Ivanko Aerobic Bar

sj

Hey All -

Gotta question about the Ivanko Aerobic Bar. Since it is covered in foam padding - how durable is it? I'm wondering if it will end up coming apart like my body bar did. Has anyone experience this? Also - what about a regular barbell in comparison to the Aerobic Bar? Is one better than the other?

Thanks!

I do not have Ivanko Aerobic Bar, but I have Troy Lite which is not padded. I think I prefer un-padded bar better esp for upper body work, i.e. bicep curl, rows, etc. Seems like it's harder to grip the bar with the added thickness of the pad unless you have long fingers. Just my 0.02.

Haslina

I've had mine for over a year now, and it's still in perfect condition. I use it at least 3 times a week, sometimes more.

Erin

This is similar to the FIRM barbell. I have had mine for 3 years now and it still looks good. It is wonderful when you do squats and lunges. I picked up an EZ curl bar for biceps and triceps because the padded bar makes it uncomfortable to grip for upper body work.

I've had the Firm barbell (which I believe is the same as the Ivanko) for years (since Vol.6.) It still looks new and I've used it a lot. I have very small hands and haven't noticed that the padding is a problem. Maybe I've just become accustomed to it since it was my first barbell.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.