Jan. check in

melmeadows

Cathlete
Hey there fellow preggers out there!

Just a quick hello and check in....

I ended up having to complete the 3 hour glucose test and passed : )
I am 30 wks along now and start having OB appts every other week now starting Friday. Feeling really good, except for only a bit of fatigue. I am still able to get in a low impact workout on most days. I have been doing a lot of walking on the treadmill @ the gym and a few Cathe low impact workouts here and there. I have been having a lot of back pain, so I try to squeeze in 15min of prenatal yoga 4-5 days a wk. I have my first shower this weekend and I am sooooo very excited!!

How are you guys??
Melanie

Melanie,
Thanks for starting the post for the week. Yuck...can't stand the glucose test! Yeah for your upcoming shower...hope you get lots of great "stuff". Let us know what your favorites are! I just finished my antibiotic, and was hit with yet another cold/resp. thing!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! So, it's about 7:15p.m. here, and after I start the dishwasher, I am off to bed. Up until early this week, I was feeling fine. I have been going to the gym twice a week (cardio/weights) and also doing Cathe workouts and KB workouts with some modifications. I actually did a HiiT last week (with modifications of course). My last check-up was last week. I had the quad screen done. My next appt. is Feb. 1st, and ultrasound Feb. 7th. We are not going to find out what we're having this time around. I think I am having a boy, since I have two, but if it's not, what a surprise that will be!
Take care!
-Jen

Hi Melanie/Jen,

I figured I'd start posting here, since I have been scouting older posts the last few weeks as my pregnancy progresses but need real time support :) .

Melanie - I remember posting with you too on the TTC boards :) looks like we achieved success around relatively the same time yay! I am 24 weeks you are 30ish....congrats to you as well!
we are expecting a girl (but initially they told us it was a boy! hubby had a heart attack when the sex was finally confirmed. he is ecstatic, but his worry quotient shot up triplefold with news of a girl lol)

I had a doc appt today and everything is going well. Gained 13 pounds total so far, 5 in the last month, but doc said he would cut me some slack because christmas was in between appts and he figured i would have more cookies than usual! They gave me the glucose solution for my next appt in 3 weeks...it looks so appetizing (NOT!).

Still getting in workouts 5 to 6 times a week, but high impact just feels icky! I am totally a runner and I think I would do okay running outside but the weather in the northeast has not been friendly for pregnant runners. Treadmill running tends to create more of a bouncing action rather than forward propulsion and it makes me feel like I have to go to the bathroom all the time. I am trying to do low impact step instead or even some of Cathe's higher impact tapes, with modifications and that seems to be going okay. I have switched to spinning classes at the gym too, but i refuse to part with my favorite cardio kickboxing class....that is on wednesdays and i grin and bear it through the bladder irritation because i leave feeling so energized. Pretty much maintaining my weight work although some days I feel stronger than others ...others I need to drop down from my usual weight.

Jen - congrats to you as well. Hope you feel better from your cold soon. I had one cold so far and it was brutal not to be able to take anything to relieve symptoms. I know there are some things you can take, but I was being on the safe side because it was earlier on in my pregnancy. Either way, wishing relief your way quickly. 2 boys and maybe another one on the way...hmmm, now I want to know what you are having :)

Either of you try a belly band for exercise? If so, which one and how do you like it?
What type of ab work are you doing? I have been trying to mix and match plank work from Cathe's dvds. Tried to create something on the workout blender, but unfortunately most of the ab work sections aren't chapterized....sigh!

Have a lovely day and weekend ladies!
Reena

Jen -- I hope you are starting to feel better! Kudos to you for not finding out. I am not that patient : )

Reena -- So glad to see you on the msg boards. Girl, you are doing better than me on the workouts. Keep up the good work! Also, congrat's on the girl : )
The glucose test is not fun, but not that bad really. I would suggest to drink it cold, it will go down easier. I am 31 wks and have gained about 18 lbs, but I look like I have gained more. Plus, I am short 5'3", so my belly is very round at this point.

I had my first baby shower this past Sunday and had an amazing time. We have so much stuff now. I am overwhelmed!!

How is everyone else?
Bethany, I am getting concerned @ you w/your history of m/c. I haven't seen you on the msg boards recently. I hope everything is going well!

Melanie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.