Is this for real?

Kim,
I will pray for your brother, as well as anyone else trying to help in NO. I am as baffled and confused as everyone else over this "dog- in-the-manger" behavior. I guess stress just bring out the good and the bad in people.

I wish the news would pay a little more attention to the good things that are going on. There has to be SOME good news, don't you think? These situations so often seem to create real everyday heroes. Every policeman, fireman, nurse or doctor who stayed in the city to do their job,as well as every volunteer helping with the clean up and the placement of the homeless victims should be applauded.

I get tired and confused with all the blaming going on too. Maybe it really was just impossible to get people, trucks, supplies, etc over the damaged highways and flooded streets to rescue those stranded, by choice or neccessity. After the tsunami, there was none of the catatrophic loss of comunication or access. There was no wide spread flooding after 9/11. Comparing these diasters with Katrina is like comparing apples and oranges. Sorry, this got away from me. I'm just trying to understand...

Robin, I too would like to see more good news about the situation over there. The media tends to focus on the bad because they think that is what the public wants to see.

Just watching the news they say that great progress has been made. Let's hope so!

kim

Oh god, my BF is leaving for New Orleans tomorrow for 16 days (500 FFs & POs from north Jersey are going), I don't even know if he'll be able to call me just to let me know everything is OK, I am just freaking out here. I wish he'd just stay home & donate some cash & let someone else go, but I guess he wouldn't be him if he did. :-(

I'm so proud of those fearless, generous people who have risked their own personal safety to help the victims of Katrina. My prayers go with them. It restores my faith in the goodness of people.

Michele

Oh, Laura - I'm really sorry! I think it's so noble that so many are going down to help out but then they leave people behind that are so worried about them. I'm hoping for a safe return for your BF and everyone else down there during this tragedy.

Angie

I have heard that there is a race war going on down there. Mainly because most of the people that got out were caucasion, because they were the ones with the money to get out. I don't know if that is true. But the person that I heard it from is fairly reliable. Things are really not good down there. It's very sad to see the people that need help are now in jeopardy of not getting as much as they could due to the ones that are messing it up. I will keep your brother in my prayers as well as everyone else down there.

Kathy

I don't want to get on a race subject but I will say that I listened to a radio station and it p*ssed me off! Why can't something ever happen without race being put into it? Everyone is there to help them. Who knows where the problem lyes! They are making good progress down there and I sure it is not easy. I just hate this has become a race issue.

kim

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.