Introductions and Getting To Know Each Other

RetroFit

Cathlete
Here's a starter thread that should get the awesome RT'ers for 2012 to know each other!

Please only share what you feel comfortable with. Just copy and paste this section below, feel free to add more lines and don't forget a pic! :D

New Jersey Cathlete Introductions and Getting To Know Each Other:

A Photo (attachment on this forum -so cool!)

Name / Forum Name:

Email Address / FB Address (not necessary - can pm for privacy)

Previous Road Trips

Where your from and family (again only if comfortable)

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership

Favorite DVDs/Videos:p

Favorite Step or other moves

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts

Fun Stuff:
Share a little something about yourself with the group and to make it fun add a favorite saying, favorite music, funniest moment - you pick...you'd be surprised who remembers what and how you name associate with each other :rolleyes:

...and anything else - this is totally up to you to discuss amongst yourselves. :cool:

You get out of it what you put into it....hmm where did that come from?:p

RetroFit - a little about me ;-)

Hello All - it's so exciting to be going to Cathe's Road Trip!

A Photo (attachment on this forum -so cool! - Below)

Name / Forum Name:
Cynthia Smith / Retrofit

Email Address / FB Address
[email protected]

Previous Road Trips
2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

Gulf Coast, MS

Live with my husband and pet schnauzer Beau on the beautiful Gulf Coast in Mississippi. Both children are on their own, youngest is at the Univ of Chicago. Note: Beau loves Cathe and knows the sound of her voice as well mine :p We all adore Cathe!

Around '99-2000
Forum: 03/04(lurk:eek:) Joined 2005

IMAX2 / LoMax / 4DS / CM & LIS followed by STS/HC series (ALL) :rolleyes:

Everyone that knows me knows this - "The SUMO" followed closely by slammits and hip hop repeaters.

Other workouts are Spinervals, Cardio Coach and FIT by Tracey and a smidgen of Beach Body...

Interests include photography and most all things media / digital related; & Music like JOURNEY! Classic Rock & Country...I'm a RocknCountryGal ♫

Fun Stuff: Smile!!! I'm privileged to be around and about the Road Trip having tons of fun while capturing EVERYONE having fun by way of Photos :p Don't be shy I'm one of you :eek:, remember this is your time to workout, visit, take photos and get autographs with Cathe.

I'll do everything I can to help you take these awesome memories home. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Suz-group.jpg
    Suz-group.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Gin-group.jpg
    Gin-group.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Cat-Trainer.jpg
    Cat-Trainer.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Chris-group.jpg
    Chris-group.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Cathe-RTgroupcenter.jpg
    Cathe-RTgroupcenter.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
A Photo -

That's me above. I'll see if I can find another pic to attach.

Name / Forum Name:

Just call me Cammie. :)

Retrofit I'll PM it to ya!

Previous Road Trips

This is my first! :D

I'm from New York City. I was born and raised here, and have a love/hate relationship with this city. Everything you could ever need or want is here... but sometimes there's TOO MUCH of everything. I'm 34, single, no kids. :cool:

I started working out at home in 2003. I was doing primarily firm workouts and was looking to branch out. I was on the yaya board and folks were talking about some chick named Cathe. :p (I remember wondering how to pronounce her name... in my mind I was calling her Cath... I thought the "e" was silent!) I looked her up and bought my first Cathe DVD, Kick Punch and Crunch. These days Cathe makes up about 90% of my home workout arsenal. I'll stray for a time and try other workouts but always come back to my beloved Cathe's. I've been a lurker for a while... Cathe had another message board before this one I think, right? I did have an older screen name on the old one and on this one, but I couldn't remember the password, so I just created a new name.

Favorite DVDs/Videos

Favorite Cathe workouts: KPC - Imax 2 - Step Blast - Athletic Training - Afterburn - Lower Body Blast - Turbo Barre - Cardio Kicks (the two dudes in the back are pure comedy!)

The last Step Blast combo! Y'all know the one I'm talking about! It's so skippy and peppy and fun. The last time I did SB I caught myself grinning like a cheshire cat! I cracked myself up!

