Is it OK...

runlikeagirl

Cathlete
I did MMA KB on Mon and MMA Boxing today do you think it will be ok to do MMA Fusion tomorrow? I am feeling some DOMS in my upper back. :D

Thanks Lori

Personally, I'd go for it. You haven't lifted weights the past two days, so the theory of waiting 48 hours for muscle fiber to recover doesn't apply. Listen to your body after this workout, could be a good experience to see where your endurance lies. As long as you aren't pushing on an over-use injury, you should be fine. What I've found is I can do any sort of free-training days on end, its the heavy lifting that I'm careful not to repeat before 48 hours on a muscle group.

I'd do another type of workout .
IMO, it's beneficial to cross train to avoid overuse of any one type of movement pattern.
Boxing, kickboxing and MMA all have punching in them, and your shoulders and elbows might appreciate a break from it.
(I love kickboxing and boxing, and at times I have to force myself to follow this advice!)

Hi there... i'd have to agree with Kathryn on this one. To be honest, your arms may answer that question for you tomorrow anyway. I always feel pretty sore the day after boxing and don't wanna hit my shoulders again.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.