Ivanko or Troy Lite?

I have the Ivanko padded barbell and absolutely love it! It works well for me but some people have complained that it's a little hard to grasp for upper body work. I also have a regular bar, but use my Ivanko almost exclusively. I got it off paragonsports.com with the quick clips, and couldn't be more pleased! Good luck!

I went to Galyan's yesterday and all they have are Keys and Marcy barbells (unless I want a 45 lb. Olympic barbell - hah!) Has anyone ever heard of these? Did any of you order your barbell online? Did the shipping cost more than the bar itself? Thanks!

Hey! I don't own any Cathe strength tapes except for Power Hour, which I still haven't gotten around to doing... a friend let me borrow her MIS, and I plan on trying that soon. For my weight training, I do the firm, and it works fine for that! I usually do firm Strength, Tough Tapes 1 and 2, Super Sculpting... so I'm sure it'd work for Cathe. Sorry I couldn't help you more! I'd like to work Cathe's strength into my routine for sure! What tapes do you suggest!?!
Thanks!
Sara

I suggest MIS and PowerHour. I only have PowerHour but I know that MIS is also a total body strength workout. It's better to alternate or vary between two after a few weeks, instead of doing the exact same moves over and over. That's a great way to start because you can also divide them into sections.

PowerHour is less easily divisible than MIS. For me, the lower body sections give me a cardio kick (no pun intended) for sure. I count that as a bonus.

And/or if you can get Bodymax, don't let it scare you, it has a wonderful upper body split as part of it! Easy to divide. You can find out what else it has- lotta lotta lunges! Step, circuit, interval- it's everything. I did the whole thing yesterday and I'm still floating!
http://connie.freehosting.net/Cona.jpg

I used the Firm too for a long time, but didn't like the way it went from upperbody to lowerbody to upper to lower, you know? I felt like I was never exausting one muscle group (except for Standing Legs - WOW!) I agree with Connie in that MIS and Body Max are great because you can split them. If you want serious weight training work that will literally change the shape of your muscles, I suggest the PS series. I do each tape once a week (M,T,W) and then either Body Max or MIS later in the week to hit each muscle group twice per week. I love what it is doing for me! I have Power Hour too, but haven't tried it yet!

I have the padded aerobic bar. I guess that is the Ivanko. I got it from Orthotechsports.com for $24.43 including the shipping. I haven't had a chance to use it yet but I know I am going to love it for anything that requires me to but the bar on my shoulders. For that price I think it was a great deal either way. I also found some of those Bollinger Sliplock Collars on Ebay for $3.00 a pair and they fit the bar perfectly.

Aerika J.

hey! Well I do 3 cardios/week and 2 strengths... I can do about an hour each morning, 5 times per week... so which of cathe's strength vids would you suggest for lifting 2x per week? How long are the PS tapes? I usually run/do cardio kicks/a step tape M-W-F, and Tues and Thurs I do a firm weight vid... any suggestions are wanted! Thanks!
Sara

Saralh our off topic is interesting- that's my same schedule and I have trouble planning PS because I work out 5 days, 1 hr and want cardio too.

I guess one solution for me would be Tue-Wed-Thur do PS, then ride bike to work (total round trip only 30 min.)

http://connie.freehosting.net/Cona.jpg

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.