It's June! Time for a new thread!

mfv3

Cathlete
Hello mama's-

How is everyone doing?

I had my 20w ultrasound the other day and I'm having a boy! We are so excited. Would have been either way of course but now it's seems so much more real :)

I have been feeling him move around too! So cool! My husband felt him the other day too. I can't wait to feel a big ol kick!

We registered at Target the other day. That was fun but slightly overwhelming. We just registered for the basics. I have to do some more research on the big items like strollers and such. I would love any ideas from current mamas :)

Talk to ya soon :)

Marie

So sorry I haven't replied to this sooner, we've been running around like crazy and I barely have time to think. Once Kindergarten was out for my son the next week was packed with finales at swim and gymnastics and then the kids were with the grandparents for a week so we could get new flooring (the entire upstairs plus the guest bedroom in the basement). I was so tired of moving furniture and appliances and so ready to have my home back. On top of all of that it's fiscal year end at work so I have a lot of stuff to do - nonstop- and I'm ready for a break.

On the baby front I'm feeling tons of movement now and we had our ultrasound yesterday, it was a 24 week ultrasound since I'm a big behind. Baby looked great and was on the move most of the time though it was not happy about the wand being near it's face. I still feel great and have had energy so I need to stay focused at night and get my exercise in rather than get distracted by little projects.

Marie - Registering is so fun and I think one of my favorite little things I got was a travel changing pad to put in the diaper bag. It was necessary when seeing the disgusting changing tables in bathrooms or when I had to change them on the floor because there wasn't a changing table. I also liked to wear my kids and enjoyed my sling a lot. So glad you're feeling the baby and I'm sure you've gotten a big kick by now.

Cindy

Hye Cindy!

Good to hear from you and glad you're doing so well. Sounds like you are crazy busy though.

Good idea on the changing mat. I'll have to register for one of those.

Sounds like baby is doing great :) Do you know what you're having? I'm 6 months now and have felt the big kick. It's so fun! I can't believe how fast it's going. 3 months and the little man will be here.

Talk to ya soon-
Marie

I am down to my last 4 weeks with our 7th child. I can't believe how fast it has gone!

I have exercised the whole time but stopped doing most of my Cathe workouts during the third trimester. I am sure looking forward to getting back to them.

I haven't even tried out the low impact series yet because they came while I was pregnant. I can't wait to do them.

Marie - We're keeping the sex a surprise so we have no idea. The kids call it a boy and aren't very excited that we didn't find out but they'll adjust :) I love all the kicks and moves, it's so fun.

faith4us - Wow 7 kids that is a handful & a blessing :) I found having a second wasn't as hard as I expected and I'm hoping the same happens with our third. I'm a little nervous about adjusting back into diapers and feedings but I think all will be well.

We had a nice busy weekend, had a birthday party to go to, went to the water park a couple times, took a 2 hour hike (my legs are feeling it), and have been enjoying lots of fresh fruit. This week I turn 33 on Thursday and DH and I are getting away to see a Wilco concert then we'll have a few of my friends over on Friday night to celebrate with cake. Saturday morning is our neighborhood garage sale and I hope to offload some stuff then we're going camping. Sunday my boy turns 6 so we plan to stop off at a local hot spring to swim/soak on our way home from camping and then he is getting his requested birthday dinner of mac & cheese and hotdogs (bleh!). A couple more weeks of busy-busy and things should start to slow down :)

Cindy

Cindy- That's awesome that you're keeping it a surprise. I wish I could do that! I was way too excited to find out though. Happy Birthday tomorrow! We are the same age :) I just turned 33 on June 7th. Speaking of kicks and moves I am feeling some right now and loving it :)

Tracy- Congrats on your soon-to-be 7th child! How wonderful! Have fun with LIS when you get a chance to do them. Im obsessed....those are mostly what I do right now. The Imaxes, CCC, and some others are way too hard.

Speaking of hard workouts...do you ladies order the new workouts?! I did and can't wait to get them although I think I'll be waiting til after baby boy is born to attempt those. The clips look intense!!! Gotta love Cathe!

Marie

Cindy, I am sure it will go just fine for you. And you will quickly adjust to the routine!!

Marie, I didn't end up doing as much Cathe this time as I had planned. I made it about half way and then had to take it down a notch. Each pregnancy is different but I miss Cathe and can't wait to get back to my workouts with her.

