Introductions and Getting To Know Each Other

Name / Forum Name:

Lori/runlikeagirl
Email Address / FB Address (not necessary - can pm for privacy)

Previous Road Trips

NJ 2009 and 2010. This will be my first destination RT.

Where your from and family (again only if comfortable)

I am from Central Massachusetts. Married with 3 boys, 17, 13, and 10.

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership

I found Cathe on Fit TV 2004, I knew I was missing out on not having the actual workout.

Favorite DVDs/Videos:p

KPC, LIS, 4DS, Drill MAX, Oh I love them all well that is, except for IMAX 3. :eek::eek:

Favorite Step or other moves

Hip hop repeaters, V Step on, off and reverse, slam ins, cha cha's etc etc etc...:eek:

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts
I only own CATHE DVD's. I enjoy walking and running. Watching my boys play hockey, baseball, and basketball.

A Photo:
I am a total digital klutz, so the only photo I have on here is my daughter in marching band her freshman year in high school. Any tips?

Name / Forum Name:
Nancy / Gibbee

Email Address / FB Address:
PM me

Previous Road Trips:
This is my very first Cathe Road Trip - EVER!!!!!!! I am SO excited - and scared!

Where you are from / family:
Missouri. DH is coming along on the trip with me. I wish my DD could also attend. She has ‘known’ Cathe since she was little, but she is now a freshman in college and will only be 2 weeks from finals at that point. Too close to miss class. She is so excited for me but also very disappointed to not to get to meet Cathe herself. (Yes, the begging began the minute I told her I signed up!)

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership:
I am a total Cathlete!!! I found Cathe through Videofitness (I've been on VF since 1996) and remember reading all of these great reviews online. I got Body Max on VHS but I was intimidated by the step work. I ended up buying Maximum Intensity Strength and loved it and went on to buy Power Hour, Slow & Heavy, etc. when she released a big set of VHS workouts together… later followed by another set. Then when Cathe released her first full set of DVD's I jumped in with both feet and bought all but the cardio DVD in the bundle - it was such a deal and so 'high tech' at the time and I really wanted the weight training workouts on DVD. All Cathe. All Weights. All good!

Favorite DVDs/Videos:
Cathe's weight training - period. Also MMA Boxing. Love it!!!! Kick Punch & Crunch, 4DS Kickbox, etc.

Favorite Step or other moves:
The warm-up to 4DS LIS is awesome! I love the hip hop step. And Cathe is positively radiant. I also love any and all back and biceps training. Can’t get enough! (And I can always use more back training.) I would love to see Cathe do another all weight workout.

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts:
I also enjoy a few other instructors like Kelly, Gilad, etc., and recently have done some Skogg and RKS (I'm down to just needing to do #16 to complete it... ) I originally started out with Denise Austin videos and The Firm years ago thanks to Collage and a secretary who was in love with The Firm back then.

Fun Stuff:
I just went kayaking for the first time this month. It was near Sanibel Island and the waters were calm. Thankfully my paddling partner was the powerhouse and helped keep it moving. I can’t swim, so this was a big feat for me – although I found out that for a good part of the time the water was 3’ deep or less just before we left land. Thank goodness!

I am currently doing STS (again) but I may interrupt it to do some LIS workouts to prepare for the road trip. I do happen to have a first degree black belt in Songahm Taekwondo but haven't been to the dojo in a couple of years.

While in the area at Lake Geneva, DH and I are planning to go to one of the local zip line companies and take a zip line tour. Another first for me!

I can’t wait to meet Cathe and all of you. It will be fun! Hope I can keep up! ;)

Do I get to play too?

What a fun thread Cyn! Thanks for starting this!

Name / Forum Name:

Cathe Friedrich/Cathe

Email Address / FB Address
write to customer service and they will forward it to me :)

Previous Road Trips
I believe I went to all of them, lol

Glassboro, NJ

I grew up in north Jersey and went to Glassboro State College (now Rowan University) back in 1982-86. I met my business partner a mile from the college while teaching fitness classes part time. We formed Step N Motion aka Cathedotcom. The rest is history :)

We started our website in 1995....the web graphics were so basic and antiquated back then. We've come a long way ;)

Step N Motion one holds the most special place in my heart because it was my very first step project on my own.

Not sure if I have one. Can somebody loan me theirs? :D

I love to go into NYC for a day and take fun classes at popular studios. I love experiencing other forms of fitness too (Ie: karate, dance, gymnastics) Basically I love anything and everything as long as I feel worked out when I'm done.

