Interval Max

tneah

Cathlete
I just got done with this beast of a workout!:eek: Good grief, it says on the back of the cover, the workout lasts about 33 minutes, with a 5 min warm-up, and cooldown.
Much to my surprise it lasts about an hour, and those interval blasts kick your butt! This is a workout on the Rythmic step+ DVD collection. Geez, has anyone else done this particular workout and what did you think?
Maybe I am having a low energy day or something, but I thought the blasts were tough, and there were 10 of them!
The good news is the step portion is doable for "step dorks" like myself!!
Oh, and its so cute to see Cathe and the crew in their outfits!:) And I like Hope, she is in some of the older workouts, she is fun to watch, she gets pooped like I do, bless her heart!

I've done this many times and it is a tough one. Interval 10 always kills me. I think it is about the same intensity as IMAX 3 but with more athletic choreography. It is a bit dated but it's still a keeper. I just did MIC hi/lo a few days ago which is on the same DVD and that is my most dreaded cardio workout, even worse than the IMAXes. I prefer IMAX 3 though. I like more dancy choreography and I like the music better in IMAX 3 as well.

Marcy

Personally I think it's tougher than the other IMAXs. Some of those moves--oh those dreaded static lunges--just kill me! I can't even remember the last time I did this workout, I dread it so much........probably around the same time I last did Kick Max......:p

Thanks guys, I am so happy to see I am not the only one that thinks this is hard!! Geez, Even after a shower and a good meal, my body is still in "shock!":)

In my opinion, the original Imax is by far the hardest of the Imax's. I love Imax 3 and do that one more often than either of the others. Imax is so hard for me, and I just don't like the warmup very much either. Great job getting in all those blasts!!!

Diana

>I just got done with this beast of a workout!:eek: Good grief,
>it says on the back of the cover, the workout lasts about 33
>minutes, with a 5 min warm-up, and cooldown.

The interval segments are 38-minutes long, plus the 13-minute warm-up (which adds quite a bit to the length), plus the 3-minute cooldown, plus the 6-minute stretch, for a full hour-long workout.

I really like Interval Max. It's deceptive, in that the moves are very straight forward (which I like) and the step segments are not complex (I like that also, especially in an intense interval workout, which was one reason I didn't like Imax3--I don't like more complex choreo combined with interval blasts) but it's a high-intensity workout.

I even like the music, which sometimes sounds like something out of a 1960's spy series.

It's a rather nostalgic workout, because the tropical drums tune, where Cathe says she feels like she's on a tropical island, reminds me that it was soon after this that Cathe and DH went on vacation to some tropical locale, and 9 months later, their first son was born.
;-)

>I like Hope, she is in some of the older
>workouts, she is fun to watch, she gets pooped like I do,
>bless her heart!

I like Hope, too, and I often miss her! It was always nice to have a backgrounder who was fit but not 'buff,' and sometimes took things down a notch when she needed to.

Ohh, that is so sweet, the story about Cathe and her DH:) I love that! Thanks for sharing, and I plan on doing this workout once a week, because it is simple and straight-forward, but very effective. And I don't mind the old school look, its kinda cute:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.