Intuitive Eating Check In Again?

Hi! I hope this post finds everyone happy and healthy. Lately I've been having trouble with my appetite. It's probably from my bi polar disorder (manic depression). Years ago before my depressions were under control with meds I used to overeat. I haven't had that problem for about 20 yrs. But I can sometimes have it in spurts at the beginning of winter if I need my meds adjusted. So now it is spring. This is when I can get revved up into the other side of my illness which causes the opposite symptoms, like no appetite! This hasn't happened to me to this much of a degree before so I probably need some more fine tuning of my other medication which is probably not helping with the lack of appetite. Anyway I'm just trying to eat small meals every few hours because it's easier to get it down that way. At least I'm a good solid wt. No worry about getting undernourished here! Plus my one med (lithium) makes it very hard to lose wt. no matter what you eat or how hard you work out.
Sorry for rambling, Carmelle

Hey you guys! Where is everybody? Hope I didn't scare everyone off with my diagnosis! I've struggled with this for years before finding out what was really wrong with me. Now that I'm older and wiser I am very open about talking about mental illness. In hopes to help someone else come to terms with similar problems. Depression is a more common problem. I'm not a nut case, just a person with a "mood disorder" who sometimes is a little too happy, peppy and energetic or too sad, lethargic, and slow moving. But I'm fine now. It's nice to finally know how the other half lives!
Your friend in fitness, Carmelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.