I love to dine out and also enjoy experiencing foods from other countries. If time and money were no object I would love to travel the world, but would always need to have a beach close by :) I grew up in Long Beach Island, NJ (every summer up until 18) and the beach is total therapy for me. I also love music, dance, make up, skin care and fashion.....most especially shoes, handbags and coats.

Fun Stuff: I love spending time with my boys Eric 12 and Kyle 10 (well 10 on tax day :)). They bring me so much happiness. I love that I am still the rock star of their worlds although I do feel my 12 year old starting to pull away towards independence (but thankfully it's not that bad yet). I love coming home from a day of work to their big hugs, hearty laughs and them telling me every detail about their day. I cherish every minute of my time with them because I know they grow way too fast!!!

Chicago Cathlete Introductions and Getting To Know Each Other:

A Photo (attachment on this forum -so cool!)
This is a photo of my family from my daughter's confirmation. Hubby is coming with me so you may recognize him as well!

Name / Forum Name:
Paula/Paulababy

I'm on facebook

Previous Road Trips
None - this is my first!! I figured this would be my one and only chance to meet Cathe :cool:

Suburbs of St. Louis. Married for 17 years to my best friend and have a beautiful 15 yo daughter and quite handsome 13 yo son. And I can't forget my other "baby", my Heinz 57 pup named Summer who we got from the Humane Society 3 years ago.

Started out with Denise Austin, moved on to The Firm, and found Cathe through collage's website where everyone raved about her. So glad I found her!

Cardio & Weights if my favorite all-time fun favorite. Not super hard, but I'm always smiling when I'm finished with it.

I think it's called a pump repeater? Always fun in IMAX2!

I like Amy Bento for her cardio workouts. I like doing some non-step every now and then and she has lots of fun routines. I also enjoy (trying to) water ski and tube during boating weather.

Fun Stuff:
Cathe's the same age as me, so I figure if she can "just do it", so can I!! I will turn 48 one week after the roadtrip, so this is my present to myself. I can't wait to meet everyone :D

Attachments

• IMG_0084.jpg
    IMG_0084.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 16

Name / Forum Name:

Lisa/LthePoet

I'm on Facebook

Previous Road Trips

2011 Disney

I grew up in Upstate NY, but moved to Virginia for college in the mid-90s and have lived in various parts of the state since. Currently in the Tidewater area(southeastern part of the state) with my husband and 2 dogs.

First caught Cathe on FitTV in the in summer-fall of 2010 when I was searching for a more challenging work-out than the Denise Austin workouts I was doing. Saw the website logo and came here, but I don't think I joined until I signed up for the Disney RT.

Favorite DVDs/Videos

I'm a big step fan - Low Max and Rhythmic Step are my faves. Also love KPC. Pyramid Upper Body is probably my fave weight work-out.

Rhythmic Ls and mambo-cha-cha combos

I love to travel, especially Disney World (guess why I went to that RT?) :cool: I try to work-in some outdoor fitness (jogging) with DH and our dogs (we have a Dalmatian who loves to run) around my sometimes hectic work schedule.

Fun Stuff:

I'm an introvert, so this is already more than I usually manage to share...

:cool:

Last edited:

Name / Forum Name:
Michelle / Laketime

I am on FB

Previous Road Trips

San Diego. What a fantastic experience! I've included a few pictures from that RT. I didn't know anyone when I arrived, but met so many wonderful people.

We live in the suburbs, west of Chicago. My daughter is an Iowa Hawkeye and my son is in high school.

I started with Basic Step around 2006 and found the forum when the set with DrillMax was released. My first preorder was 4DS.

Enjoy them all, especially 4DS Kickbox, MMA Boxing and HiiT Pyramids. However, they're getting a bit dusty since I'm deep into the 3 month STS/LIS rotation....loving it!

It's not a "move", but I bought a spin bike just for CycleMax. I really enjoy it.

Running (nothing too long; my longest race was a 9k sponsored by Title 9). I also enjoy travel (which I do quite a bit of in my job) and drinking red wine. So, no surprise, some of my best trips have been to Napa ;)

Fun Stuff:
Share a little something about yourself with the group and to make it fun add a favorite saying, favorite music, funniest moment - you pick...you'd be surprised who remembers what and how you name associate with each other :rolleyes:

One of the pictures from the San Diego RT was our dinner group. We were teasing each other because our names weren't called during the raffle, thus the "loser" gesture .... what a good time with new friends. I am fortunate to be attending both RTs this year. I have a milestone birthday in May (50!), so this is my special treat.

