is it possible to have a fit body without...

floobert

Is it possible to have a fit, toned body without having to get breast implants? Or does it just look incomplete without having them?

I do not understand this question really. I have a fit, toned body and no breast implants, just my own, natural 34 A's enhanced by a little Victoria's Secret lacy number.

What's the problem here?

Is there some ideal image you are shooting for? Why? What's wrong with your natural image, the fit, toned YOU?

I do not think I look incomplete w/out implants. Why should you think so of yourself?

To my mind there is something so definitely WRONG with the way Pamela Anderson looks. WRONG, WRONG, SO VERY WRONG.

Cathe is fit and toned, understatement, with no implants and I don't think many people would judge her as being somehow "incomplete."

I have read in so many places that what makes us special, unique, valued by others is our degree of imperfection..... Perfection is not attractive and is rather intimidating, whether it be intellectual or physical.

Clare

I agree with Clare.

And I don't understand the original question either?

Yes, there have been some threads here about breast implants, but don't let that lead you to believe everyone here is gung-ho about them.

Of course it's possible. "Fit" and "toned" have nothing to do with one's bra size.

Is your question about maintaining natural breast size while losing body fat? Most women lose some of their natural breast fat along with other body fat if they're focusing their diet and exercise plan on weight loss. There's no way to prevent that - you can't pick and choose where you'll lose your bodyfat.

Allison

Breasts are mostly fat. A fit, toned body has mostly muscle. From the perspective of a mom, which I am, breasts are primarily for feeding one's baby. The rest of my body gets to do everything else. The rest of my body is way more functional, hardworking and capable, and deserves more recognition than my boobs.

We see overblown breasts all over the media these days that even we, women, have forgotten how natural breasts look.

Is it possible to have a fit, toned body without having to get breast implants? Oh yeah. Look at Cathe. Look at the photos of the women here. Implants have nothing to do with fitness. Looks maybe, but health... absolutely not.

Pinky

IMHO, the most beautiful women in the world do not have implants, but are very fit. Jennifer Garner. Jennifer Lopez. (all Ben's Jen's so far, oh no!...) My husband absolutely adores Hillary Swank and Kate Beckinsale. All very beautiful women, sexy women, very fit and no cilicone. Well, maybe Kate B. does (not sure), but she is still small. (Does Uma Thurman have them? She is one hot mama too.) Anyways my point is that you do not have to have implants to complete a fit look. I certainly do not plan on getting them and I have nursed three kids. If anyone would need them it would be me!:eek:

Just wanted to say that breast size has a lot to do with gene's too. Some women naturally have more than others. I think most people really have a weight that best suits them. I don't think everyone is meant to be a 2 or 4,6 or even 8. There are a lot of women who start looking disproportionate because they lose too much weight. It all depends on how much breast tissue your genes say you have as to the size you'll be. Of course they look even larger when fat tissue sits on top of them too. But there's nothing wrong with having smaller breast and looking proportionate with your body. It can even be a blessing! Take it from somebody who can't wear so many cute shirts or workout tops just because there is no support! Don't feel bad, we all have our days!
It's a continuing process.....

I, for one, will have a lift and implants as soon as I am done breastfeeding my baby. (She is almost 4 months old.) I have 3 children, all breastfed for a year. I had my first baby when I was 21 and I will be 26 on Saturday. So in a 4 year time span, I have had 3 babies!!! And, this has aged my boobs about 50 years! There is no hope for them. So, I will feel more comfortable and "complete" after a little bit of plastic surgery!

Sara B

I agree with everyone's comments. Look at Cathe and she is an example of a very fit woman without breast implants. The size of your breasts (natural or not) doesn't have anything to do with fitness. Another thing is that getting plastic surgery to feel complete is a very wrong thought. You have to feel complete with yourself and all your imperfections first and then in that position of self love if you want to get plastic surgery then get plastic surgery. Doing the opposite of that is usually not a good thing.

The meaning of a fit or toned body has nothing to do with breast size...Sure, breast size is going to alter the physical look of your body but it has no bearing on wether or not your body is in shape....:)

~Wendy~

I smoked my last cigarette on March 17, 2004 at 10:00 pm!

http://lilypie.com/days/050519/1/0/1/-5/.png[/img]
EDD: 05/19/05

I think Cathe is is the exception. So it is basically the norm or expected if you get buff to get breast implants? Most of the women in fitness videos and magazines have them. If one day I wanted to become a personal trainer or something in the exercise/fitness field would it look out of place not to have them?

