs is very irritating. lol. When people talk endlessly like that, I get the urge to shove bread on their face and sing carbs, carbs, carbs. My other nitpick regarding her workouts is her bicep curl form. Although, is it really High reps? I doesn't quite feel like it to me. Is Muscle Endurance a Higher Rep one?

I'm right there with you Elsie. I've yelled at her to eat some carbs so her form improves a little. She is much worse in the later dvds. She can't really execute the moves with the kind of precision we are used to with Cathe. Her form is what happens when you force your muscles to work without the proper fuel. Also, she always uses 8 lb weights when she wants to challenge herself, when she wants a medium weight, when she wants to take it easy. There are dumbbells other than 8 lbs!
That said, I own all of her dvds because there isn't much high rep workouts on the market. Did I ask recently for a high rep set from Cathe? Hope she is reading.

LOL jari talk about carbs. [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3]

Elsie muscle endurance is a high rep workout

Muscle endurance is an intermediate rep workout, one of my absolute favorite. High rep is closer to 100 reps and you have to work up to it with the right weight. It can get boring. I turned ME into high rep by repeating segments back to back. I do the same with High rep.

Soapmaker - interesting what you say about high reps and getting definition, but not losing strength. I've not done a lot of high rep stuff - I may have to give it a go at some point, just to change things up.
If you have never tried a high rep rotation, it is worth the effort particularly if you are a hard gainer like me (mostly slow twitch fiber/built for endurance). The potential for aerobic adaptation (fat metabolism) is much larger than the anaerobic one (sugar metabolism). The only way to continue to make progress strength wise is to alternate aerobic endurance weight work with heavy weights. It took me 20 years of working out to learn that.

If you are a fast gainer, you will gain muscle mass on a high rep rotation with very light weight as a friend of mine learned the hard way.

I'm right there with you Elsie. I've yelled at her to eat some carbs so her form improves a little. She is much worse in the later dvds. She can't really execute the moves with the kind of precision we are used to with Cathe. Her form is what happens when you force your muscles to work without the proper fuel. Also, she always uses 8 lb weights when she wants to challenge herself, when she wants a medium weight, when she wants to take it easy. There are dumbbells other than 8 lbs!
That said, I own all of her dvds because there isn't much high rep workouts on the market.

:D:D:D

oh dear, LOL Soapmaker your post above made me laugh.
All comments about poor form brought laughter.:)

:D:D:D

oh dear, LOL Soapmaker your post above made me laugh.
All comments about poor form brought laughter.:)

I know we pick on Jari something awful but I am very happy to have her workouts. I got better results overall since I added high rep. My aerobic endurance went up. I doubled my VO2 max using a combination of high rep and running. I didn't know I had that kind of potential. Lorie, one of her background exercisers will give you an idea of the results you can get when you don't restrict your caloric intake. She looks amazing.

If you have never tried a high rep rotation, it is worth the effort particularly if you are a hard gainer like me (mostly slow twitch fiber/built for endurance). The potential for aerobic adaptation (fat metabolism) is much larger than the anaerobic one (sugar metabolism). The only way to continue to make progress strength wise is to alternate aerobic endurance weight work with heavy weights. It took me 20 years of working out to learn that.

If you are a fast gainer, you will gain muscle mass on a high rep rotation with very light weight as a friend of mine learned the hard way.

I've never done anything with quite such high reps - I'd say I'm somewhere in between hard gainer and fast gainer. I tend to mix heavy weights with metabolic-type workouts. I'll give Jari a go, her downloads are pretty cheap. Thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.