Well things have started to settle down a bit for me and I have then realized that time is ticking and we need to start preparing for this baby a bit. I finally started my Hypnobabies Course Study (also did it with Lily and loved it), have been getting back into my DVD's, and am starting to think about rearranging bedrooms & toys to make room for the baby. I was supposed to do my glucose test today but my midwife had to reschedule for next week since she was wrapped up with a birth, it's fine with me.

I feel great though my belly feels so big which of course is a good thing ;)

Marie - I haven't ordered them yet, will probably wait until after the baby is born. I'm excited to get back into a nice routine with some hard core exercises. I discovered burpees aren't working so well for me right now!

Tracy - Are your 6 kids really excited for the baby?

Cindy

New to Forum

Hi Ladies,
I thought I could turn here for a bit of solace.

I was supposed to go to the Cathe RT is NJ, but had to cancel on the Monday before because at my 7 week U/S I was diagnosed with a subchrionic hemtoma. After a day of significant bleeding (and large clots) the baby is fine, but I'm still spotting. No exercise, pelvic rest, and take it as easy as possible. I'm 8 weeks today, so still very early.

I was so bummed to miss the RT, going crazy that I can't exercise, even more crazy that I can't run around with my active toddler (soon to be 2 yr old boy) and just crazy fearful after googling what a hematoma is and if this pregnancy is going to be OK.

Anyway, sorry to bring the forum down, but I thought other Cathlete's could relate.

Hi Rachel- Sorry this post is so delayed. I haven't been on this thread for awhile. I'm so sorry to hear that news. I hope everything turns out ok. Please keep in touch if you feel up to it. I'll be thinking of you!

Marie

Rachel - I've been swamped at work and haven't had time to check this until now. I'm sorry you're dealing with this, are you on bed rest or just need to take it easy? Will this last beyond the first trimester? It is hard not being active when you're so used to it, I'd say just keep healthy foods around and do your best to keep things in check on that end.

Marie - How are you feeling/doing?

Cindy

Hi Cindy- I'm doing well :) I'm continuing to workout but just less intense and less often. Walking more than Cathe lately. I'm 33 weeks tomorrow and at my appt right now. DH painted baby's room last week and we ordered a crib, dresser and changing table that should be here next Thu. We toured the hospital where we are having him which made it even more real! Excited to meet my little guy :) How have you been? -Marie

Marie that's great you're still getting workouts in, I've been so busy just doing things around the house that I have no time or energy to exercise. It's so exciting to do the final things to prepare, I'll bet the room looks fantastic!

I've been so busy but we finally had a couple weekends at home and have caught up on the much needed to-do before the baby gets here. I have clothes, toys, and bedding washed and still need to get my breast pump cleaned and ready to go. Our last to-do's are to get the infant car seat base in the cars and get the birth tub set up (this is necessary since my home visit with the midwife is on Thursday). Where has the time gone! At least I still feel really good :)

Cindy

Glad you are still feeling so well. Me too! I'm so excited to meet my boy but am going to miss being pregnant. It has been quite the journey but many more adventures are to come.

We too have been finishing up with those last minute things....final touches in the nursery.....packing the hospital bag.

As far as working out I'm mostly sticking to walking now. My job is fairly active and like you I have been busy around the house too :)

Enjoy your last few weeks. Good luck with everything and keep me posted when you have your baby. I will do the same :)

Marie

Marie - How are things? Are you still baking or holding your baby?

I am 39 weeks today and still baking away, I've never been pregnant this long before. I am ready for this little one to make an appearance though I still feel pretty good so maybe I'll actually see 40 weeks. My only complaint is that my legs have been cramping off and on but it could be worse so I'll try not to complain too much :)

Cindy

Hey Cindy!

I'm still baking too!

39 weeks today!

I had my appt yesterday and I'm not dilated or effaced yet so it seems as though he is pretty comfy in there. I know things can progress fast though so we will see.

Sorry to hear about your cramping legs. I feel ya- I have stiffness in my neck and lower back. But like you say I feel good so I try not to complain.

Our little ones will be here before we know it :)

Marie

So Marie I'm sure you're busy with a little one like I am, care to share a picture and how things went?

My birth went perfect lasting 2 hours and I loved having the baby at home. We had a little boy, Lucas Ray, 7lbs 14.9 ounces and such a joy to the family. We're getting into a good routine with him and I'm back at work in 3 weeks. Now to get myself back into focus on exercise and eating right, I've been struggling with food!

IMG_7866.jpg

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.