I'm a freelance videographer and final cut pro editor. I also am in school part time working on my Master's degree in Media Studies. When I'm not working out with Cathe, I will pull out an Ilaria or a Paul Katami. I also dabble in kettlebells for a change of pace and love to swim at my gym in the summer months. I also love to travel, I've been to lots of cities in the US and a few in Europe.

Fun Stuff:
I LOVE 80s music! My iPhone is full of all things 80s. Tears for Fears, Queen, Madonna, Sade, Eurythmics, Phil Collins are some of my favorites.

Last edited:
fun!

Photo: I'm the blonde in the pic with Cathe above

Name / Forum Name: Teresa/FitChick25

Email Address: PM me

Previous Road Trips 2011 was my first!

Where your from and family (again only if comfortable) From Poughkeepsie. Married, no kids (yet).

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership heard about her workouts on Firm YaYas forum, haven't turned back since!

Favorite DVDs/Videos:p Drill Max, The Pyramids, and every single one she's done :)

step slam, hip hop repeater, skaters

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts Reading Agatha Christie novels and traveling (particularly cruising)

Fun Stuff: when I went to my first RT last year, I was in line to meet Cathe and the crew for the first time, and it occurred to me when I was the next one to go, that I actually had to SPEAK to my fitness idols! I panicked and sounded like a complete idiot when I met them. I think pretty much all I said was that I'm from NY and I'm looking forward to the LIS series:p

..and anything else - this is totally up to you to discuss amongst yourselves. :cool:

.[/QUOTE]

woohoo....i figured out to post a photo of myself (with the help of my husband:))....so that's me up there with my two babies....i know their heads are cut off....lol

Name / Forum Name:
Laquitta Scott, but just call me quitta and that's pronounced "QWEETA"/mrsyancy-b/c my husband's name is yancy and he is my best friend and the love of my life

[email protected]

Previous Road Trips
this is my first one....yay:eek:

I was born and raised in texas...i currently reside in cypress, tx....i have an absolutely wonderful husband(of almost 10 years now who is also my high school sweetheart) and two beautiful children...girl and boy(in that order)

i was actually introduced to cathe around 2006. i was working and one of the girls that i was working with was telling me about this workout that she was going home to do called butts and gutts by a lady named cathe(and the next day she could hardly walk)....and well the rest is history....i looked her up and have been hooked since and have all of her dvds except for her beginner/int ones, core max and the older stretch dvd/joined the forum in 2008 but only lurked for a while until i recently started posting on here

Favorite DVDs/Videos
imax 2(my all time fav), intensity, rhythmic step, maximum intensity cardio, and kpc (pretty much of all of them)

the last blast in imax 2 and hip hop repeaters

I love, love, love sports (football and basketball mostly to watch), but i love to go out and engage into any of them that i can get into and i love to be outdoors. I have tons of workouts, but cathe is my fav but i also very much enjoy michelle dozois and amy bento, oh and turbo fire

Fun Stuff:
people tell me that i am very bubbly and have too much energy. I love playing with my children and know that i am going to miss them so much when i go on this trip, but also know that i am going to have a blast. I am a registered nurse and love what i do, but have not worked since having my son, who is now two b/c i wanted to be home with my babies. May not be fun stuff but it's a lil something about me and what's dear to me:)

Last edited:

A Photo

I def need to update my avatar! I'm about 7 years older! YIKES!

Name / Forum Name:

DebbieH

[email protected]

Previous Road Trips

2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, & NOW 2012! Wheeeee!

Ohio

Shape Magazine! I loved Cathe's hairdo so I cut it out for my hairdresser! LOL! Later, I went to the website and here I am!

ALL of them and I have EVERY one!
STS! OF COURSE! A Masterpiece!
I'm blown away by the LISeries! I don't know how she made low impact soooo hard!

Hip-Hop Repeater, Ricochet, Triples Around the Board, Sumo's for Cynthia! :D

Jogging in Summer! OHIO weather!
Reading
Teaching aerobics
Anything fitness!
ROADTRIPS!

Fun Stuff:

I teach Hi/Lo Aerobics, my own company , "HeartSmart Aerobics" with some muscle endurance thrown in. I have the most FUN students. We have a blast in class and then, we go out to eat after the morning class! :D

I have the BEST hubby in the world who treats me like a QUEEN! Two wonderful kids, Julie 39 & Jonathan 33. Three BEAUTIFUL GK's! Kennedy is almost 12, Colton is almost 8 and Cooper just turned 4!