Attachments

• a table of good times.jpg
    a table of good times.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 20
  • after a great workout.jpg
    after a great workout.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Beach bootcamp 01.jpg
    Beach bootcamp 01.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 19
  • on the beach after bootcamp.jpg
    on the beach after bootcamp.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 19
Time to introduce me!

A Photo : See Avatar

Name / Forum Name: Sherry K

Email Address / FB Address: Yep, on FB

Previous Road Trips: This is my first!

Where you’re from and family: Living now in SE MI (Detroit Suburbs) with DH, DS – 15, and DD – 13. Born and raised in CardinalNation (St. Louis).

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership: Introduced to Cathe via Collage when wanting to move beyond the Firm back in ’05; joined the Forum when I joined a check-in group using the Pyramids for a BFL style rotation – back in ’07 I think.

Favorite DVDs/Videos: The ones I started with are the ones I tend to go back to: Pyramids, Gym Styles but also enjoy the kickboxing

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts: Running – training for a half in Oct., also easy to do with my crazy travel schedule, but now TravelFit and TurboBarre come along, too!

Fun Stuff: I don’t like to cook but love to bake; quite the shutterbug and scrapbooker; and my family is wondering if I’ll talk back to Cathe when she’s in front of me at the RT like I do when I’m at home.

I have some in my profile.

Name / Forum Name:
Cindi. Forum name is Cindi1

PM me!

Previous Road Trips
NONE

I live with my family in Wheaton Illinois and work in St. Charles so I see I have some neighbors going to the RT!

I had an early step workout back in the early 90's. Then I got sidetracked, had children, and started back again around 2002 with MuscleMax. At first I was overwhelmed by the forum and the choices. I poured over the descriptions trying to understand what was available and what to do. I learned a lot!

Favorite DVDs/Videos
PUB/PLB
Step Blast

Non-Cathe workouts I have a lot of FIRM, Jillian, Bob Harper, and Chalene

Hard to say. I do like the more dancy step moves.

I run when I'm not injured. I love my spin class. I have taken a lot of martial arts in the past.

Fun Stuff:
If I'm not working out or eating, I will be knitting or crocheting. Any other knitters/crocheters? Bring your WIPs!

Name / Forum Name:
Erika/dolphindreamer

pm

Previous Road Trips

This is my first!

From Glenview, IL. I've been married 17 years (in April) with 3 children. I have 2 ds-13 (in 8 days) and 10. I have a dd who is 5. We have our furry family members-2 dogs, bunny, hermit crabs and a snake (well they aren't all furry :)

I don't remember exactly. My sister gave me a Firm video about 15 years ago. I wanted to buy more so I was looked online and somehow found Cathe. My first purchase was "Step Heat" and the rest was history.

Favorite DVDs/Videos
Love STS, 4DS, MM, most of Cathe's step, lots of k.b., Athletic Step, Rythmic Step, Hiit, the new low impact series.

Love power 7's, fast foot moves, there are so many more but I can't for the life of me recall the names of them

I love to run with my dogs.
I also love to make up my own workouts involving my jump rope and alternating various Cathe athletic blasts that I remember off the top of my head.

Fun Stuff:
Share a little something about yourself with the group
Our family is animal crazy. We love almost all of them.
Like so many other Cathe fans, my kids all grew up with her since they were infants. I think she taught them their very first math lessons.
My 5 year old walked into my bedroom the other day saying "jab, jab, cross, cross, upper, hook, shin!" Made me smile
This may creep some people out. Cathe has no idea she is a snake charmer. My son's snake tank is close to my workout space. Whenever I work out to Cathe, the snake must like all the high impact vibrations and appears from it's underground burrow.

Attachments

• DSC05273.jpg
    DSC05273.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 13

My flattering one is already posted as my profile pic. ;)

Name / Forum Name:
Kay or Karen / chikaygo

https://www.facebook.com/karen.oram

Previous Road Trips
none!

I'm from the southside of Chicago..however currently living in Oshkosh, WI. Gotta live where the jobs are!

My mom introduced me to Cathe when i was in high school, i've basically been exercising to Cathe since i've been old enough to be interested in health and exercise!

Favorite DVDs/Videos
I love the 4DS series...great music, great choreography.

Love starbursts, hip hop repeaters and pendulums! Also the low impact squat digs, ouch!

