Introductions and Getting To Know Each Other

Okay, let me try this again. Like everybody else, I've been so busy lately! Realized I'd better find some time to go shopping in the next week, because I only have 2

Chicago Cathlete Introductions and Getting To Know Each Other:

A Photo (attachment on this forum -so cool!)

Name / Forum Name:

Email Address / FB Address (not necessary - can pm for privacy)

Previous Road Trips

Where your from and family (again only if comfortable)

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership

Favorite DVDs/Videos:p

Favorite Step or other moves

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts

Fun Stuff:
Share a little something about yourself with the group and to make it fun add a favorite saying, favorite music, funniest moment - you pick...you'd be surprised who remembers what and how you name associate with each other :rolleyes:

...and anything else - this is totally up to you to discuss amongst yourselves. :cool:

You get out of it what you put into it....hmm where did that come from?:p

.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Oh for Pete's sake...I don't know why I keep "sending" this message while typing...my apologies everybody for the 1/2 posts! Anyway, let's just say I'll be showing up untrained (was actually scared, but not surprised, to read that some are training for this road trip), but hopefully I'll at least have enough workout clothes. :)

A Photo (attachment on this forum -so cool!).

Hmmm...this is beyond my abilities. I'm 5'8 with brown hair and brown eyes. You can see the real me in Chicago. :)

Name / Forum Name:

Pam/Trixoo

PM me please

Previous Road Trips.

None. This is my first. :)

I'm from Michigan. I've also lived in Vermont. Both states are wonderful places to live.

I "discovered" Cathe in May 2010 when I was looking for more of a challenge in my workouts and saw that something called HiiT was consistently on the Collage top 10 sellers list...I read some of the reviews and ordered it and CCC. Boy did Cathe ever deliver! I've been working out with her ever since. I found the forums a while after, lurked for a few months, then joined. BTW, I'd heard of Cathe before because I was really into step in the 90's, but was always too intimidated to try her ultra tough workouts. Silly me!!!!

Favorite DVDs/Videos

Oh I love them all, but most particularly like cardio that's less choreographed. I most consistently reach for HiiT and CCC. My newest favorite is AT. For strength training, I long to be able to complete all 3 mesos of STS, but each time I've tried, I've been interrupted after meso 1. I'm going to start again in the beginning of August. I love MM and gym styles, hi reps and my newest find (but an oldie to most of you) Muscle Endurance.

I like almost all of Cathe's moves and the variety...no particular favorites.

Thanks to Cathe I discovered that I love spinning! I don't have a bike at home, but found a kick butt instructor near my house. She reminds me a lot of Cathe...encouraging, but tough, always getting more out of me than I think I have to give. I love running, but although I never have knee problems otherwise, my left knee won't cooperate, so now I only run in my day dreams (I have lots of day dreams!)

Fun Stuff:

I like gardening, the seemingly endless renovation of my home, traveling, spending time with friends and family and my two sweet babies...my kitties Boo and Trixie...hence my forum name Trixoo.

A Photo (attachment on this forum -so cool!)

Name / Forum Name:Lynnmarie Finn

[email protected]

Previous Road Trips: This is my very first!!

I live in the western suburbs of Chicago. My daughter is also coming to the road trip in Geneva but she's driving from central Wisconsin

I saw a VHS tape of a Cathe workout at a Suncoast video store back in 1996. The video is no longer produced by SNM. It blew me away, cuz up til that time I was doing Firm videos (very expensive) and a variety of step (Jane Fonda...JANE FONDA??, Kari Anderson, Kathy Smith, etc). No one challenged me like Cathe. I started ordering from her website and the rest is history. I don't know if Im going to be the oldest road tripper at Geneva, but Im sure I'll be pretty darn close :^P

Favorite DVDs/Videos
Can I say ALL? Cathe just gets better and better.

One of my all time fav step moves is the pendulum. Also hip hop off the side of the step. As I've gotten older some of those moves have gotten a bit challenging at times, but I'm thankful I can curse at or laugh with Cathe and the gang in the privacy of my own home.

Im a pediatric ICU/Neonatal ICU RN by profession and practice. I love to read (I'll have my Nook with me on the road trip), I make intricate jewelry (all stitching with pearls and swarovski crystal). Im pretty crafty, I guess. I also love to cook, and I enjoy putting together menus based on sound, healthy ingredients.
As far as other workouts: I own several of the older Firm videos that will always be classics in my eyes, but I exclusively do Cathe these days.

Fun Stuff: Since this is my first road trip and my daughter will be with me, I'm feeling a little less awkward than I might if I were attending alone. In the last 8 years Ive had a severe knee injury (unrelated to Cathe) requiring major surgery and two hip replacements. So my fitness regimen has suffered and Ive had to restart my workouts at beginner level several times in the last 8 years. I long for the days when I barely turned a hair doing a challenging Cathe step video. Getting old ain't for sissies, as my husband says. Regardless, I intend to keep on fighting the good fight even if I can't always keep up! LOLOL
I look forward to meeting other road trippers. It should be a fun and exciting and inspiring weekend!

A Photo: Sorry, don't have a photo of me to put online. I'm about 5'4", brown hair, brown eyes.

Name / Forum Name: Brenda Mundt / mbmundt

PM Me please

Previous Road Trips: This is my first and probably my last.

West Bend, WI

I saw Cathe's DVD's in the Collage Video catalog and for so many years often wondered how the workouts were. Probably about 5-6 years ago I decided to give it a try and I was addicted. My Cathe library grew from there.

Favorite DVDs/Videos
Body Max 2
STS
Kick,Punch, and Crunch
Intensity
4DS - Kickboxing
Bootcamp - the original
Gosh... I have sooo many favorites. :)

straddle taps and toe taps. Not too many moves that I don't like.

Working out is always at the top of the list and then gardening and landscaping... I love being outside and playing in the dirt. Nothing taste as good as getting a fresh vegetable out of your own garden. Taking care of my two precious boys.. my cats Smokey and Bandit. Bandit is diabetic and requires two insulin shots a day. Unfortunately he doesn't like anyone beside me and my husband so going away for a weekend is challenging. On Saturday my husband will be traveling back home to take care of him and give him his shot and then driving back to Lake Geneva. He knows how badly I wanted to come to this Road Trip.

Fun Stuff:
One of my favorite sayings is "no time for down time". With what I have going at home in my personal life and at work, I definitely have no time for down time. Not that anyone does. This will be a very unique experience for me. I'm used to working out by myself in my basement. I haven't worked out in a group like this before. I'm not the most graceful so I just hope I don't trip over my own feet. As much as I enjoy step, it doesn't bother me too much that we won't be doing step on this trip because I have had my moments where I was jumping around and slipped right off that step. Thankfully I never hurt myself too much. Right now I'm in the process of going to school to get certified as a personal trainer through ACE. After that I would like to continue on and get certified as a Lifestyle and Weight Management Coach. My goal is to get out from behind the computer 10 hours a day and do something I enjoy and that I am passionate about. I've wanted to do this for so many years. My regret is that I waited until I was 44 years old to do it. I have to work a long time yet and I'd really like to work those years doing something I love.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!! It's coming up quick!!

Brenda

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.