Invisible jump rope section from Kickbox of CTX series

iceejolt

I was trying out portions of the CTX dvd and was pleasantly surprise to find some jumproping in Kickbox (KB). I had just completed my first Ropesport workout a few minutes earlier, so I was psyched to see Cathe had some of the same jump rope moves I just learned :7 . If you haven't tried it jump roping is so fun to do. I thought I would be bored since I love choreography, but Ropesport's w/o had some different moves to shake things up. I hope Cathe incorporate some more jump roping into her new series, maybe in Drill Max or the boxing series planned for next year. I know in some of her other w/o (step, hi/lo, kickbox) she has the basic jump rope move as a transition, hopefully she'll expand on what she did in KB and have an actual segment or more awesome an entire workout of jumpinp rope with moves like skiing, step/kick, scissors, jacks.

Cecilia

Do yo actually use a jump rope? That would be impossible for me to do in my living room (the ceiling light would no doubt be the first casualty!)

Jumproping is supposed to be an excellent workout, and good as a weight-bearing workout to reduce the risk of osteoporosis.

RE: Invisible jump rope section from Kickbox of CTX ser...

No I don't use the beaded jump rope yet because my feet kept tangling up with the rope when I tried just jumping without any of the fancy moves. I just did the w/o holding the detachable handles that came with my kit for now. My kit also has weights to add to the handles for additional resistance for the upper body. Without the actual rope the w/o isn't as tough and my heart rate didn't really climb that high, but when I tried simply jumping the actual rope after count 12 (that's the highest I got before I snagged the ropex( ) my heart rate was way up and I was out of breath somewhat. So bottom line jumping with rope is a great cardiovascular w/o, without the rope not as intense but still very fun.
My family room also has a low ceiling light so I'll be moving to the living room with the vaulted ceiling once I master rope jumping consistently :p .

Cecilia

I was thinking of buying Ropesport, but was curious as to whether it is a worthwhile purchase for the advanced exerciser. Jumping rope is something I would like to incorporate into my workouts.

It depends on what you're looking for. I'm also an advanced exerciser. I think if you like intense, more tricky footwork, and high concentration you may enjoy it. The dvds to me are a way to build on the simple jumprope move by teaching you additional move to do on the rope. I would recommend you buy the Ropesport intermediate or advance dvd ( I bought both so I can get a free jumprope) if you're like me and don't have any jumprope knowledge beyond the two foot jump or boxer shuffle. The w/o dvds are about 30 minutes each but I think once you've master the jumping rope and the variety of moves, you can create your own w/o. Like I posted before it's not like Imax 1,2,3 without the jumprope where your heart rate is up, but once you add the actual rope it really is like the blasts. I guess because you have to concentrate so hard on the timing of feet and rope, your heart rate speeds up.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.