Seems like you're too focused on what you think others think of you. If you are noticing that the women in fitness magazines all seem to have implants, doesn't that mean that they are obviously "fake" to you? And why would you want that look fake yourself? I've noticed a great deal of critisism of FIRM instructors and Karen Voight for their choice in getting implants. It seems contrary to the philosophy of fitness. However, it was their choice to make.

If you want to get implants to feel better about yourself, then fine - go ahead. But if you think getting implants will "complete" the look of being fit - sorry, that doesn't make sense to me.

Diane

From what I have heard, if you already have some cleavage of your own, it will not go away from working out. The muscle will build under it. If you were flat to begin with a woman who works out a lot may get pecks like a guy. This happened to a woman I used to work with. She did get implants because she had a manly looking upper body. Keep in mind though, she was a hardcore weight lifter - way beyond just toned. It all depends on how much muscle you want to get and how important is it to you.

I've been reading this post for a while and have to chime in, I don't have an opinion as to what another woman does with her body. Everyone has their reasons and I respect that. However as someone who was in the bodybuilding world as a natural competitor (and state champ) I am here to tell you breasts have nothing to do with fitness as all the other ladies (with or without implants) are telling you here. I doubt anyone who gets them does it to feel more "fit". I can certainly understand your want (not need) for them as we decrease our body fat our breast reduce naturally since all they are are fat. I was a mid to full C when I started competing years ago at the age of 23. 5-6 years later at my final show I was an A or small B depending on those up and down 5-10 lbs we all seem to lose and find again (ugh). My bodyfat would dip as low as 5-6% so I was literally flat. Obviously not all of it came back and I think about it sometimes but I love my fit physique and wouldn't trade it for my old body any day. I for one do not like the appearance of implants on a body that is too lean as they appear fake. If thats the look you want, by all means go for it (I'll stop right there as I don't want to offend anyone). The problem with todays society is we want our women fit but to still look like a woman in the sense of curves (boobs and butt). Somehow this just isn't entirely possible without exterior enhancements. I don't think a body at 10% bodyfat is meant to be wearing a D up. The woman you see in fitness magazines get them to sell Sex and to sell magazines. Half of those competitors have photos on nudie websites, how do you think they make their money? Do you have an idea how much it costs to be a full time professional competitor? Yikes its insane. Lets face it, Most men buying these mags are going to go for the D cup to look at, but quite franky I don't want a man looking at me if thats all he sees. Forget about M&F Hers and Oxygen (although I love these mags) if you want to see real women. Look at Self or Fitness. You will see fit women, real women and none of them have implants and they are not posing provacatively. The “muscle mags” of the world are selling sex more than anything. Unfortunately in the “old” days of fitness implants were not the norm but what happens when you start to see all the girls with them winning? Well you jump on the bandwagon. I think you may be confusing fit with sexy. Although I consider my small boobs sexy on me ;)

I think I would take you more seriously as a trainer if you didn’t have them. If you do decide you need this, at least do something proportionate to your body type and bodyfat level. The point is to look natural not plastic. Everyone knows nobody with such low bodyfat can have big boobs so at least make then look as “real” as possible if you must. Believe me we can tell. Hopefully your motive is not motivated by the need to please someone else or the need for attention from men as I think these are the wrong reasons for getting them. Your more than just 2 boobs...way more.

Skye

"So it is basically the norm or expected if you get buff to get breast implants? Most of the women in fitness videos and magazines have them. If one day I wanted to become a personal trainer or something in the exercise/fitness field would it look out of place not to have them?"

Fitness-video instructors and the fitness models in magazines are a miniscule percentage of those in the exercise/fitness field. Some of them may have decided to conform to the media image of beauty - trim body with big boobs - and because that's a hard physique to get naturally if you have low bodyfat, they've gone for implants to achieve that image. Their bodies, their decision.

I wouldn't make a decision about my breasts based on what fitness magazines show me, unless I want to be in a fitness magazine.

If you want breast implants, that's a decision for you and your doctor. I don't think it's a necessary or even expected step if you want to be a PT or in the fitness field.

Allison

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.