I like swimming and volleyball. So VERY excited about the Olympics coming up this summer (i am an olympics FREAK!).
I am also an avid reader...i love my nook. :D

Fun Stuff:
I will be coming to the Chicago Road Trip with my mom. We've been hoping and praying for this to happen since Cathe announced road trips in different locations. After moving to Wisconsin in early 2010 i knew a Chicago road trip would end up being a road trip for me too. But how perfect is it that it ended up in Lake Geneva..which is a perfect halfway point for me and my mom (who still lives in the Chicagoland area)?!? We are both totally thrilled and cannot wait!

Name / Forum Name: Tracy Wolfe/restday

Previous Road Trips - none! I'm so glad Cathe is coming to Chicago so I can go!

Where your from and family (again only if comfortable) - Indianapolis area. I'm married with two kids, 3 and 6.

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership - I was looking for more intensity after doing Gin Miller's Intense Moves for a bunch of years. Also, my health club classes weren't challenging me. I got Imax 2/C&W and was hooked. I remember that after the 3rd interval of Imax 2 I was both totally depressed by and inspired to improve my fitness level!/2004? I'm mostly an avid lurker.

Favorite DVDs/Videos - Probably KPC is my desert island workout, but I love 'em all.

Favorite Step or other moves - I love me the dancy stuff, like pivots, cha-chas, mambos, reverse mambo, and also kicking and punching imaginary opponents.

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts - Knitting, music, reading, knitting, friend-time, travel, sitting around outside in the summertime, and knitting

Attachments

• IMG_1166.jpg
    IMG_1166.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Chicago - Getting to know you!

I am late to the party!! I’ve been so busy this past month and a half that I really only started thinking about the RT TODAY!! I have nothing to wear, don’t remember the name of rental car company, and starting to panic….

Name / Forum Name: Lisa Ritter -upnorthchick

Previous Road Trips – NJ 2009

Where your from and family (again only if comfortable): I Grew up in suburbs of Seattle. Family is still there but I live in the Brainerd Lakes area of Minnestoa with my wonderful husband.

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership: Saw Cathe on FitTV doing KPC! 2003, I believe. I was hooked from the first “hook” :D

Favorite DVDs/Videos - LOVE the new LIS series- CSS, AB, AT, & Trisets are my fav’s from that series. CTX is still one of my favorites too, and Imax 2, and High Reps, and…. So many!!

Favorite Step or other moves – I love pivot turns, mambos (esp the ones in LM), and V-steps.

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts – biking and spinning, reading, Crocheting, TV (yes, I’m a TV addict).

Fun Stuff – I met my husband on eHarmony. We’ve been married for 5 years! We’ve been remodeling our little house for over a month and I have had very little time for working out. I will surely die at the RT :eek:- LOL! This remodel is 5 years in the making. I’m finally getting a new kitchen, updated bathroom, new flooring, and closets!! My workout space is still about a 5x4 area BUT I can use my Cathe disc now :p

Last edited:
Hi all:
thought I already replied to this, but I don't see it, so here goes.

Chicago Cathlete Introductions and Getting To Know Each Other
:

Name / Forum Name: Jean / dreamyjeanie

just message me

Previous Road Trips 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, Daytona, San Diego, Houston, 2011.

Where your from and family (again only if comfortable) Originally from Northern California but have lived in Texas (Fort Worth area) for 28+ years. My husband and I have been married for almost 29 years. We have a 25 year old daughter.

I found her on FitTV and her workouts jsut clicked. Heard about the 2005 road trip on the Weight Watchers Forum and decided to attend. Since then I have been totally hooked.

Rhythmic Step is my all time favorite.

Hip Hop Repeater

I enjoy jogging, spinning and biking. Although lately I haven't been getting in as much as I would like. I love animals. I currently have a crazy golden retriever who is my jogging buddy.

Fun Stuff:
My forum name is dreamyjeanie, not because I think I'm dreamy (although with Cathe's help maybe one day I will be) but because I have always been a big day dreamer.

Can't wait to meet and see everyone at the road trip.

Jean

I'm also so le posting...I thought I'd wait until I had time to include a photo, but that's just never going to happen. I've been super busy at work the last few months.

Name / Forum Name:

Previous Road Trips

Fun Stuff:
Share a little something about yourself with the group and to make it fun add a favorite saying, favorite music, funniest moment - you pick...you'd be surprised who remembers what and how you name associate with each other :rolleyes:

...and anything else - this is totally up to you to discuss amongst yourselves. :cool:

You get out of it what you put into it....hmm where did that come from?:p

.[/QUOTE]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.