I love anything to do with fitness and I love to read. (Have you read The Hunger Games yet? DO IT! The movie comes our March 23!)

I can't wait to see all my "old" friends at the RT and meet all my NEW friends! See you all in July!!!!!!!! Be ready for the time of your life!

We're all in this TOGETHER!!!!!! Let's ROCK the house goooood!

Hey, y'all!!!

Don't have a recent one that I can post, but just ask Cyndi, she's got all sorts!

Name / Forum Name:
Amy/ alsrnbsn (it's my initials, my title; RN; and my bachelor's degree)

[email protected]

Previous Road Trips
This one will be my 4th officially attending in person, 5th if you count 'Flat Amy' back in 2009

I live in Pensacola, Florida, only about 1.5 hrs away from Cynthia, but my family is up in Chicago (yeah, not able to make the Chicago RT which would have been totally coo!)

Started off with FIRM, was branching out and bought LoMax off the internet. Worked on that a LONG time before going to the site and finding a whole new world

Favorite DVDs/Videos

I have to say that my fav is Low Impact Step, b/c of the music, but I am loving the new series

ti's gotta be the hip-hop repeater

Oh, I just started Kettlebell and I'm super intrigued with CrossFit, but not that [email protected]! Still working towards it!

Fun Stuff:
My favorite hobby is knitting. I have it everywhere I go....and I mean EVERYWHERE!!!

Can't wait to bear-hug everyone!

Last edited:
Hi everyone. My name is Mare and I'm currently on a quick lunch break so wanted to drop a quick hello. I'm on my iPad and I am not computer savvy -- don't know how to copy and paste the questions on this gadget. Also don't know how to post my picture:( Would love if someone could show me on the road trip:)

Quick run down: born in Philadelphia but moved to NC 6 years ago.

Worked out at a gym for a while but when I moved I started working out at home with Cathe. I see better results now then I ever did at the gym!

I have about 20 DVDs and I use them all regularly. I can't say I have a favorite because they are all great:)

This will be my first road trip, so excited!

Name / Forum Name:Debra Donaldson/Deb08

Email Address / FB Address (not necessary - can pm for privacy)will pm

Previous Road Trips None MY FIRST!!!

I live in Kennesaw, GA, north of Atlanta, the comfort of a small suburb with BIG city options. Also, we are the only city in the US that has a law on the books that we are required to have a gun. BTW, we have a very low crime rate. Guess why? No criminal wants to mess with a redneck with a gun, HA

Joined in 2007 but started with the FIRM in the middle 90's. Just found out about Cathe when posting on the FIRM. Have loved her ever since.

Favorite DVDs/Videos
I love "Rythymic Step" Can't do it all, but love it all the same.

I am a dancer from years back so all dance moves are favorites.

Just recently started clogging lessons.....I have taken and taught jazz, ballet, tap, but clogging
is new for me. Also, last year I graduated from Kennesaw State University with a certificate in Paralegal studies (with honors).

Fun Stuff:
Share a little something about yourself with the group and to make it fun add a favorite saying, favorite music, funniest moment - you pick...you'd be surprised who remembers what and how you name associate with each other

I am married with three children, 5 grandchildren and this trip is my 60th birthday present to myself. I will be 60 about 3 weeks after the trip. My saying is "I'll just do what I can do"!!!! But I'll have fun doing it!!!!@

Name / Forum Name: Tracy/ thartman

Email Address / FB Address (not necessary - can pm for privacy) [email protected]

Previous Road Trips 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2011 Disney

Where your from and family (again only if comfortable) Live in North Carolina with my husband and 5 year old son. originally from Pittsburgh

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership I found Cathe in a collage video catalog around 1994. i joined the forum in 1999 I don't post much just lurk ;-)

Favorite DVDs/Videos love low max, Hiit, lower body blast, all step videos(especially the older ones step heat, step max) gym style and the low impact series workouts are my new favorites

Favorite Step or other moves hip hop repeater

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts I love the beach and reading. playing with my son our favorite games are candyland and angry birds. We also love going to the park NC has some really awesome parks/ lakes to walk around.

