Is there an order to CTX?

Barbie

Cathlete
Yes, I added CTX to my pre-order and it should be waiting for me when I get home today! Yea!!! I was just wondering, is there one particular workout I should start out with?

Hi Barbie!

You can do the CTX series in any order but just don't do Power Circuit and Leaner Legs on consecutive days because of the legwork.

When doing weights, I prefer going larger to smaller muscle groups. Generally, I like this:

Back
Chest
Shoulders
Biceps & Triceps ( I like to do these on the same day)

I know some double up the weight work so they can work each muscle twice per week.

Hope this helps!

Enjoy the series. I love Leaner Legs!

Thanks Sarah:

I already have (& LOVE) Leaner Legs & Upper Body in VHS - of course I have to have them all - so I order the dvds! I can't wait to try them!
Thanks for the info!

I agree with the "large-to-small" muscle group order, but I would put either a day off or "Leaner legs" between chest and shoulders because the shoulders are heavily used during both back and chest work. Adding shoulders on a consecutive day would mean the shoulders (which are more prone to injury and overuse than some other muscles) would get worked three days in a row!

>Thanks Kathryn!
>
>In what order would you do the 6 tapes?

I would do the following order (days are just arbitrary):
Monday: Back/power circuit
Tuesday: Chest/step intervals
Wednesday: off (or leaner legs, but a break would be good here IMO)
Thursday: leaner legs
Friday: step/shoulders
Saturday: biceps/kickbox
Sunday: triceps/10-10-10

The triceps muscle is actually larger than the biceps, so I'm going out of order a bit, to avoid having biceps/back exercises on consecutive days (since back work will heavily involve the biceps).

Don't feel you have to stick to a 7-day week as above. You could continue the rotation using the following Monday as a rest day (or adding stretch) and start up again with Back/power circuit on Tuesday. Also, the cardio in this series is pretty intense and has a lot of impact. You might want to exchange some of the step workouts for a repeat of the kickbox workout, for example, or even use a different form of cardio for more variety and less of a risk of overuse.
Sunday:

Thanks Kathryn: I wrote down your rotation. I'm going to take a look at Power Circuit tonight and do it tomorrow. Thanks so much for your input! It is always so much fun to get new workouts!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.