Introductions and Getting To Know Each Other

RetroFit

Cathlete
Introductions and Getting To Know Each Other Here's a starter thread that should get the awesome RT'ers for 2010 to know each other!

Please only share what you feel comfortable with.
Just copy and paste this section below, add your info and don't forget a pic!

A Photo
(attachment on this forum -so cool!)

Name / Forum Name:

Email Address / FB Address (not necessary - can pm for privacy)

Previous Road Trips

Where your from and family (again only if comfortable)

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership

Favorite DVDs/Videos:p

Favorite Step or other moves

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts

Fun Stuff:
Share a little something about yourself with the group to make it fun add a favorite saying, favorite music, funniest moment - you pick...you'd be surprised who remembers what and how you name associate with each other :rolleyes:

...and anything else - this is totally up to you to discuss amongst yourselves. :cool:

Last edited:
Here's what I posted from the New Jersey Road Trip...just to get this started :p

A Photo (attachment on this forum -so cool!

Name / Forum Name:
Cynthia Smith / Retrofit

[email protected]

Previous Road Trips
2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

Gulf Coast, MS

Live with my husband and pet schnauzer Beau on the beautiful Gulf Coast in Mississippi. Both children are on their own, youngest finishing at the Univ of Chicago. Note: Beau loves Cathe and knows the sound of her voice as well mine :p We all adore Cathe!

Around '99-2000
Forum: 03/04(lurk:eek:) Joined 2005

IMAX2 / LoMax / 4DS followed by STS/HC series

Everyone that knows me knows this - "The SUMO" followed closely by slammits and hip hop repeaters.

Mainly Cathe some other workouts are Cardio Coach and FIT by Tracey and a smidgen of Beach Body...

Interests include photography and most all things media / digital related; & Music like JOURNEY! Classic Rock & Country...I'm a RocknCountryGal ♫

Fun Stuff: Smile!!! I've been privileged to be around and about the Road Trip having tons of fun while capturing EVERYONE having fun by way of Photos :p Don't be shy, remember this is your time to workout, visit, take photos and get autographs & you will Work Work!!! right along with Cathe. :D

Attachments

• allie-laura2009.jpg
    allie-laura2009.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Cathe's - Crew 2008.jpg
    Cathe's - Crew 2008.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 12
  • bc-gang (Medium).jpg
    bc-gang (Medium).jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 13
  • sd-group1 (Medium).jpg
    sd-group1 (Medium).jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 13
  • cathe-grp-pic.jpg
    cathe-grp-pic.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 14
Hi Cynthia, (and everyone else!)

I don't have time to answer all the questions tonight, but maybe since you've been on so many road trips you can help me out. This will be my first one, and I am wondering how complex of a step work-out Cathe does. Does she make it easy for a beginner to follow, or not so much.

I should have time later this week to answer the gettting to know you questions. I am very excited, only 6 weeks to go! I just signed up a week ago, had no plans of going whatsoever. I'm not even sure how it happened! My husband keeps asking me where Cathe is going to be, and said, "why don't we just go to Texas?" OKAY!

Kim

Kim,
Hope you don't mind me answering your question (I've been to several road trips). The step routines are not really complicated. Cathe usually builds to the final routine like she does in the DVDs. So she starts out fairly easy and then adds in the modifications as she goes and then runs through the finished product. At previous RTs there have been some attendees who have done very little step and they still enjoyed the class. Hope that helps.

Jean

Name / Forum Name: Dreamyjeanie

Previous Road Trips: New Jersey - 2005, 2007, 2008(July), 2009, 2010 and Daytona 09 & San Diego 2010

Where your from and family (again only if comfortable): I live near Fort Worth TX with my husband of 27+ years.

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership: I discovered Cathe on FitTV in the fall of 2004. When I heard about her 2005 RT, I decided to step out of my comfort zone and venture to NJ. I am so glad I did.

Favorite DVDs/Videos:p: Favorite Step video is Rhythmic Step. Favorite Strength is STS.

: All time favorite step move is Hip Hop Repeater.

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts: Besides working out with Cathe, I enjoy jogging, spinning and biking.