Fun Stuff: I love going on roadtrips! they are always so much fun I always meet really nice fun people. I will come back with a song and/or saying later right now I can't think of anything my mind is going blank at the moment........lack of sleep :)

Photo: don't know how to upload from iPad

Name: Georjann Lee

Email: [email protected] on FB too

First RT and very excited :)

Where are you from and family: I'm from Birmingham, AL. lived here all my life. Married for 10 years in March. Met my husband at Golds Gym where I was the front desk girl. I have 2 kids, boy 5 yrs old and girl will be 9 in April. I have 2 schnauzers. A teacup/toy 10 years old named Kaylee and a platinum white that is 1 named Bristol. I'm a stay at home mom.

How you heard about Cathe: my freshman year in high school I got interested in fitness. Started out with the Buns Of Steel series with Tamilee Webb. After having my daughter I was ready to lose weight and start working out again. I started back with BOS and that just wasn't getting the job done. One morning I came across FitTV and there was Cathe! SHE got the job done and still does! I have compliments all the time about how I look and what I do.

Favorite DVD's: kickbox workouts! Brings back my karate days ;). I have a black belt too. I love all her workouts

Other interests: my favorite band is Chicago. I see them just about every year. I flew all the way to San Diego, CA to see their concert for my birthday 2 years ago and got to meet the band :). I love tigers especially white ones. Last year for my birthday I got to spend an afternoon playing with 3 white tiger cubs! Sweetest animals! I have raised 2 squirrels. The first one we brought back to life pretty much after hurricane Katrina. Then the second one my husband drove to Huntsville to meet his sister that had found one. Those are very affectionate animals.

Fun Stuff: enjoying time with family and working out with Cathe

Name / Forum Name: Delia/ deliabroussard

Email Address / FB name: [email protected]

Previous Road Trips: Houston 2010, Disney 2011

Where your from and family: I am from a very small rural community near the coastal region of south Louisiana.

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership: I've been a Cathe fan since finding her on Fit TV. When I first viewed one of her workouts I thought to myself there was no way I could do an entire workout....but years later I've exceeded my own expectations.

Favorite DVDs/Videos: LOVE the new Low Impact Series!!! My favorite workout would have to be High Reps.

Favorite Step or other moves: Hip Hop and kickbox repeaters

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts: There is a small Karate Dojo in town where I enjoy kickboxing four days a week. It is one hour of pure adrenaline and I leave completely drenched but accomplished each night! I would like to one day enroll in an adult karate class.

Fun Stuff: My husband and I enjoy traveling around the country on adventure trips such as skiing or mountain climbing. We recently vacationed in Steamboat Colorado and enjoyed skiing and snowmobiling. We hope to return next year and try snowboarding!

I'll give it a go....

Introductions and Getting To Know Each Other:

A Photo I'm top left next to Suzette, and one of me and lovely Cyndi (retrofit) that started the thread.

Name / Forum Name: Melissa/ Ly10up

Come find me on facebook Melissa Groh Day

Previous Road Trips
I've been to 4 Glassboro trips 2008-2011

I live in upstate NY. I was born there, lived in Boston for 10 years and somehow made my way back in the 90's I have an understanding husband, a very funny 8 year old, a large dog that sleeps for a living and 6 fish who do very little.

Hmmm, A friend introduced me to Musclemax when I asked about strength training. I joined the forums in 2007 I think, Lurked for a bit, I'm still a lurker I guess.

STS, Body Max 2 will always have a space in the workout room, Imax2, 4DS, LIC retro and new, Afterburn, CycleMax all of them.

hip hop repeater, sumos, box lunge, any turny step thing, mambo, reverse V step, round the world and other moves....jab, cross, hook, upper (just gimmee some)..any kicks, love the weights. Hates: Burpees

I love to Golf, and an enormous amount of joyous effort goes into home improvement on the money pit, Other workouts include spinning, kettlebells, cardio coach.

Fun Stuff:
Share a little something about yourself with the group and to make it fun add a favorite saying, favorite music, funniest moment - you pick...you'd be surprised who remembers what and how you name associate with each other :rolleyes:

I love working on my money pit with my husband, I'm pretty good with a paintbush and a hammer. I make mean appetizers, but hate to bake. Music? love it all.

