Is it possible to burn DVDs?

susie2susie

Cathlete
I'm traveling overseas and will be there for 3 weeks. I'm wondering if it's possible to burn or copy my favorite DVDs to another set of DVDs (not into the computer) :Gym Style and Slow and Heavy to use while I'm there. I don't want to bring the originals because I'm afraid the airline might lose my bags. I think I might have read somewhere that you can't do it because there is a code or something like that preventing you from burning them.

Thanks,
Susie

Don't know if you can burn DVD's or not, but I have traveled with my Cathe DVD's overseas many times. I just put them into my purse. I would NEVER put them in checked luggage. Way too afraid of losing them. What are you going to use for weights when you get there? I found the gym I had access to only had weights in kilo's, so that's 2.2 pounds per kilo and it went something like 1 kilo (2.2 pounds), 5 kilos (11 pounds), 10 kilos (22 pounds), etc. I only worked out with the 1 and 5 kilo weights! Better than nothing! Have fun and good luck!

SooFit :)

What will you be playing the dvds on? I know European video standards are different than US.

I use Nero and I've made copies of copyrighted material. I don't know about the coding on SNM videos as I have older VHS stuff. I imagine you could copy it. Fair use usually allows you to have an archive copy. As long as the original and the copy are never in play at the same time you haven't violated anyone's copyright.

They have a universal DVD player overthere :) (I wonder if we can find one like that in the US???) Yes, I'll have to use dumbbells in Kilos. I'll have to go by how the weights feel in my hands. I'll bring my band too.

>I'll have to use
>dumbbells in Kilos. I'll have to go by how the weights feel in
>my hands.

1 kilo = 2.2 pounds (so just double the weight---ie: 10 kilos > 20--then add 10% of the result--10% of 20 is 2 > 20 + 2 = 22#).

Thank you so much for the math!!! I'm writing it down. However, someone else is going to have to convert all this for me when the time comes :)

Carry on is very limited. I'm not going to bring much with me on board since now we are forced to check everything. That's why I'm going to make copies of the workouts. Or may be I'll just bring them on board with me. They are not that heavy or bulky. But I'm also worried about damaging them too.

Hi dlavie,

What is "Nero" ? :) I'm a bit behind in technology world.

I am curious about your statement "Fair use usually allows you to have an archive copy. As long as the original and the copy are never in play at the same time you haven't violated anyone's copyright."

How does that work with DVDs?

Hi

Nero is a DVD duplicating software. You use that software in conjunction with a DVD burner (a hardware) to make copies.

Penny

P.S. Have a safe trip.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.