Is there a method to your madness

JennieR

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

I was just wondering when you put together a workout, do you realize how much "pain" you're putting everyone through? ;) Also, when you put your premixes together how do you decide what exercises to do that will be the most effective?

I just did the Leg Blast Premix from B&G, and it amazes me how all those exercises put together in that order can make my legs burn like nothing else. I found myself saying some not so nice stuff during that workout. ;)

Hi Cathe,

Hi JennieR! Oh yes, absolutely. After I choreograph it, I have my "pain testers" come try it out. They know what I am looking to deliver and when it is over I ask them if lives up to the "Classic Cathe" whip cracking"? :eek:

For premixes, I put the exercises in an order that will reach the goal of the workouts objective (ie: Cardio Blast, Leg Sculpting, Upper Body Burner, etc. ). Within each workout, I like to build intensity gradually and then "play" with it once we are in "the zone" , then gradually bring us to the cool down. Each workout has it's own set of rules and my training experience tells me what exercises get the right reaction from the muscle. So go ahead and keep talking to me during the workouts Jennie, I won't take it personally ;)

I knew there had to be a reason for your madness. ;) I'm sure I'll be talking to you a lot during the STS series. :D

Thanks again for all the you and your crew do. It's very much appreciated. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.