Fun Stuff:
Obvioulsy I love road trips. It is such a treat to be able to workout live with Cathe and get the opportunity to meet other Cathletes and to have a little vacation. I have met some of my best friends through roadtrips and keep in contact with them throughout the year. Besides road trips, I enjoy traveling and amusement parks. I also enjoy spending time with my 4 legged fur babies(see avatar). I have a 3 year golden retriever and a 10 year old australian shepherd. Looking forward to another wonderful workout weekend.

Jean

Last edited:
Thanks Jean,

That does help. I am pretty comfortable with step, but my husband is coming with me, and he is not. He thinks he might have to sit out on the step class.

you are so lucky to be close to Houston. I live in Minnesota and we are driving to Houston. It is cheaper than flying, and we get to see some parts of the country we haven't been to. It will be fun, but a lot of driving..

Kim

Name / Forum Name:

Tracie/Ketros

[email protected]

Previous Road Trips

:( None yet

Ontario Canada/ Living in USA and loving it! Here on a transfer with my hubbys work.
I am 41 and have 3 children and 3 stepsons .. yes that is a total of 6 kids:eek: And a new granddaughter :D Who we spoil!

In two years we will be Kid free :( not sure if I will like an empty house!:(

Fit TV got me hooked :)

Favorite DVDs/Videos

STS strength only been doing it for two weeks but am loving the results so far:D

MMA Kickboxing
Butts and Guts

Cathe's treadmill work out ... 50 mins with a 2% incline every 10 mins

Fun Stuff:
I love to shop ha ha who doesn't;) Bike ride/walk my dog! She is a beautiful Black&Tan Doberman who keeps me going!

Last edited:
A Photo (attachment on this forum -so cool!)

Name / Forum Name: Msmik/Kim

[email protected]

Previous Road Trips
none

Northern Minnesota

I bought a VHS step tape by Cathe pre-1995. LOVED IT!

Rhythmic Step and Stepblast

I have some least favorite....scissor jumps.

Golf, biking, hiking, reading. Love my two dogs!

Fun Stuff:
Share a little something about yourself with the group to make it fun add a favorite saying, favorite music, funniest moment - you pick...you'd be surprised who remembers what and how you name associate with each other :rolleyes:

...and anything else - this is totally up to you to discuss amongst yourselves. :cool:

My husband is really into fitness. Not so much doing DVD's, but he is doing some Cathe videos over the next 5 1/2 weeks, because he is coming with me!

Hi all!

Name / Forum Name: Meredith/meredith

Email Address / FB Address -- I'm Meredith Tompkins on Facebook -- friend me! Love my Cathe friends! We keep each other's enthusiasm up.

Previous Road Trips - this is my 5th one. I've been to 4 of the Glassboro ones, including the one in 2005, which some of us were remembering was so low-tech: we actually passed around envelopes to collect meal $. Just a bunch of friends.

Where your from and family - I have lived all over, recently moved from New Jersey to Austin, TX. I have two teens, a husband who works during the week in Houston (so I'm kindof a single mom M-F), and a cat that's my baby.

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership - I bought IMax I from Collage in 1999, and I've been hooked ever since. I've done every single pre-order since then. I'm truly a fanatic for Cathe. She is quality, and she is the un-diva. I've met her enough times now to know that she's the real deal: she loves what she's doing & appreciates her fans.

Favorite DVDs/Videos - Rhythmic Step is my favorite of all time for cardio work. I really like Meaner Legs and I really love CTX to mish-mash with. I also swear by the full-body weight work, I do one of those every Friday and switch off between them. Yesterday was Muscle Max!

Favorite Step or other moves - hip-hop repeater is so fun. I actually love all the moves in LIS, just feels like a dance party the whole time to me. If I'm in a funk, I put this one on & then I feel better about life.

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts - I am a gym rat, so I mix that up with Cathe. I swim laps in my pool in the evening when it's warm enough. I just love being active. We would ski all winter in NJ, but now it will probably just be an annual trip. I read a lot and I work as an RN in psych and woundcare.

Fun Stuff: I taught group X classes for many years, I taught everything from advanced step to aqua to spin to yoga. I prided myself on being a versatile instructor. Once I became a nurse 3 years ago, it was too hard to do it all. Now I get my fix just from Cathe, the best instructor I've ever seen.

hi everyone!