Best part of the Road trips: Laughing, you know that I can't stop, giggle like you're 10, tears out your eyes, water comes out your nose type of laugh. These road trips are full of that. So many funny moments, and we get to do it again!!

I can't wait to see you all.

Attached Thumbnails

5502-disney-cathe.jpg

5501-my-daughter-kindergarten-graduation.jpg

Name / Forum Name:jdimascio - Jennifer DiMascio

[email protected]

Previous Road Trips
Disney 2011, Glassboro -2011

Philadelphia, PA...currently live outside of Philly. I have 4 children (Ben -11, Grace - 9, Emma - 7, & Noah - 5). Met my husband in College (Drexel) and we have been married for 13+ years.

I used to overwork my body by running nearly everyday and lifted a "little", but didn't know how to really challenge myself. My husband bought me Cathe's Gymstyle Series and I was hooked (2006). I added her entire library very quickly, the more DVDs I tried the more I bought....I love all of her workouts, she is a genius!!! A lurker on the forum for years, joined 01/2010.

Favorite DVDs/Videos
All of the Imaxes, Intensity, STS, Anything step, LIS series, HIIT, CCC, Boot camp, PUB, STS TB, High Reps, Butts & Guts, LBB....I better stop, I should just say all of them!!!

I tried step in College, felt like I had 2 left feet...tried a Cathe step DVD and haven't stopped stepping. I LOVE step. Love hip hop repeaters, Power 15s, ricochets, any combo with a jack, jumping onto the step, jump freeze,shuffle down the board, pendulums, floor sweeps…once again too many to name!

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts: I am a runner, I show up at races hoping to win, which can be quite nerve racking, but I am just really super competitive!! Started playing sports when I was 8, and never stopped. I played 3 sports in college - field hockey, lacrosse, and cross country. I am currently a personal trainer and I teach women boot camp classes, as well as the TRX. I also work part time at a Pharma company.

Share a little something about yourself with the group and to make it fun add a favorite saying, favorite music, funniest moment - you pick...you'd be surprised who remembers what and how you name associate with each other.
I used to be in a band with my sister. I mainly sang backup/harmonies. It was fun, and I give anyone credit who is the center of stage (Cathe), I am much better in the background!!

Fun Stuff...and anything else - this is totally up to you to discuss amongst yourselves.
Cathe's gym is about 1 hour from my home. So, on one Friday, about 2 years ago, I decided to just show up and take a step/Upper body class. I was in complete awe when I saw Cathe enter the room. I looked around and everyone else didn't seem to think it was a big deal (obviously, they go to her class all the time and are used to seeing her in person). But I just couldn't understand why no one else wanted to run up to her a give her a big hug. Anyway, the class was amazing she really impressed me when she took time afterwards to talk with me after class. She was so sweet and genuine...exactly as I had pictured!!

Last edited:
@jennifer.....hahahaha....at least can get a pic on here....i still can't figure out how to put one on here......not a computer person..can u tell?....lol:)...pitiful...hahahah

The above pic is 4 years old, need to update

Name / Forum Name:
Suzette /seapd33

Previous Road Trips
2008, 2009 (NJ and Daytona),2010,2011

Born in Jamaica, migrated to Florida in 1988, and remained in Fl. I am married for 10+ years,with three kids (Jaden 9y,Jayme 6y, Jolene almost 4y)

Fit TV in 2006,then went to her website and never left

Favorite DVDs/Videos
KPC (my first)
Loving the Low impact series (at the moment)
Love them all :)

Hip Hop repeaters

Love spinning, cardio coach

Fun Stuff:
I hate flying, but love coming on the road trips, love to be with the family

Last edited:
@jennifer.....hahahaha....at least can get a pic on here....i still can't figure out how to put one on here......not a computer person..can u tell?....lol:)...pitiful...hahahah

To get a picture on, you just need the URL of the location on the web of the picture. For example, I just used the pictures on my Cathe Forum profile. It contains an http link and you just use that...now, I can't guarantee that it won't be super big like mine, but it will load a picture.

Hope this helps!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.