Name / Forum Name: Pat/Werkout Kween

Previous Road Trips - 2010 is my year! San Diego, Glassboro and now Houston. I’m hooked…

Email Address / FB Address: Patricia Phillips on FB

Where your from and family - I live on the little island of Alameda which is across the bay from San Francisco. The rest of my family is scattered all over the country – from Maine to Arizona to Washington State.

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership - In 2004, I first saw Cathe on FitTv, bought her Low Max dvd and the rest is history. I love her no nonsense approach.

Favorite DVDs/Videos - Low Max will always be one of my favs along with Body Max 2. 4 Day Split gets my vote too.

Favorite Step or other moves - Love the “slam its” and the reverse mambos.

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts – I’m a retired marathon runner but I have my elliptical trainer at home which gives me hard cardio without feeling beat up.

Fun Stuff - My 3 cats give me plenty of entertainment—one who likes to lick the sweat off of me when I’m on the floor doing ab work. I also have a betta fish who watches me very intently when I finish my workout with a stretch ☺

Hello!

Name / Forum Name:
Heather Starnes / hstarnes

Previous Road Trips
None! Houston will be my first. It's just around the corner and I can't wait!

Where you're from and family (again only if comfortable)
Allen, TX (suburb just north of Dallas) but originally from Arkansas

Started following Cathe on FitTV in 2006; DVDs soon followed and just found the forum a few months ago after I bought the STS series.

Favorite DVDs/Videos
Step Moves is a lot of fun. I also like the challenge and variety of Drill Max.

Mambo “cha-cha-cha”

Just finished STS a few weeks ago and love the challenge of lifting heavier weights. Also enjoy running when the weather is cool enough (which isn’t too often in Texas!) and any other dance aerobics classes.

Fun Stuff: I love dancing in my living room for the occasional workout. Great way to break a sweat!

This is my first road trip and I'm very excited. I just signed up a week and a half ago and have been dying to post on the forums, but for some reason didn't have permission. It has taken forever to solve the problem, but now I can post. YEA. Hopefully that will make me less nervous.

http://www.brandonandkimberlyfears.blogspot.com/
There's me and my family.

Name / Forum Name:
Kimberly Fears/kfears

[email protected] / Kimberly Hall Fears on FB

Previous Road Trips
none

DH and I moved to Houston from Las Vegas. Our kids were born here in Houston. If you saw my family picture you will see that my oldest 3 are adopted. The baby is ours. His 2nd birthday is the first day of road trip. :(

I found Cathe on fit tv when my firm videos were getting boring.

Favorite DVDs/Videos

Lots.
STS is my favorite thing to do for ST. I'm on my 4th time through.
I love drill max for a fun circuit, rythmic step for pure step, imax 2 just for fun.

not sure, triples down the board come to mind for some reason.

I love to run.

Fun Stuff:
Not sure. I have 4 boys so life if pretty hectic.
I'm very excited and nervous about road trip. It is kind of out of my comfort zone to get out of my house and do something for me. I can't wait. :)

Name / Forum Name:
Aaron Logsdon / mattymoomom

Previous Road Trips
This is my first Road Trip! I'm so excited and nervous too!

Where you're from and family (again only if comfortable)
Arlington, Texas, orginally from Beaumont, Texas. I have been married for 15 years next month. We have two boys, ages 12 and 10.

I started working out with fitness videos in 1998, discovered Cathe in 2003.

Favorite DVDs/Videos
My all time favorite is Body Max 2. I also LOVE all of Cathe's step videos.

I love mambo cha cha's!! I can do that move all day!

I love to walk/run outside when the weather is nice.

Fun Stuff: I love to hang out with my husband and two boys. Also love to read, bake and shop! I am so looking forward to the Road Trip!

Name / Forum Name:
Candy Martin / sacwmartin

Previous Road Trips
none

I live with my husband and 2 teenage boys in the Woodlands TX!

I found Cathe's workouts on Fit TV

Favorite DVDs/Videos

IMAX 2

love, love, love anything kickbox

Martial Arts and Bootcamp style classes

Fun Stuff:

Attachments

• avon walk 1.jpg
    avon walk 1.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.